Screwed over by a game

Sabre

I was playing Halo 3, after the 15000 point award on Cortana. I was screwed twice, once a room or 2 from the end where seeming invincable enemies came out of walls, blocked me and slapped me on the back of the head.

The second time, after blowing the reactor and making my dramatic escape, an expostion knocked me off the bridge, and to my death.

What's the worst screw overs you've ever had in a game?

Getting bombarded a few times in Mario Kart Wii when I was so close to a first place win. I got hit with a shell, then the ba@#$rds stole my win!!  :wink:

Back during my first playthrough of Metroid II, I saved my game as I got hit by something and died. I loaded up the file and died as soon as I showed up on screen. Had to start all over again.

Guest Julius Quasar

I got burned by the original SNES Starfox Game...

Route 3, Level 7 (Venom, surface)

I fought the main bad guy, the Great Commander Battleship, in its Land Vehicle transformed mode, it shoots laser rings and tosses iron ballls at you...

I had his damage down to 1 more blast, and the cheater shields his one weak point from me (he was shielding his exhaust port), dumps 1,000,000 iron balls out at once, while firing even more laser rings at me, all simultaneously, and I got killed...

At least I beat the other 2 Routes of SNES Starfox...

Back during my first playthrough of Metroid II, I saved my game as I got hit by something and died. I loaded up the file and died as soon as I showed up on screen. Had to start all over again.

Half Life 1 and 2 do that alot. As does Halo sometimes. Usually they save when you win a fight, but have no health or ammo, thus making the next scene impossable.

I got screwed over on Halo 3 again, same level. This time I got stuck in the floor. Stupid scenry. I had to restart. Did it eventually though.

Getting bombarded a few times in Mario Kart Wii when I was so close to a first place win. I got hit with a shell, then the ba@#$rds stole my win!!

There is a mario kart trick known as 'lead from behind', and is a popular multiplayer trick. The idea is to stay in last, but close to the leaders. This way you get good powers, and don't get blue shelled to bits. Then, in the last half or quater lap, you make a break for first. You screw over whoever's in first, so best not do it with friends/people you like.

First Halo. I went to see the captain for the first time, he gave me a gun and I smacked him with it by accident(new controller scheme lol). Then a group of unkillable marines came in and took me out. I ran for years(okay, maybe not years), shooting them, grenading them and everything. The control room liked like a painting from picasso after I was done with it. ^^;

Guest Julius Quasar

The other day I was at a friend's house, and we played "Air Raid: This Is Not A Drill" on his PC...we were on the last level, about to win, and the whole game froze up on us  :falco: we tried to reboot, and then THE COMPUTER FROZE UP  :P

My PS2, I've played games on it, and they would freeze up right before I beat a really hard level...they didn't give me a chance to save  :falco:

Got screwed over in Pokémon Red today. I was walking around trying to level up my Marowak when out of the blue, a high level Slowpoke wipes out my entire team. I couldn't even hit the thing because all my attacks kept missing. I know these games are pretty glitchy but this was just insulting.

All i have to say is:

"FREAKING TURRETS!"

Portal FtW

Also, Did a Wii game called "heat Seeker" Got clipped by a control tower on top of a battleship i had to take out on one mission.

(Not-Actual fact: Did you know that antennae can take out a F-22?

This weekend I was playing Guitar Hero 3 for the first time in forever. So I tried beating ttfatf (Through the Fire and the Flames) and for the first time ever i got passed the insane beginning. But I used starpower too early and failed. I got to 82%.

anyway back on topic I know the feeling everythings going swell then somebody or something has to ruin it all for ya.

this one time i was playing adventures and finnaly after a third try I  found all the cloud runners children then i walked up to the cage to complete the mission AND I FELL THROUGH THE FLOOR!

I lol'd at Kursed. I need to try Adventures again. I haven't played in years. And i just remembered, I was beating SM64 DS and i had all the stars except one. Well I couldn't find which one so I beat the whole game again and found it later. *facepalm*

• 1 year later...

I was in Fallout 3 Dressed as a Chines commando and i was battling a giant AlbinoRadscorpion. i had General Jingwei's Shocksword and after OVER 9000 sword swipes i killed it in V.A.T.S. mode and a few seconds later... *drum roll* i randomly fell over and died. Apparently, we killed eachother at the same time  O_o  :lol:

Fox McCloud, I'd like to ask you to refrain from dredging old topics and to check the post date before replying. You have done this in a few other topics already.