Something I've always wondered about the Star Fox logo...

Fookes

I'm pretty sure that most if not all of us here are familiar with the winged red fox that is the Star Fox logo.

Image result for star fox logo

But there's something that I've always wondered about it...  A vast majority of the characters in the Star Fox universe are anthropomorphic animals. There are some exceptions like some of the dinosaurs on Sauria and the Aparoids though. 

The logo doesn't seem to be anthropomorphic and resembles a regular fox that you'd find on Earth (Aside from the wings of course :p) As I said before there are some characters that aren't anthropomorphic but as far as we know there aren't any foxes in the Lylat System that don't walk on two legs. There definitely aren't any winged foxes either!

I just have so many questions! How would anybody in the Lylat System know about feral foxes? Do they know about Earth? Is there a winged fox creature in the Star Fox universe that we don't know about? Maybe I'm just overthinking this but we desperately need something to talk about here soooo... What are your thoughts? :) 

Goofy is a dog, Pluto is a dog, but Pluto is a pet and Goofy has a job and a house. 

I think it's just something the designers didn't really care enough to address when they designed it, and Nintendo didn't think about it, or also didn't really care enough to address.

I mean if humans can imagine fantastic creatures surely Lylatians can too?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2018 at 9:08 PM, Robert Monroe said:

I mean if humans can imagine fantastic creatures surely Lylatians can too?

I like this answer.