New server soon

MKGirlism

For a whole decade, I've been using VPS' to host all websites, communities, etc.
Now for the first time ever, we have bought a dedicated server, meaning we have a full, actual machine just for us.

The development team (mostly no SF-O members) are giving this server a test spin, and if everything goes well, we'll move all website to that server, including this one.

A nice perk would be, this will allow us to finally bring back all the missing files, because now we'll have a full 400 GB HDD, rather than a virtual 50 GB SSD.
When this site will be moved over, you'll hear about it at a later time.
But all websites should be fully moved over within 3 months from now.

Thanks for your understanding.

• Like 5

hal9000.jpg

This sounds cool. Thank you MK-sama.

At least now we know ahead of time. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

10 July is the day, and we're aiming at a time where the majority of the active people are asleep, so chances of anyone noticing any downtime will be minimal, I hope.
Chances are that I won't do it, so I'll create a temporary Root account for the team in a bit, just in case.

The server migration was a success yesterday!
The one who did this told me he had problems with the front page, clicking any link would give you a download of a certain PHP file.
However, I didn't have such issue myself.

If there are any other bugs that came up since yesterday, please don't hesitate to report it.
And for those who don't want to report, how do you like it?
Any notable differences from the old server?

I can now share the file sharing files with the other server admin, so he can put them on while I'm unavailable.

• Like 1