• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kursed

• Tiberius

• Asper Sarnoff

• Showtime 1-1

"Not sure ,but we better hurry downtown to 'the hog'"KAri replied.

Odin switched off the engine and listened as the car rumbled into silence. He had switched the number plates with some else he had gotten hold of, so he were assured none of the numerous police patrols in the district would recognise it. He had parked it quite close to the bar. As he had experienced earlier this day, one never knew when one had to leave in a hurry.

He got out and triggered the security system. Once someone even breathed a bit heavy on it, a silent alarm would go off and alert him trough a transmitter in his belt. Then, mercy be on the souls of those who were there when he arrived.

An odd shape in the corner of his eye then caught his attention. It was a fighters wing hanging out from over the top of a building. The shape of it was instantly recogniseable to Odin. It was a Wolfen Mark X, and something about it disturbed him slightly.

A Wolfen was bloody expensive, and strictly off limits to civilians on every planet in the Lylat system. One had to have deep pockets to bribe yourself to a license for one of those, almost as much as the craft itself.

As far as he knew, only Starwolf, which the figther was originally designed for by Andross himself, and a handfull of freelance mercenaries, such as his father, had Wolfens. And none of them where exactly pushovers.

Even how much his gutfeeling warned him to be carefull, he had to talk to with those McCloud kids. He needed a job soon. Something stable which could act as a springboard into the mercenary business for full steam.

He had to be convincing. He were a magnificent pilot, but without a fighter, and only any significant experience in a Wolfen. They could try to convince him all they wanted, but he would never use an Arwing if he flew under their flag. He had tried them once, but even how good a craft it was, it didn't have the same insane thrust and killer instinct as a Wolfen, and the cockpit were awfully cramped in comparison.

Just as he were about to enter "The Hog", the front doors banged open and two people walked out. One was a male cat, and the other was a young female wolf. And absolutely stunning to behold at that, Odin added in his mind. He stepped politely out of their way as they walked past him. He could have sworn he heard the cat whistle "When the saints go marching in" for some reason as they passed by.

He decided to wait outside for when the McCloud kids decided to appear. So he wouldn't have to in all the sigar smoke inside.

Krystal sighed as she looked up into the clear night sky of Cerinia she looked a the star called Lylat, remembering the times she had with Fox in Lylat from the first moment they met on Saruia in Krazoa palace where he stared at her for a few minutes to the  aparoid invasion.... she sighed again  as a tear formed in her eye "I hope I can see you again."She muttered to herself walking into her room from her balcony of the palace.

Guest Julius Quasar

A few seconds of embarressed silence followed before Freya decided that she could just as well start putting Attila trough a real test. "I'd like to see how you fly before I accept you on the team. Do you have your fighter close by?"

(oh shit, I'm sorry I missed this post!)

"Yeah...parked around the corner...you wanna see?  I'll show you." asked Attila.

(oh shit, I'm sorry I missed this post!)

"Yeah...parked around the corner...you wanna see?  I'll show you." asked Attila.

(It's okay. I took a bit of iniative, and our character just left the bar to get to your fighter. You can lead on from here.)

"Not sure ,but we better hurry downtown to 'the hog'"KAri replied.

Tiberius followed them to "The Hog", and waited for Kari to show him the way.

Tiberius followed them to "The Hog", and waited for Kari to show him the way.

Kari  waited outside the Hog looking for Odin.

Guest Julius Quasar

(It's okay. I took a bit of iniative, and our character just left the bar to get to your fighter. You can lead on from here.)

(thanks)

Attila took Freya to the Motel Parking lot, and got into his customized CDF Fighter, which was painted black and red, and had twin lasers, it was like Bill Grey's, but more advanced.

Attila hopped into the cockpit, and said to Freya "Hang on, you're about to see some serious $%*#..." as he took off, piloting in the air a series of amazing, high speed somersaults, barrel rolls, lop-de-loops, and more.

After finishing, he landed flawlessly right in front of Freya, the nose of his ship directly in front of Freya's nose, not hitting or harming her at all.

Attila hopped out of his ship's cockpit.  "Whadd'ya think?" he asked.

Kari  waited outside the Hog looking for Odin.

Out from the shades cast by the sinking sun, the wolf stepped forth. "Good evening." He spoke out. "Follow me to the backroom. Someone could overhear us out here or inside the main barroom.

The group walked trough the bar, several people lifted their heads to get a glance at the new people that had entered. Some of them actaully lifted an arm, their gruff faces broke out into smiles, as they caught sight of Odin.

"I quite often go down here to keep up with the underground gossips, or just to hang out and play poker or snooker with some of  these guys." he informed Tiberius and Kari as he greeted them back.

As they reached the counter, the hog behind opened up a door in it and let them trough to the other side.

"Thank you" Odin said as he threw him a coin. The hog caught it midair and quickly let it slide into his deep pockets.

They passed trough a door in the backwall, which lead them into a cramped room, with two dirty couches and a table between them. Odin dumped into one of them, dust rising up into a small cloud before it sank back down again.

"Please sit down." He said gesturing towards the other couch. After they had sat down, he continued. "As we all know, you're looking to reform Starfox again. That means you'll also need a couple more dependable guys that works well both in the cockpit and on the ground. Now that ain't such as easy task as it used to be after our dear president compulsory enlisted all he could get his claws on.

Lucky for you, I might just be interested. I'm in the game for a team to fly on, and Starfox is just as good as anything else. But before I commit myself, I'd like to hear what you can offer, and decide on some important terms."

He leaned back into the couch and put his hands behind his head as he started to list up his terms. "I'd require the same percentage of our earnings as anyone else on the team, freedom of choice on what fighter to fly, and most importantly, some weight in the decisions we will have to make as we go along.

Also, I'd like to hear what you allready have gotten done, how many other pilots, ships and equipment you've got."

Attila took Freya to the Motel Parking lot, and got into his customized CDF Fighter, which was painted black and red, and had twin lasers, it was like Bill Grey's, but more advanced.

Attila hopped into the cockpit, and said to Freya "Hang on, you're about to see some serious $%*#..." as he took off, piloting in the air a series of amazing, high speed somersaults, barrel rolls, lop-de-loops, and more.

After finishing, he landed flawlessly right in front of Freya, the nose of his ship directly in front of Freya's nose, not hitting or harming her at all.

Attila hopped out of his ship's cockpit.  "Whadd'ya think?" he asked.

"Not to bad!" Freya replied. She had ben worried he might have been just a pushover with a big mouth as long as his feet was planted on the ground, but he was actually not to shabby a pilot.

Sure, there was still room for improvement, she had a lot to learn him. But she could also see that he had a lot to learn her as well. Some of those moves where quite unorthodox to say the least.

She streetched out her right arm, ready to seal the deal. "Welcome to Starwolf Attila."

Alex had stayed outside for this one she leaned against the wall off 'the hog' while she waited for KAri and Tibeirus to finish

"I"ll stand thank you.."Kari muttered eying the dust that had flown from the couch.

Guest Julius Quasar

"Not to bad!" Freya replied. She had been worried he might have been just a pushover with a big mouth as long as his feet was planted on the ground, but he was actually not to shabby a pilot.

Sure, there was still room for improvement, she had a lot to learn him. But she could also see that he had a lot to learn her as well. Some of those moves where quite unorthodox to say the least.

She stretched out her right arm, ready to seal the deal. "Welcome to Starwolf Attila."

Attila shook Freya's hand, he figured this must have sealed the deal.  "Thanks!  Glad to join you." he said.

Attila shook Freya's hand, he figured this must have sealed the deal.  "Thanks!  Glad to join you." he said.

Freya let go of Attilas hand before she broke the silence. "Good. I've got a small carrier in orbit, and I plan to leave for Sargasso space station tomorrow 18-hundred hours. I'll transmit you the coordinates. Don't be late."

And with that, she turned around and walked in the direction of her own fighter.

The evening hadn't given her as many canditates for a spot as she had hoped, but the one she got at least seemed to be resourcefull, intelligent and a good pilot. She decided she would pay a visit to one of Corneria's most prominent crimelords, a toad named Hurka, which she knew owed her dad some favors. She hoped she would be more successfull finding promising pilots there.

(Braux, and any other who is thinking about joining, should try to step in ASAP.)

Guest Julius Quasar

Freya let go of Attilas hand before she broke the silence. "Good. I've got a small carrier in orbit, and I plan to leave for Sargasso space station tomorrow 18-hundred hours. I'll transmit you the coordinates. Don't be late."

And with that, she turned around and walked in the direction of her own fighter.

The evening hadn't given her as many canditates for a spot as she had hoped, but the one she got at least seemed to be resourcefull, intelligent and a good pilot. She decided she would pay a visit to one of Corneria's most prominent crimelords, a toad named Hurka, which she knew owed her dad some favors. She hoped she would be more successfull finding promising pilots there.

(Braux, and any other who is thinking about joining, should try to step in ASAP.)

Attila nodded, went into his motel room, packed his things, and his weapons into his fighter, and he checked out of his motel room.

He hung out at the motel coffee shop, waiting for Frey to transmit the coordinates to him.  (If it's okay with you guys, if Braux or anyone else doesn't join Star Wolf, I might introduce Cliff McCloud as an extra member for Star Wolf.)

Alex had stayed outside for this one she leaned against the wall off 'the hog' while she waited for KAri and Tibeirus to finish

"I"ll stand thank you.."Kari muttered eying the dust that had flown from the couch.

"I'll stand if you stand. Who are we talking to now?" said Tiberius.

(oh shoot. didnt see that)

"Team members get an equal share, with 10 percent going into reserves for team use, meaning a new cruiser. But if you dont work, you get nothing. Fighters are another thing. You can customize all you want except for model of craft and paint job. We will provide members our functional and tested prototypes. As for ground combat, you pay for the gun, we give you ammo. Body armor is at the member's disgretion. Just dont be stupid. We have 3 pilots, a mentor and a flagship.We have10 total top quality fighters that gove above and beyond top military and rival specs. Consider it unbeatable. The Arwing mark V. We already have 10,000,000 credits saved up."

(I'm ninja! Boojah!)

"Sounds good. Except for you supplying the fighters." Odin replied. "I've only logged 10 hours of flight in an Arwing mark IV compared to over 5000 hours in a Wolfen X. It simply doesn't suit my preferences and flying style. Nimble, but lacks the grunt and firepower. I'll gladly get my Wolfen repainted to match team Starfox's colors, but if you want to put me behind the stick of anything else, then you can look for a pilot elsewhere."

"Then you've obviously never been in a mark V. Let's put it this way, if our craft was discovered before, then I would be too, and this is the first time I've left my home to meet strangers. So, don't underestimate what you haven't seen. Because you're about to see some serious shit." said Tiberius. "If you're not satisfied with our prototype, use what you like."

(seriously. This craft was home engineered by the original Starfox team with some help from top engineers. Their memories were wiped afterward and the project was hidden for years due to it's improbability of creation. The tech level was dated 30 years after that current date which was 10 years ago. Probability of surpassing it, 05.5%) 

(guess that movie!)

Odin cocked an eyebrow in response. "Oh really? I'm still not convinced. But sure, I'll give it a try."

He stood up and walked around the table up to the two McCloud kids. "We have a deal then?" He asked as he streetched out his right hand.

(We had a discussion in the polling section on the Wolfen vs Arwing issue. http://forums.starfox-online.net/index.php?topic=5494.0 And we agreed that despite their differences, they stand pretty equal, and it's usually the pilot which makes the difference. We should carry that on to here, and thus make the teams evenly matched.)

"Then you've obviously never been in a mark V. Let's put it this way, if our craft was discovered before, then I would be too, and this is the first time I've left my home to meet strangers. So, don't underestimate what you haven't seen. Because you're about to see some serious shit." said Tiberius. "If you're not satisfied with our prototype, use what you like."

(seriously. This craft was home engineered by the original Starfox team with some help from top engineers. Their memories were wiped afterward and the project was hidden for years due to it's improbability of creation. The tech level was dated 30 years after that current date which was 10 years ago. Probability of surpassing it, 05.5%) 

(guess that movie!)

Kari moved to Ti's ear. "Ya know If we can get mom he could possibly fly a Cerinian Fighter."Kari whispered into Ti's ear.

(Shouldn't we rather stick to the established fighters instead of coming up with a brand new one who is supposedly better than all the rest?)

Guest Julius Quasar

(If Braux doesn't join this by the end of today,

I'm gonna add Cliff McCloud, Todd's oldest son, to Star Wolf, if that's okay)

Name: Cliff McCloud

Height: 6'9"

Species: [Corneria] Red Fox

Home-world:Corneria

Physique: Muscular, Hulking

Attire: Red and black striped shirt with black jeans, and HUGE tanker boots

Weapons: High Quality Compact Laser Pistol, Titanium Butterfly Knife, Rocket Launcher, and Brass Knuckles.

Vessel: A black combat vessel, in the shape of a World War 2 P-38 Fighter Plane, (with jets instead of propellers, obviously) and dual laser cannons, and a 5 capacity Nova Bomb Launcher.  The vessel has 2 tandem seats (pilot and passenger), and a large cargo compartment, equipped for life support/oxygen.  Only Cliff can start up his vessel, dubbed the "Fox's Fist".

Strengths: VERY large and strong, hard to take down.  Can be very sneaky, and clever when he needs to be.  Never passes up any opportunity.

Weaknesses: Dumb, a wise-ass, has a smart mouth, and a cocky attitude.  Falls for the old "Hey, look over there!" trick.  Poor social skills.

Personality: Loud, mean-spirited, stupid.  Always loves to call everyone a "butthead", can never get catchy sayings and puns correct, he said things like "Have a nice trip, see ya' next winter!"  or "Make like a tree and get outta' here!" or "Hasta la bye-bye!".  Hates manure.  Likes to knock on people's heads with his fist as if knocking on a door, and saying "Hello?  Hello!?  Anybody home!?" when he thinks someone doesn't understand what he's saying.

Background: Todd McCloud is the oldest child of Todd McCloud and Lola Foxglove.  He never turned out to be as evil or dangerous as Madame Vulpine originally predicted.  Unfortunately, his personality and "intelligence" did come to existence.  But with his younger siblings to back him up, he can protect them, and the future of Nebulae Fox. 

For certain RP's, He's a bad guy.[/edit]

Theme song: "That Smell" by Lynard Skynard

He shook his hand firmly and looked him in the eye squarely. "Welcome to the team, Odin." he said. "We're moving our base to Fichina when we can. But now, we need to get out of here."

"What about mom and dad Tiberius you promised we'd get them." Kari whined.