Non-Music Music

Mr. Krystal

I gave up a long time ago trying to find people I know in real life who can stand my specific musical tastes. I don't have anything against country, rock, pop, etc. I just don't like it very much (there are always exceptions of course). Anyway, aside from my interest in electronica, techno, trance, dance, and just about everything super-hyper fast, there is one genre of music that is even less known/well liked.

I think these songs are of the genre "experimental." Some of them defy classification. Others are just really really weird examples of other genres. Forgive me if my terminology is wrong or inaccurate. I'm mentally deficient with musical theory.

So, here are a few examples, and please tell me what you think of them, like or not, and if you have other examples of weird music. Hopefully the internet crowd likes different things.

My Wolf Eats Preps

Stars Burn Out

Contact

Clark (warning, closeups of bugs, if that bothers you)

Monday (Glitch Mob Remix)

Well, I think I can say it's definatively not my kind of music. Tough I of course can respect that others like it.

Always been Rock of varying degrees of "heavyness" that have been my thing, coupled with some of the really old kings of music such as Cash and Presley in minor doses. There are always exceptions tough, except for Rap, which I have yet to hear a piece of that I didn't find absolutely dreadfull.

I love listening to songs by the Beatles. In addition, if I tune in 80s on 8 on Sirius XM when I'm in my mother's car, I'll listen to whatever's on that station as well.

I gave up a long time ago trying to find people I know in real life who can stand my specific musical tastes. I don't have anything against country, rock, pop, etc. I just don't like it very much (there are always exceptions of course). Anyway, aside from my interest in electronica, techno, trance, dance, and just about everything super-hyper fast, there is one genre of music that is even less known/well liked.

I think these songs are of the genre "experimental." Some of them defy classification. Others are just really really weird examples of other genres. Forgive me if my terminology is wrong or inaccurate. I'm mentally deficient with musical theory.

So, here are a few examples, and please tell me what you think of them, like or not, and if you have other examples of weird music. Hopefully the internet crowd likes different things.

My Wolf Eats Preps

Stars Burn Out

Contact

Clark (warning, closeups of bugs, if that bothers you)

Monday (Glitch Mob Remix)

Not my cup of tea, I'm sad to admit, but I found the song Contact interesting.

I see where you're coming from, people always give me weird looks when I'm listening to video game soundtracks, (which is what my iPod is mainly comprised. 4924 songs, only 235 is from mainstream artists. the rest is games).

When it comes to mainstream music, I don't follow bands or genres, I listen to whatever sounds pleasing to my ear. One minute I could be listening to Hard Rock, next I could be listening to Classical, then Country/Bluegrass, Blues, Jazz, and so on.

The only exception is Rap, I can't stand Rap.

My playlist is mostly game songs. And cartoon theme songs. And real songs too, mostly stuff like Another One Bites the Dust by Queen, Eye in the Sky, Logical Song, The James Bond Theme, and some others.

When it comes to mainstream music, I don't follow bands or genres, I listen to whatever sounds pleasing to my ear. One minute I could be listening to Hard Rock, next I could be listening to Classical, then Country/Bluegrass, Blues, Jazz, and so on.

The only exception is Rap, I can't stand Rap.

same here. I never thought I'd find somebody else who felt that way about music.

[glow=red,2,300]WHAT ARE THESE DELICIOUS SOUNDS BEING FED TO MY EARS!!![/glow] The pictures    beside/ in the video clips creep me out though, although i liked seeing the bugs, the way the centipede walks is cool.

I kept thinking contact ended, but it just keeps going.

I mostly listen to VISUALIZED GAME MUSIC, and by that I mean video game music. I shalt need to download these songs to my ipod.

Speaking of delicious music, just downloaded the metroid prime trilogy ost theres some interesting music.

[glow=red,2,300]WHAT ARE THESE DELICIOUS SOUNDS BEING FED TO MY EARS!!![/glow] The pictures    beside/ in the video clips creep me out though, although i liked seeing the bugs, the way the centipede walks is cool.

I kept thinking contact ended, but it just keeps going.

I mostly listen to VISUALIZED GAME MUSIC, and by that I mean video game music. I shalt need to download these songs to my ipod.

Speaking of delicious music, just downloaded the metroid prime trilogy ost theres some interesting music.

The artists on Vulpvibe like weird art to go with their weird music. Whatever you do, DON'T LOOK AT THE COVER ART FOR "IN VIVO".

Excuse me, but i would just like to say that never in all my 15(almost 16)years have I ever even considered buying any music, and here I go, I just bought music from that web sight:shock:!

Also, whats so scary bout in vivo, I almost clicked it, then i remembered what you said, so I scrolled away.

Excuse me, but i would just like to say that never in all my 15(almost 16)years have I ever even considered buying any music, and here I go, I just bought music from that web sight:shock:!

Also, whats so scary bout in vivo, I almost clicked it, then i remembered what you said, so I scrolled away.

Let me just quote you the inspiration for the album, and then you can imagine what the cover art looks like:

"inspired by the fantasy of allowing one's lover to open them up and caress their insides in an act of romance"

The newest song im listening to out of the 358 songs I have are Narwhals!  :lol:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/484667

Let me just quote you the inspiration for the album, and then you can imagine what the cover art looks like:

"inspired by the fantasy of allowing one's lover to open them up and caress their insides in an act of romance"

I'd rather not picture that... ones you see the word caress, you know it isn't pleasing.

The artists on Vulpvibe like weird art to go with their weird music. Whatever you do, DON'T LOOK AT THE COVER ART FOR "IN VIVO".

Okay, nothing makes me want to look at something more than being told not to. So I looked at In Vivo.................... wow.

Okay, nothing makes me want to look at something more than being told not to. So I looked at In Vivo.................... wow.

I did as well. If I found the correct one, then I don't fint it to be much worse than the bucket load of Iron Maiden covers currently floating around my room.

Best cover art is for Acid Intravenous. So awesome. Anyway I don't think they're known as Vulpvibe anymore. It's either Teknolust or lapfox or something. I unno.

as for the experimental, Mr. K. Do you mean experimental electronica or experimental anything. I can give you a lot of

experimental stuff.

I did as well. If I found the correct one, then I don't fint it to be much worse than the bucket load of Iron Maiden covers currently floating around my room.

I kinda lol'd at it.

Well, I'm very picky about the music I listen too, I either like it or I don't, and I really don't like any of that music lol, but it's just me though so...

Well, I'm very picky about the music

Hehe, may i say me too, but it's that kinda music I like.

as for the experimental, Mr. K. Do you mean experimental electronica or experimental anything. I can give you a lot of

experimental stuff.

Not quite directed at me, but please do share, I would love to have some more music I enjoy listening to.

Hoho, looks like lapfox is doing something more with there sight, says it's under maintenance and will be completely different when it's done.

• 2 weeks later...

So with the new sight up, I went to the sight, and i was all wo it's different, then i was looking at what was on the front page, and there was in vivo, you meant literally caressing the insides, like stroking the ribcage ect. That ain't as bad as i thought. Looked like one of my drawings to tell ya the truth... minus the making love part, I didn't like that:(