MKGirlism

Aparoid on Fortuna: Who did it attack?

Recommended Posts

MKGirlism

I was recently playing through the Japanese and American versions of Star Fox Assault, and I've noticed something very interesting.

As you might have known, in the international versions of the game, the Aparoid attacks Krystal during the cutscene.
vlcsnap-2017-04-06-07h34m22s066.png

However, in the Japanese version, the same Aparoid in the same cutscene attacks Slippy instead.
vlcsnap-2017-04-06-07h31m41s358.png

So, what do you think?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiger Carson

Well...  I would say go with the version that was released first...  But I've always interpreted the international version as the Aparoid attacking Krystal due to her psychic probing of it's mind.  That seemed like the most reasonable explanation at the time, and still does.  I don't know why it would choose to attack Slippy though...  Then again, this game has a badly written story as it is.  It doesn't surprise me that it would have consistency issues internationally.  Doesn't surprise me at all...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sylono

I don't like the idea of Slippy having the uncanny dodge perk, so yeah, what Carson said.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr. Orange

Maybe the Japanese just really hate Slippy.

Like with a burning desire.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snys93

I guess they figured that English speakers would identify with the damsel in distress thing, than an idiot, slapstick comic relief toad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robert Monroe

Slippy having the uncanny dodge perk makes more sense than Krystal, he's a ten year vet on her noob tier experience :V

But yes I do like the idea it shoots at Krystal because she's all SUCH STRANGE THOUGHT PATTERNS and its all CHARLES NO GET OUT OF MY HEAD

 

also fuck off everyone calling Slippy an idiot, motherfucker built a tank out spare parts meant for a jet, I don't see any of you shit heels with even an iota of that amount of creativity or intellectual manpower >:V

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sylono
14 minutes ago, Robert Monroe said:

Slippy having the uncanny dodge perk makes more sense than Krystal, he's a ten year vet on her noob tier experience :V

But yes I do like the idea it shoots at Krystal because she's all SUCH STRANGE THOUGHT PATTERNS and its all CHARLES NO GET OUT OF MY HEAD

 

also fuck off everyone calling Slippy an idiot, motherfucker built a tank out spare parts meant for a jet, I don't see any of you shit heels with even an iota of that amount of creativity or intellectual manpower >:V

I think everyone calls him an idiot for being on the field since he's arguably a shit pilot, he'd be a better Otacon... If his voice wasn't in most cases so damn grating.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robert Monroe

Slippy's not a shit pilot, he's an over eager spastic pilot. The fact he even keeps up with Fox and Falco's talent or Peppy's experience says a LOT, and most of the time he gets chased because he's trying to pick fights and cash checks his tush can't cash.

(Fact: slippy has less scripted chases than Falco or Peppy in 64 or Assault. So take that for what you will too.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sylono

Well, if you're going to be pedantic about it...

Still dunno mate, I'd have an easier time believing an Arwing probably makes up for most of that keeping-up-with-the-rest of-the-team point you made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robert Monroe

Yes, because a highly advanced vehicle requires no effort or personal input from a pilot to make effective use of it.

That's like saying any idiot can be a race car driver with a fast enough care, don't be fucking dense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sylono
3 hours ago, Robert Monroe said:

Yes, because a highly advanced vehicle requires no effort or personal input from a pilot to make effective use of it.

That's like saying any idiot can be a race car driver with a fast enough care, don't be fucking dense.

Well, maybe not a professional race car driver, but I played enough GTA to know that street racing is a neat skill for some mad rep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MKGirlism

Guys, calm down.

I'd say, Slippy isn't as much of an idiot.
I mean, can idiots invent and/or repair technology? Can idiots give a proper analysis of the enemy you're fighting at that moment?

Well, in my opinion, both can make sense to some extend.
On one hand, Krystal can be seen as a girl in distress, which happens very often in video games, but on the other hand, she would have seen that attack coming before it would happen.
Slippy, even though he's a highly technical guy, is still a worse pilot than Falco or Fox, so if the Aparoid would attack any of these 2, they would have dodged the attack much more smoothly, and without yelling.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sylono
10 minutes ago, MKGirlism said:

Guys, calm down.

Yeah Robert, ya' lousy amphibbophile!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snys93

Personally, I felt this would have been a perfect moment to kill off an inconsequential character, leaving a space open for someone more useful...just saying. By that I mean Slippy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robert Monroe

>inconsequential

>slippy

if youre baiting congrats you baited hard

if youre serious then holy balls I don't even know where to begin with you

who would even take his place? You would literally ahve to create a new character to fill his niche, which is like bad writing mistake 101 - never create a character to just replace another character.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snys93
1 hour ago, Robert Monroe said:

>inconsequential

>slippy

if youre baiting congrats you baited hard

if youre serious then holy balls I don't even know where to begin with you

who would even take his place? You would literally ahve to create a new character to fill his niche, which is like bad writing mistake 101 - never create a character to just replace another character.

Jeez ese, calm down and shut the front door. Take a chill pill, take a slow ride and take your shoes off, Mr. Edgelord. It's an just a personal opinion, not a political debate :) 

To you, dear Sir I can say this:

2d41f72deede37abb978d0399f67fcc97b46c1217fb976a652f3f9233b9fdd68.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr. Orange

cc19954c7cfdc4ce8e6a8f17615d3fa7.gif

 

Personally I like slippy in the Tank better than in the air.

He's a good pilot, just his VA annoys me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The VGM Lover

... You know, we could just say that Aparoid doesn't give a flying pig who it attacks first.

And yes. For once, I wanna see Slippy drive a tank in a Story Mode.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robert Monroe
On 4/8/2017 at 5:12 PM, Snes1993 said:

Jeez ese, calm down and shut the front door. Take a chill pill, take a slow ride and take your shoes off, Mr. Edgelord. It's an just a personal opinion, not a political debate :) 

To you, dear Sir I can say this:

2d41f72deede37abb978d0399f67fcc97b46c1217fb976a652f3f9233b9fdd68.jpg

"y u mad tho" is not a counterpoint

half of my anger is just a meme anyway

regardles, "lol slippy pls die" is a fandom frustration that should've died in 1997 but refuses to do so

I do wish Slippy got to use the Landmaster in Assault though as an NPC, would've been cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now