Lamest Starfox 64 Experience

sjrathbun812

Recently, I played through the "legit" route in Starfox 64. When I arrived at venom, the short cut-scene played before Starwolf appeared, and in the short moment before the Starwolf cut-scene played, I moved my ship a bit upward, and Slippy smacked right into me.

"What do you think you're do--"

Then Starwolf appeared.

There was no way for me to even see Slippy coming, since all my buddies were flying behind me. I was incredibly thankful I hadn't chosen "expert" mode because I would've lost a wing, making me lose my hyper lasers, making me terribly disadvantaged against Starwolf. Still, the very fact that Slippy smacked into me and blamed it on me made me ticked, lol.

Perhaps that wasn't my lamest experience but you get the idea.

What's your lamest experience with Starfox 64? :p

sector Y . Random bug on the boss battle kick in and the camera went like crazy. 

now that you mention it. something similar happened to me on hard venom. but with the enemies. leon crashed on wolf and died . shame I wasn't recording.

overall. star fox 64 is a solid game. but I think the lamest thing that happened to someone was the score runner  zallard1 with that sweet game breaking glitch at the end of hard venom :facepalmpicard:

It's pretty embarrassing to say, but there was this one time that I actually died. I know, it's pretty weird, but it did happen.

• Like 1

I would have to say the mine field and the fighter swarm in sector Y. It's not difficult and not much to meatgrind with when you try to get a high score.

6 hours ago, Navis said:

sector Y . Random bug on the boss battle kick in and the camera went like crazy. 

now that you mention it. something similar happened to me on hard venom. but with the enemies. leon crashed on wolf and died . shame I wasn't recording.

overall. star fox 64 is a solid game. but I think the lamest thing that happened to someone was the score runner  zallard1 with that sweet game breaking glitch at the end of hard venom :facepalmpicard:

Lol, I've played the game so many times but I've never encountered the bug in sector Y or knew about that game breaking glitch!

It is a solid game. But sometimes things like what I said about Slippy leave you like

7aea9d54da5ba116e84a6d41fbe8c57d--martin

58 minutes ago, SF Alba said:

It's pretty embarrassing to say, but there was this one time that I actually died. I know, it's pretty weird, but it did happen.

No spit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SF Alba said:

Wat

I thought you were joking, lol. You didn't elaborate so I sensed sarcasm. xD

EDIT: ....Or were you just reacting to my cheesy censoring? xD

A bit off-topic but Threads like this make me want to Play SF64 on N64 for nostalgia's sake, but I can't Because I lost both my N64 and all the N64 games I had a long time ago:(

1 hour ago, StarMaverick said:

A bit off-topic but Threads like this make me want to Play SF64 on N64 for nostalgia's sake, but I can't Because I lost both my N64 and all the N64 games I had a long time ago:(

Same here, though I don't think I would any good anymore

There is a virtual console version on WiiU to my recollection.  And the 3DS version plays pretty close to the original as well, if a bit easier due to being a mobile version of the original.  I'm sure that it'll be on the Switch Virtual Console when VC comes to the Switch too.  And thanks to the upgraded power of the consoles, the game actually looks nicer on VC, though it is slightly more dated in appearance thanks to the age of the graphics.  Still, you got options.

As for my lamest moment...  There was this one time I was doing the Katina mission, and I was trying to take down one of the Invader II ships for a higher score count, when I get slammed into by someone, and I lose a wing and my hyper lasers.  Only to then see Falco's mug show up in the comm channel, and him going at me in an irritated voice, "Get out of my way!" I'm like, DUDE!  You're the one who flew into me, ass hat!  I still got through the mission, though with a broken wing.

That is still the lamest experience I've had in SF64.  Funny enough, I've never unintentionally slammed into either Peppy or Slippy, or hell even Bill.  Never had it happen in the one time I tackled, and beat, Sector Z either with Katt when she showed up.

• Like 1

I remember one instance of Peppy somehow slamming right into me as I was taking on the Aircraft Carrier on Expert mode. Yeah, apparently, that can happen.