Sound Effects for Star Fox games

SB12

Are there any at this site or any other site? I'm working on a project and I want to try and find the Smart Bomb SFX from Star Fox 64. Is there any chance anyone can direct me the right way? Or perhaps show me on STO? Many thanks.

If your looking the sounds without any background noise, you won't find those anywhere. Due to the filestorage methods with SF64's game pak, it hasn't been possible to extract the SFX. Sorry bud.

If your looking the sounds without any background noise, you won't find those anywhere. Due to the filestorage methods with SF64's game pak, it hasn't been possible to extract the SFX. Sorry bud.

Then how did we get the voice acting clips?

Well, if worse comes to worse, I'll use that even with BGM playing. I was just curious because a trip through google, youtube, and various sites and nothing to be found.

@Mr. Foxer: If I'm wrong, you can call me a dork, but I believe the voice-overs were in soundpacks of their own in the game, occuring in timing with the scripts.

Then how did we get the voice acting clips?

In the options menu, you have the ability to turn down the voices, SFX, and music all separately. Mr. Krystal went and turned down the SFX and music and recorded each of the voice clips separately. A long and arduous process I would assume.

In the options menu, you have the ability to turn down the voices, SFX, and music all separately. Mr. Krystal went and turned down the SFX and music and recorded each of the voice clips separately. A long and arduous process I would assume.

You can't do the same to record the smart bomb?

You can't do the same to record the smart bomb?

It would still have the sound effects of enemy fighters, the Arwing's engine, laser fire, crashing, barrel rolls. You get the idea.

If you want the sound of the explosion, you can probably dig it out of SSBB's sound test. It was a similar sound.

Smart Bomb (Unedited):

http://www.filedropper.com/smartbombsf64wn

No noise:

http://www.filedropper.com/smartbombsf64lnfix

We could do it in a matter of days... just let me know when you've figured out how to decode SF64's audio files.

I have seen a sound bank ripper somewhere, don't know if it works though.

It would still have the sound effects of enemy fighters, the Arwing's engine, laser fire, crashing, barrel rolls. You get the idea.

Recorded in Training mode

It doesn't work, I've tried it. SF64 used an experimental audio engine (why it emulates so poorly).

It doesn't work, I've tried it. SF64 used an experimental audio engine (why it emulates so poorly).

Don't say it can't work though. If the 64 can play it, it is possible for a program to be written to decode the audio. Whether or not one will be, is another question entirely.

I never said that.

I've poked at the ROM a little, but I am not an assembly programmer, so my options were limited. I don't know if they were compiled from another language, but if N64 games were written in assembly instead of a higher language, I have much respect for the people who wrote them.

Mr Foxer: Thank you for the file. :) If anything, I'll just use this.

Although, I do remember a certain sequence in SF64 that when you select Corneria on the over-map, a pink-ish explosion appears with the Smart Bomb sound, wiht the other music fading away. Perhaps that can net you something? Just a thought.

Again, thanks!

Mr Foxer: Thank you for the file. :) If anything, I'll just use this.

Although, I do remember a certain sequence in SF64 that when you select Corneria on the over-map, a pink-ish explosion appears with the Smart Bomb sound, wiht the other music fading away. Perhaps that can net you something? Just a thought.

Again, thanks!

Did you say with or without music? This is without:

http://www.filedropper.com/sf64sbem

Guest Julius Quasar

You got that right...

technical-difficulties.jpg

http://krystallovers.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/sf64_Basic_SFX.zip

Here everyone, a small set of SFX from SF64, including lasers and explosions.

@SB12 - "select mission.mp3" is the big explosion sound you mentioned, or there's the actual "bomb fire and explode.mp3" if you prefer.

Nysut Eshoin.

http://krystallovers.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/sf64_Basic_SFX.zip

Here everyone, a small set of SFX from SF64, including lasers and explosions.

@SB12 - "select mission.mp3" is the big explosion sound you mentioned, or there's the actual "bomb fire and explode.mp3" if you prefer.

Nysut Eshoin.

Very nice. :) These will certainly do! Thank you so much for the time to do this!

• 7 years later...