David201's Star Fox Observations and Theories

david201

I have seen various fanfics of StarFox or Corneria either being sent to or accidentally discovering Earth. what I usually notice about the time frame of these stories is that it's always set either in the modern day or in the distant future and has to do with Earth making an alliance with the lylat system. Time frame in game timeline is usually after Command or after Assault.

Though i have a different approach for such stories. What if instead of coming to Earth in the modern day, why not an earlier decade, like, for example, the 1950s or even the 1930s.

In my opinion it would make an even better contrast between the technology of the two worlds as well as showing that the lylatian perception of time is different from ours (futuristic in lylat, 50's on Earth). In these stories, the alien characters have to keep minimal contact with the humans (human only getting small or indirect glimpses of them and their craft) during their stay while having to do shopping runs into nearby towns or cities for supplies while their own begin to dwindle, which may involve cloaking, paper thin disguises, or "inconspicuous" clothing. in these stories, they would have to get incognito while at the same time be exposed to the primitive but good looking society and culture of the 50's or the 30's. Who said aliens were immune to nostalgia. At the same time there can also be another side plot were a local investigator or government agents is rying to look for them and gets more clearer glimpses of them but never actually meets them. The country they would land in would specifically be the United states, but largely in rural or country areas or even close to small towns.

The stories would also switch perspective with the human protagonists as well. and is told int he style of an eyewitness account

any involvement with historical events in those decades may result in an alternate timelne forming.

I have several possible premises:

-(post-Command) Fox, after losing everything following the Anglar war, unknowingly crash lands in 50's (or 30's) era Earth and tries to either hide or blend into human society in that time period while at the same time tying to cope with the guilt and depression of losing everything back in lylat. 

-(Post Assault) A warp blunder results in Starfox warping to and crashing on either 50's or 30's era Earth. for several months they will have to work to repair their mothership while hiding as best as they can from human eyes.

-(Post command)Krystal (now known as Kursed) either flees to or crash lands on 1950's Earth and also has to stay hidden from human society while trying to survive and make a new life on earth. However, due to her newfound cold and cruel personality, she attacks or kidnaps several people, and then goes on to antagonize or torment the inhabitants of a quaint small town in rural America, which attracts the attention of a private investigator. unbeknownst to her, Fox was assigned to an expedition to the newly discovered earth and is heading for the planet, not aware of the mess he will end up in once he lands there.

-(Post command) Star wolf, after having relapsed into crime due to their failure as proper mercenaries following the anglar war, unknowingly flee to the unmapped Earth (1950's era) during an attempt to flee cornerian authorities. Their presence towards a small town in midwestern America is not well recieved and they end up putting the whole town in hostage. prompting certain townspeople to want to fight back.

Yeah in these stories, earth is largely unmapped and undiscovered.

• Like 1

Another suggestion for an Earth visitation would be for Starfox or Corneria in geenral to visit a version of Earth already populated by animals. One particularly good Video game example of such an instance would be Earth in the Sly Cooper series.

I say this because, the advantages for an Earth inhabited by Anthropomorphic animals is that Cornerians or Cerinians would be indistinguishable from a Terran animal and that the only discrepancy would be their language. So they can easily just change into Earth clothes, forge passports, licenses, and documents and nobody would notice . . .until they start speaking.

This would largely be for anyone interested in doing crossovers with Sly Cooper and Starfox. (alternatively it can also be where the sly characters are lylatians instead of earthlings). Seeing how Magic, Super science, and Advanced technology exist on the Sly Version of Earth, One can imagine the two series crossing over nicely in a well written fanfic.

Another thing of interest is the fact that some of Sly and Fox's Characteristics are similar, Both lost their parents to the big bad, Both lead a ragtag team who fights for the good(one being thieves stealing from even bigger criminals the other being mercenaries who destroy said criminals), and both fought a made ape scientist in their respective series, (Andross in star fox, Dr. M in Sly Cooper). Actually it could be easily said that Sly Cooper is what happens when you merge Star Fox and Lupin the Third yet make the protagonist a raccoon and make the setting Earth.

• 1 month later...

If Sauria were to be a battlefront the lylat wars (Star Fox 64/Zero) this is how i think it would have gone out.

Since the panet is already ruled by several tribes and sovereignties, the war fought on and for sauria between Andross and Corneria would be more of a Proxy war, a war instigated by a major power that does not itself become involved. In this case, The Sharpclaws, Redeyes, and several tribes, would be aligned towards Venom, whilst the EarthWalkers and Cloudrunners, are aligned towards Corneria. Guerilla warfare is largely relied upon by the Venomians and venomian aligned tribes, meaning that the only way to neutralize them would be to weed them out from the ground using various tactics, or carpet-bombing and using biological, herbicidal or chemical weapons to destroy the jungle their hiding in from the air, both at the irredeemable cost of destroying Sauria's natural beauty, cultural heritage (if ruins or ancient structures are involved) and creating environmental damage, which unfortunately happens. However the Venomian aligned tribes use simple but effective traps and tactics to keep the cornerian aligned tribes at bay.

Both Cornerian and Venomian troops are sent to sauria to aid either side, but an air of mistrust towards the unaligned and neutral tribes, such as the Lightfoots result in several unspeakable civilian atrocities committed by both sides (which involve ransacking and wiping out entire villages and slaughtering innocent tribals all because they thought they were the enemy of each other). For Corneria's Case, playing on the incompetence of their military, they decided it was best to broadcast the saurian front to the public, the end result being public outcry and protests against the atrocities committed on Sauria as well as the Saurian Front's apparent pointlessness. While Venom eventually withdraws in later parts of the war, Corneria withdraws primarily because of civillian insistence to withdraw and remove their troops and equipment from Sauria.

While other battlefronts in the Lylat wars draw inspiration from WWII or Various sci fi works, such as Star Wars, In Sauria's case, The battle that would have gone out there would have been based on the Vietnam war (with the Venomian-aided side being more similar to the Viet Cong rather than the Nazis/Galactic Empire), in terms of strategies, environment, warfare, atrocities and in terms of sheer pointlessness. If Star Fox were ever called to that planet their missions would primarily involve bombing the jungle with herbicides or napalm and for ground missions, blasting several ruins or villages suspected to be used as bases or outposts by the enemy.

In the end, were left with a culturally and environmentally devastated planet that is now hostile extremely towards any outsiders and it's spiritual energy possibly damaged or corrupted by the warfare.

So what do you think?

• Like 1

That be so Cretaceous, perhaps even Triassic. But i know one thing it's not, Jurassic.

Since you mentioned vietnam, here's mood music

Well I do like the idea. Do you plan to describe it in further ina fanfic?

Edited by Snes1993
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Snes1993 said:

That be so Cretaceous, perhaps even Triassic. But i know one thing it's not, Jurassic.

Since you mentioned vietnam, here's mood music

Well I do like the idea. Do you plan to describe it in further ina fanfic?

I'm not really that good in writing fanfics. so i'll leave it up to others

Nobody is going to write your fanfiction for you. "Leaving it to others" works like... 1% of the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xortberg said:

Nobody is going to write your fanfiction for you. "Leaving it to others" works like... 1% of the time.

i honestly cant write a good fanfic correctly. I'm more of a summary type person.

Also this isnt fanfic fodder, it's speculation 

6 hours ago, david201 said:

i honestly cant write a good fanfic correctly. I'm more of a summary type person.

Also this isnt fanfic fodder, it's speculation 

Nothing wrong with a good ol' collaboration.

1 hour ago, david201 said:

i can only describe details since i am too expositional when i write

Nothing wrong with too much detail as long there is an emotional base and characters we can relate to :) I'm sure you can do it. If not it's okay, nothing that a little help to get things moving can't solve

9 hours ago, Snes1993 said:

Nothing wrong with too much detail as long there is an emotional base and characters we can relate to :) I'm sure you can do it. If not it's okay, nothing that a little help to get things moving can't solve

though this speculative thesis is suppose to be on what Sauria's role in the lylat wars would be if it were retconned and used as a battlefront/ playable level.

Instead of being based on star wars or ww2, nintendo if they had reintroduced sauria, would have stuffed it with references and homages from famous vietnam war movies like, platoon, apocalypse now, full metal jacket, or rambo.

• 4 weeks later...

How i would do a StarFox Zero sequel while keeping all the Dinosaur planet/adventures content (Krystal) relevant in the reboot timeline.

After the lylat wars, it seemed there would be a new era of peace across lylat, but unbeknownst to all, a new foe arises. All across lylat, there are numerous reports of "Phantom" Ships and eventually "Ghost Fleets" comprised of spectral decaying vessels appearing throughout the system. as time passes, the reports and the ghost ships grow in the numbers. The epicenter of these reports originate near and around, or even at Sector Omega.

These "Ghost Ships" were unsuspecting cornerian, venomian and pirate ships that fell victim to Andross's Teleportation experiments. As a result they were permanently trapped in a purgatory between two dimensions, causing the ships to become deformed, decaying, derelict hulks as well as attain abilities and properties that would be described as being supernatural at best, including the ability to travel between dimensions, more powerful weaponry, and the ability to sustain and absorb damage, then reflect it back on the opponent. In some cases, the ships can become intangible. You can't harm them but they can harm you. The Crews of these ships have also been affected, receiving deformities and mutations from these experiments as well as the exposure to and being trapped between dimensions. They are neither alive or dead, experience constant torment from their deformities and memories of their past selves, and prey on the living as a means of attempting to escape their suffering. They can no longer, eat or sleep, nor can they feel anything anymore. They cannot be killed, and can also survive in the hard vacuum of space.

In a way, Andross, "Cursed" the ships and their crew.

The Fleets are led a ruthless former Cornerian Captain (who commands a flagship that was once cornerian but is transformed tot he point where it has design elements from the Ghost ship from "TLoZ: Phantom hourglass"), hellbent on making living suffer across lylat. Attacking ships and stations, and sparking a wave of terror across lylat. The Most frequently visited planet being Sauria (Attempting contact with the krazoa spirits to help them with their situation) and the most attacked being Corneria. However, what they truly seek is salvation, and a way to restore themselves back to whom they once were. Their true destination: Cerinia. After a particular girl, and a planet's spiritual energy.

As usual you would play as Star Fox, fighting to keep the "Ghost fleet" at bay, with their brand of space combat. However, as the story progress, they eventually come to learn of the ghost fleet's true intentions but are divided on wether to help them or not as they are seemingly hostile to those who are alive.

partially inspired by the over-the-top way "Ghost Ships" are depicted in the Pirates of the Caribbean Films.

• Like 1

:) this idea pleases me. Pirates of the Caribbean black pearl stuff in Starfox? 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Snes1993 said:

:) this idea pleases me. Pirates of the Caribbean black pearl stuff in Starfox? 

giphy.gif

not to mention a bit of Flying dutchman and silent mary (from the upcoming potc film). though given i descibe them as a fleet not a singular ship, t's more "Armada of the Damned" (aq cancelled disney game that was set to feature a armada of ghost ships) and "Pirates of the caribbean online" (That game had an invasion of undead pirates and ghost ships led by the villain jolly roger as part of it's lore)

Only if the Cornerian Commander turns out to be a former Navy-captain from Aquas. :biggrin:

Too bad Armada of the Damned was cancelled, looked like a well made Fable in a PotC-setting. :(

Though I guess that the ghost ships have some weaknesses, as they would otherwise appear overpowered and nearly unbeatable.

3 hours ago, UAZ-469 said:

Only if the Cornerian Commander turns out to be a former Navy-captain from Aquas. :biggrin:

Too bad Armada of the Damned was cancelled, looked like a well made Fable in a PotC-setting. :(

Though I guess that the ghost ships have some weaknesses, as they would otherwise appear overpowered and nearly unbeatable.

Actually i had that in mind and i have a brief description of what the ghost commander looks like: 

white dog with three stripes running vertically down his head all the way to the base of his snout. the left side of his face is disfigured, with his teeth exposed and his left eye scarred, it's pupil clouded. His right eye on the intact side of his face is red. His jaw sometimes has a tendnecy to dislocate and flop about or even split open, only to snap back on at times, though this doesnt affect his speech.

It would also be surprising if James McCloud is part of the crews of the ghost fleet, having been resurrected along with several other deceased victims of sector omega, as a side effect of the experiments. He is the least mutated/transformed individual and serves a role similar to "Bootstrap Bill" Turner from pirates of the caribbean.

their weakness would most likely stem form the fact that they're decayed and rotting. you dont quite defeat them but after taking a certain amount of damage they retreat into the other dimension to regenerate, and it takes a while to do so. Thats why the attacks are more like hit an run raids, where they go in to do damage and just withdraw after doing the deed. They're short but extremely destructive

As it seems that you need primarily firepower to fight the cursed vessels (Are we talking about capital ships and/or fighters?), how about naval-combat-gameplay like Rebel Galaxy? Maybe the Great Fox gets trashed along with your own Arwing, only the fighters of your wingmen remain and your money is just enough to buy a small, old and rusty corvette that can only carry three of them? And while you are doing tasks for several stations, you gain enough money and reputation to buy bigger ships with better gear?

I'm also thinking about Tempest, where there is a "Zombie/Ghost"-faction with decayed ships, that are terrorising a part of the world - and they won't stay dead, as their ships always rise anew from Davy Jones' Locker.

Meaning you can annihilate the commander's fleet. But it's just a matter of time until they rebuild themselves and fight again.

2 hours ago, UAZ-469 said:

As it seems that you need primarily firepower to fight the cursed vessels (Are we talking about capital ships and/or fighters?), how about naval-combat-gameplay like Rebel Galaxy? Maybe the Great Fox gets trashed along with your own Arwing, only the fighters of your wingmen remain and your money is just enough to buy a small, old and rusty corvette that can only carry three of them? And while you are doing tasks for several stations, you gain enough money and reputation to buy bigger ships with better gear?

I'm also thinking about Tempest, where there is a "Zombie/Ghost"-faction with decayed ships, that are terrorising a part of the world - and they won't stay dead, as their ships always rise anew from Davy Jones' Locker.

Meaning you can annihilate the commander's fleet. But it's just a matter of time until they rebuild themselves and fight again.

the ghost fleet would probably only consist of capital ships and the "fighters" not being physical fighters but "Wraiths" being summoned by the ships that you can defeat, though not easily.

The Objective and mechanics would actually be similar to what was present in the unreleased, Star Fox 2 game. 

Great fox does get trashed, but here it's in drydock for much of the game, the ship you have now resembles the carrier in star fox 2

The way the fleet attacks or even individual ships attack is that they dont target one location, their strikes and raids occur at random and sometimes they can appear out in space and attack whoever is present in the area at the time, though the places they seem to be most active around is sector omega, sauria, the other three sectors, and in the later parts of the game, reports begin to surface that the some of the ships are also heading in the direction of cerinia (they're looking for a way to reverse their "curse" so their attacks on the living arent entirely pointless aside from being driven by their own eternal torment and suffering). and due to the destructive nature of these "hit and run" attacks and raids, if starfox fails to help fend off these ghost ships, people will be too scared to venture out into space.

There would also be times where the game switches to assault-style ground combat where you have to fend off waves of altered crewmen boarding and attacking either the great fox or other ships and stations and even bases and cities. another enemy would also be unfortunate cornerian soldiers and civilians who were forcibly transformed by the ghost crew, and have joined their ranks against their will, Some of them having "hollowed" into a dangerous feral state. since they cannot be killed, many including the commander would also carry melee weapons, mostly swords, fashioned from the occursed metal of their own ships. Included would also be altered crew that look like they have armor but is actually spaceship parts merged with their bodies, Like the ships, they cant stay dead (as a way of averting death in a nintendo game) and when you "kill" them they vanish in a cloud of dust and return to their respective vessels. the transformed civilians and soldiers ending up on the ghost ships as well

When attackign ships and space stations, the altered crew have the ability to also phase through solid objects sometimes teleporting from their own vessels to the opponent's ships or stations via phasing

I treat the other dimension from star fox zero as being similar to davy jones locker, both the realm in the pirates film,a nd the euphemism for the bottom of the sea. Even in some works of sci fi we get dimensional spaceships that work similar to oceangoing submarines.

Heck you could say that the black hole and out of this dimension in the original starfox is similar to the locker.

The bosses would be these enormous composite of multiple ships that fused together as another result of the experiments.

Therese a lot more nastier ghost ships waiting in the other dimension along with the commander, not to mention some creatures native to the pocket dimension (and similar to the legendary sea monsters of old) that have also began to appear and attack unsuspecting ships. so those could also be potential bosses.

As for star wolf, i dont think they could ally with the ghost fleet, so they would be allies in this situation, though alternatively i can see them willingly selling their souls to the ghost captain in exchange for servitude in his fleet and being sort of like his "dogs of war".

If you have seen the trailer for potc 5, imagine while in battle with one of the ghost ships, it suddenly defies physics and "rears up" like the silent mary, but here, all the decks and framework unravel in a visually spectacular fashion until the reactor is exposed:

giphy.gif

Okay, now I think you really have to nerf the enemies.

With all their powers and the only drawback, that they are undead, the Star Fox-team and the CDF definitely can't win. The idea is incredibly cool, but not fleshed out enough yet to provide a fair and motivating gameplay.

8 hours ago, UAZ-469 said:

With all their powers and the only drawback, that they are undead, the Star Fox-team and the CDF definitely can't win. The idea is incredibly cool, but not fleshed out enough yet to provide a fair and motivating gameplay.

it'l be a stalemate to be fair. Though the plot here is that they arent trying to wipe them out, they only way for them to be wiped out is if their "curse" is "Reversed" on cerinia and sauria via a bizarre and complex ritual as well as the other dimension being destroyed.

The commander also isn't the true antagonist, tragic villain, yes, but the true antagonist is another person, that General pepper trapped in that other dimension at the end of zero. . . guess who

14 hours ago, UAZ-469 said:

you still there?

Hanz Zimmer, yes.

But... Kenny Rodgers?

2 hours ago, david201 said:

An entire soundtrack composed by Hans Zimmer?

I am not opposed to this at all