Sorry for all the Errors

Dr. Orange

To make it short and sweet. the new 4.2 update for IPB is completely broken with our current theme. I'm trying to make some edits to keep it bearable but we might need to revert to 4.1 for the meantime? 

What will this mean? Maybe some downtime but I want to try and tackle the errors. If anyone notices anything broken, post it in the Issues thread or PM me. 

Sorry about all this and thank you for bearing with me.

• Like 1

Please report any theme inconsistencies, errors, or otherwise odd technical occurrences in the thread linked below.  If that preview fails to display/link properly, click here.

Don't worry about it man. Like I told you, if you want it, you have my help.

Dunno if it's worth to stay on IP.Board any longer.
I can put this site on our forum system (the one MKGirlism and I create together), but keep in mind that this system is still in development and might have some bugs here and there (fewer than what this site has at this moment, but at least it's all fixable by us, so no need to rely on tech support that won't be able to help any way).

It's okay.

The SciFiFur boards are having issues after the latest VBulletin update.

I blame the crummy programming these forum software companies are doing.  :p

• 3 weeks later...

Just stopped by and noticed that an update broke some CSS.

A couple of things that may help:

In the ACP, go into the theme files and find custom.css, that is where all of my CSS code is.

To fix the white posts, change background-color: #fffefa; to the hex value for what you want admin posts to be or whatever that highlight is for in the snippet below:

.ipsComment_highlighted.ipsBox:not(.ipsBox_transparent):not(.ipsModerated):not(.ipsComment_selected):not(.ipsComment_popular ), .ipsComment_highlighted:not(.ipsBox_transparent):not(.ipsModerated):not(.ipsComment_selected):not(.ipsComment_popular ) .ipsAreaBackground_reset {
    background-color: #fffefa;
}

(You may have to add that section to the file)

To fix the white embeds, try changing this background color (again you may have to add this section) I think I used #121041 originally:

iframe[data-embedContent].ipsEmbed_finishedLoading {
    background-color: #fcfcfc;
    background-image: none;
    border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.1);
}

To fix the lower half of the top navbar, set bacground: #ffffff; to background: none; here (this might be there, but add it if it isn't):

#ipsLayout_header nav {
    background: #ffffff;
    height: 40px;
}

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The good: I applied the changes.
The bad: it didn't change anything.

Tho I don't think making the background of broken components white would solve the problem of broken components being white.

Edit: didn't read properly, sorry.