Star Fox Switch Wishlist

StarMaverick

what is a one feature that you want the most in the next SF Game?(Beside Gameplay and Single Player)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. what is a one feature that you want the most in the next SF Game?(Beside Gameplay and Single Player)

• Story(That is not rehash Of previous SF games)
    • Better Graphic
    • Soundtrack
    • Good Overall Voice Acting
    • No Motion Control(Or at least make it Optional)
    • New Planets to explore.
    • Bring back SF2 Characters(Fay,Miyu,and Algy) and SF Comic/Manga(Fara, Free as a bird,ETC
    • Playable Starfox and Star wolf characters
    • On foot Gameplay
    • Select and/Or customize Arwings

I guess all of you know that Myamoto said in the Recent interview that He wished that Starfox were "More Popular" and put will "More energy" into future SF games, It pretty much saying that the SF series is not dead(Yet), And He possibly only forces on the Nintendo Switch Star fox And Pikmin Games after his current Projects.(Pikmin is also one of the two series that Myamoto wished to be more popular in his recent interview) 

There No Upcoming Star fox game announced by Nintendo yet, But Let make a wishlist on The next star fox game anyway On what Nintendo Should do, and What not to do in the game.

This was a hard one, but, being who I am, I'm always gonna wish for only the best soundtrack to come out for it. I swear, it can be done, and it can be original! It can tear your eyes outta your sockets and glue them to the screen as the instruments roar with excitement! Couple this with an insane On-Rails tour of Lylat, and we have the perfect recipe for GLORY.

• Like 1

After Star Fox Zero ''mediocre'' sales my faith on getting a new game for the switch is rather low.

We can just praise the almighty Nintendo. I JUST WANT NEW CONTENT PLEASEE

*wheeze* Krystal... *cof* series... *wheeze* please...

Story story story is ESSENTIAL at this point for Starfox. It has an established pedigree of planets and characters and vehicles and factions. The sandbox is set to play in, now Nintendo really needs to COMMIT to giving us a story that actually engages people and makes them care about this setting they've built. It doesn't need to be deep or world changing, just.... good enough to make people care. Starfox is deeply rooted in space opera scifi, now it is time for it to start reflecting on all the narratives its borrowed from and make one for itself. 

• Like 3

I'm really hoping that the story doesn't end up as another reboot.  Besides that I don't want a story overly complicated or cutscenes that drag out too much AKA please no 2000s sonic game plots!

A few ways StarFox can approve in my opinion.

• Plot that continues from Starfox Assault (no reboot please)
  • Ditch the on rail shooter genre so that way sales in Japan can increase (Yeah no, modernizing an already dead genre isn't going to help)
  • Focus on exploration, similar to games like Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky (Yeah I know),
  • More on foot missions or simply rather; have them explore planets on foot too.
  • Make the Point A to Point B missions less common

That's what I believe Starfox would improve and along with Nintendo to mainstream it like their more popular IPs such as Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, etc.

Some things I'd like:

• Plot that continues off from Zero, or continues after Andross's defeat.
  • Storytelling similar to Farewell Beloved Falco.
  • Lots of branches and hidden objectives, similar to 64.
  • New villain that isn't Andross or generic aliens.
  • Transforming vehicles returning, also the blue marine with its own transformation.
  • More planets, perhaps bring Eledard or Papetoon back.
  • More multiplayer features.  Since there's four teammates, four player co-op could be perfect.
  • About 20+ missions.
  • No random things such as S flags or medals scattered in the levels.
  • I want to keep my hyper lasers after taking a hit, even if that means bringing back broken wings.
  • Like 3

As long as it doesn't have an awkward control gimmick, and actually has some characterization and a decent story, I'd be a fan.

7 hours ago, OneUnder said:

As long as it doesn't have an awkward control gimmick, and actually has some characterization and a decent story, I'd be a fan.

Speaking of which:

• DITCH THE INNOVATION PARTS PLEASE.

From what I've seen from Nintendo up to now with their Wii U game; Innovation kills. To be more clear of myself;

Nintendo has tried making games more enjoyable by trying to be "Innovated" with their Wii U gamepad, and what did we get? Half assed games with either gimmicky stuff or frustrating controls, Games such as Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, and Star Fox for example. While some can adapt (I can't understand how some of you can adapt to such frustrating controls so I envy you.) some would feel it's unresponsive or uncontrollable and ever since the game came out, no plans for a new had been made yet and it seems Star Fox is going to continue to stagnate for another 3-5 years or so. Animal Crossing somewhat recovered with their New Leaf update but pretty much Animal Crossing is too, going to stagnate, at worst where a game had been "slaughtered" by innovation-- if I was being exaggerated-- would be Paper Mario, not once but *TWICE* did it sold poorly due to how nintendo tried to make the game "Innovated", literally. So based on those three example alone,  I came to the conclusion that Innovation and Nintendo kills gaming (Or at least their own games)

Even though I mainly wanted a New story in A new SF games But they HAS to put a Online Multiplayer in the next game, As IMO SF has the potential as having the one of the best multiplayer in Nintendo gaming history, And I kinda agree with Quadrodine that they should start putting Space exploration elements in the new game, Oh and Improving on a On-foot gameplay from Assault too.

What do I want?

A Bigger Star Fox Team. Add Katt Krystal, Miyu Fay Fara.
Have options as to which group flies with you, and each team members adds their own abilities. Say i want Fara, Krystal and falco to go with me on a mission to say  Fichina, i pick them and tell the others, hang out here and keep in touch from the control room

add a fourth  laser level, so its red or pink. so single green, double green, , blue, red/pink. stronger lasers basically make it easier to kill enemies.

Story wise, we need a new villain, shoehorning in Andross every time gets boring. Thats what killed the end of adventures for me.

have reasons to go back to planets. zero sorta did this, but it needs to be expanded.

perhaps have different challenges to get medals based on what team members are with you. ie falco- number of kills, Krystal speed in completing level. Katt- number of bonus hits. slippy, amount of damage taken, etc.

more interaction between teammates, in and out of the arwing.

• 6 months later...

Basically Star Fox Assault 2...only fix up the controls a bit, make the Arwing missions play more like Star Fox 64 (fast-paced, more rapid-firing laser), actually give the game multiple routes, be able to play as any member including Star Wolf's gang, completely eradicate the need to help other team members while doing on-foot missions, and make it have online multiplayer as well as bots and probably some other things.

Story story story is ESSENTIAL at this point for Starfox. It has an established pedigree of planets and characters and vehicles and factions. The sandbox is set to play in, now Nintendo really needs to COMMIT to giving us a story that actually engages people and makes them care about this setting they've built. It doesn't need to be deep or world changing, just.... good enough to make people care. Starfox is deeply rooted in space opera scifi, now it is time for it to start reflecting on all the narratives its borrowed from and make one for itself. 

so what you are saying is that star fox has enough stuff in it's "world" that instead of introducing new content like planets and enemies it should start utilizing more of what already exists.  Kinda like super mario galaxy 2 for how much of the first galaxy game it reused. 

• Like 1

Basically Star Fox Assault 2...only fix up the controls a bit, make the Arwing missions play more like Star Fox 64 (fast-paced, more rapid-firing laser), actually give the game multiple routes, be able to play as any member including Star Wolf's gang, completely eradicate the need to help other team members while doing on-foot missions, and make it have online multiplayer as well as bots and probably some other things.

Umm... Sorry to say, but they already did that. Twice. They call it "Command" and "Zero". I'd rather have something fresh and innovative than yet another attempt to reproduce Starfox 2, and with 2's confirmation of public release, I believe it will be an easier task to accomplish for now on.

I doubt they'd ever make it (or even that a lot of people would particularly want it), but I've always sort of wanted a Mass Effect style SF game. With (mostly) flight replacing ME's on foot combat, but interspaced with open world exploration and decision making.

Or I guess to put it another way, SF Adventures but with most ground combat replaced with flight sequences that aren't just an afterthought in development, and more decision making (beyond choosing flight routes, but not as extreme as Command).

Two words my friends: Player agency. This is the biggest thing Star Fox needs to get right, whether it be in the form of multiple paths, multiple ways to complete missions or objectives within missions, just giving the play tangable control over the events in the story would go a long way to bringing it closer to the Star Fox game I'd personally want, at least.

It would take a lot of work, but it'd need a more compex story. Not Command levels of stupidly complex, but more than what 64/Zero offered. Using Zero as an example, imagine the first Corneria Boss. Lets say you defeat him the standard way and he flies off. Maybe down the road he shows up again as a mini-boss? Its nothing majorly complex but it gives players the feeling of crafting their own story.

As for gameplay, I could go either way. I still love the On-Rail gameplay, but I'd love to see more free-form flight levels akin to Ace Combat. On-foot/ground missions would be neat too if done right, but I don't think its really necessary.

• Like 1

In all honesty, I can't make just 1 choice, so I would choose all of the above. Can you blame me?

Umm... Sorry to say, but they already did that. Twice. They call it "Command" and "Zero". I'd rather have something fresh and innovative than yet another attempt to reproduce Starfox 2, and with 2's confirmation of public release, I believe it will be an easier task to accomplish for now on.

Not in the least bit...neither of those had the in-depth play control I was talking about; Command is so vastly removed from what I'm looking for in a Star Fox game with the turn-taking and drawing paths to fight little skirmish-type battles, and Zero is kinda it's own thing in reboot fashion. I mean an actual Star Fox Assault 2, in case Star Fox Assault 2 wasn't already clear enough.

so what you are saying is that star fox has enough stuff in it's "world" that instead of introducing new content like planets and enemies it should start utilizing more of what already exists.  Kinda like super mario galaxy 2 for how much of the first galaxy game it reused. 

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I wouldn't want anything new otherwise...there's plenty of room for anything else new to be introduced, I would think. I was mostly speaking in context of play control, because I like games that feel very responsive to quick inputs like Star Fox 64 would be. And of course...anything else to show for it concerning the latter points I made about online/multiplayer bots etc.

Star Fox Command is only loosely based on SF2. Zero is closer but still lacks the Real-Time and Random elements.

A proper build-on of SF2 would include both.