E3

Sabre

No Starfox, and a genrally poor E3 all round, but scratch beneath the surface and there are some great games on the way. One that caught me off guard was Mirrors Edge on 360. First person platform game with free running elements. Sounds crap, but when you see it action... wow. Definatly one to keep an eye on.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/239746.html

Another big announcement is GTA DS. I'll be suprised if they can pull it off without it being a big mess.

I saw more Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet, and all, so, that was pretty cool. But overall, I'm disappointed.

To be honest. During E3, The game that I mostly payed attention to was Silent Hill: Homecoming. Although I did pay attention to some other games. But all in all, I wasn't that dissapointed.

To be honest. During E3, The game that I mostly payed attention to was Silent Hill: Homecoming. Although I did pay attention to some other games. But all in all, I wasn't that dissapointed.

I've never payed much attention to the Silent Hill franchise, but yeah, Homecoming looks pretty creepy.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Nintendo was the weakest of the show, sadly. It was just boring to watch. Really boring to watch...

Silent Hill has jumped on the "Let's rip off resident evil 4" bandwagon.

Well The Series had to change someway. But really Konami hasn't shown a lot of Homecoming so we really don't know if Alex Sheperd can match up to Leon S. Kennedy. Plus I'm glad that they're making another SH game. Because right after Team Silent(Original developers of the SH games) Broke up after Silent Hill 4. I thought the Series was dead. Homecoming will not be the same as the old games. There will be less Subtleties, less emphasis on Psychological Horror, and More Emphasis on Action. But I think Double Helix came close to some of the aspects of the old games even though there were scenes taken from the Silent Hill Movie(Which was O.K). And I know that Homecoming's graphics aren't up to par to some of the games featured in E3.

(I'm teribbly sorry that I acted like a Fanboy. I've been following The Silent Hill series since the beginning. I'm just sorry okay... I'm So Sorry.)

Silent Hill has jumped on the "Let's rip off resident evil 4" bandwagon.

Sir, Alex Sheppard fought in a war. He knows how to fight, unlike all of the other SH protagonists. An RE4 rip-off? That is quite... well, honestly a bit too soon to judge. from my view of all of the little things released, it's actually going to stay by it's roots for the most part. They just wanted to update the combat system since SH1-4 were all so clunky. I mean, do you expect a veteran to just swing wildly, or swing precisely and shoot more accurately than an author/regular every day man/young woman/photographer? I watched a vid of the combat, and it really doesn't seem very RE4... (Though I only saw he was handy with a knife) plus, the atmosphere of the game already is proving to be a lot more than what so many would assume. =P I won't say it won't be the next RE4, but all evidence so far points to is it's just going to be Silent Hill, except faster-paced.

(Please do not think I'm being a fanboy. =P I just don't like people insulting a game that isn't even released yet.)

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I am quite disappointed that Nintendo had virtually nothing to show at E3, but they did give us the great news that Chrono Trigger is coming to the DS. (Now dated Nov. 25th)

Also, the new info on Gears of War 2, RE5, Fallout 3, and a few other games was pretty exciting.