Going to be less active... or something

Naza Sutera

Like the title says, I'm going to be leaving the site for a little while. Not completely, I hope. I'll try check in every now and again. But right now, as much as I love you guys and this community, the site is a little bit of a distraction from the bigger picture in my life.

The truth is that I am going through a bit of a "quarter-life crisis". I'm going to be straight with you all: for those who do not know, I suffer from depression, anxiety, and borderline personality disorder, and I currently want to work on rectifying those things so that I am not living my life at the mercy and whim of my deficits. I feel like I am stuck in a rut and not making any real progress in my life, and that is leaving me completely dissatisfied and frustrated. For right now, I need to give roleplaying a break because I feel like I am living my life vicariously through the beautiful imaginations of myself and others, rather than focusing on actually making my dreams come true. Doing things like staying up till three in the morning on Skype or the site chat soaring to the far reaches of the universe is something that I LIVE for, but what I really need to do is live for myself and conquer the battles before me. This site is one of the best things to happen to me in recent years, and I come here because life is rough sometimes. But I need to stop being afraid to live life and grow.

Let me be clear. I'm not leaving you guys completely or forever. I just need to take time to focus on myself for a while.

But all in all, I love you guys, you guys fucking rock, you all are fucking LEGENDARY. I wish you all the best and whatever you all are trying to do.

Take care.

• Like 5

We love you Nasa.

And we all have different life trajectories. So, seek the balance that best suits you. If you show up every so often for a few and then dip out well before bedtime then I won't hold that against you. If you retreat to a closer circle of compadres as you sort things out, then I also won't hold that against you. Hobbies are well and good, but priorities amount to the life you lead. Always set priorities that satisfy you in the long of it.

You do you, man.

Carve out the best life you possibly can for yourself, and be the best you possibly can.

We'll be here if and when you need us.

• 2 weeks later...

I will admit that I went through many of the same thoughts some time ago.  Take life by the horns and don't let it pass you by, but also note that meaningful progression tends to take time.  Good luck, Naza, and I hope to still see you drop by here now and again. :p