Beware, I live.

Kursed

By gracious thanks to the wonderful admins here at SF-O (Specifically Sideways, thank you friend) I'm back, it kinda saddens me to see this place so slow and such, but i guess that's kinda the product of little Starfox releases, even with Event horizon....

So umm.. hello everyone, old and new.

• Like 2

Welcome back.

Unfortunately, I knew that this site would begin to deteriorate after the chat room was removed. Removing it was a terrible idea. That, and the stagnation of the progression of the site has caused traffic here to die down to practically nothing.

I too would like to know i don't think I used it much, if any

On 3/1/2019 at 7:57 PM, Kursed said:

I too would like to know i don't think I used it much, if any

shit happened. Friends were made, and stuff like that.

On 28/02/2019 at 10:47 PM, Sideways said:

What was so special about the chat room?

What Quad said. Plus, it goes deeper than that.

People come onto the site, and they see without entering how many people are in the chat room, even if there's only one or two people in there, it gives the impression to a newcomer that there are actually people here.They write their introductory post on the forums, but they don't have to wait for people to reply to actually speak to other members, because they can just go into the chat room and speak with the members there.

The replacement chat feature at the top of every page now now only obnoxiously intrudes on the screen space, but people don't use it like they would use the chat room. Before, many people in this site would have the chat open in its own tab, while doing other things, and just leave it there so that if others wanted to, they'd stop in and say hi. Additionally, while people used the chat room, it would create a better sense of community throughout the regular users of the site, which incentivized people to use the forum pages in order to help that community thrive. The chat room and the forum pages made up for the weaknesses of each other, and removal of one results in the downfall of the other, as we've seen.

As I'm typing this, other than Quadroline's message from earlier today, the last message in the chat box was almost two weeks ago. That makes perfect sense, as well. Why send anything there at all if it's up in the air as to whether or not you'll even get a response? People come to the forum pages to look at the forums, so when they do, they skip right over the chat box. Integrating the two has diluted the site, which has caused a fundamental shift in the way people use the site, which in turn has turned people away, resulting in a site which has very little traffic lately.

That's what was so special about the chat room.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3 years ago, I joined this site because of the chatroom. I was into Star Fox 64, and I wanted to be involved in it's community, and so I found my way here. The forums even in 2016 looked kinda dead, but the chatroom was booming, and that's what attracted me. It's sad to see how this site turned out since I came back.

• Owner/Technical Admin

Sadly, chat is gone and won't be coming back, IPB discontinued that feature back in 2017.  Most of the ones who are active have turned to discord, as it seems forums are not as popular as they used to be.  There were some Ideas brought forth that may help.