Your all time favorite movie.

Vy'drach

What is your all time favorite movie, and please go into a bit of detail as to why its your favorite.

Mine is Predator, and I don't like it due to the gratuitous gore, that wasn't a mark against it, but there are many gory movies that didn't arouse my interest, what I liked about the Predator movie was the creature, the Yautja, I want its' gear, the active camouflage, the wristblades, the plasmacaster, all of it, it is one of my longest and most vivid daydream fantasies, up there with joining the Star Fox team, a civilization that has or likely could design a weapon that could annihilate the solar system, and due to a code of ethics and honor, uses weapons that while still more sophisticated than what we have, are at the same time more primitive, barbed blades, highly concentrated energy bolt that gives the position away if the target is capable enough to avoid it, all for the thrill of the hunt, the more challenging the prey the hunter takes, the higher his status rises in his civilization. Something about that just gets me for some reason. Also, it doesn't hurt that I was 5 when I first saw Predator, and was hooked since.

2001: A Space Odyssey. Easily. It's just such an inexplicably epic movie. It makes me laugh, gives me the shivers and amazes me every time I watch it.

Terminator 2. Absolutely fantastic movie. Strikes a nice line between deep and complex plot, and no-brains action.

Naturally, there are other movies I really like as well, but few that are as little flawed in any way as this.

Gotta agree with that, had a good story and good amounts of people getting shot

Guest Julius Quasar

Eh, I dunno..

Coraline.

The book was okay, but the movie was excellent.  I like the stop motion animation, the dark backdrop, and the whole "escaping to a better world, only to find out it's evil or has a nasty catch to it" theme, like in that movie Little Monsters", also a good movie. 

Terminator 2. Absolutely fantastic movie. Strikes a nice line between deep and complex plot, and no-brains action.

Naturally, there are other movies I really like as well, but few that are as little flawed in any way as this.

Terminator 1 and 2 were really good, I didn't care of the third movie though.

Sin City

Clever Plot, great action and camera work. Fantastic atmosphere. The noir style and the glowing white blood. It's violent, but smart.

Incredibles

Everything about this film is spot on. It's well paced, good action, good animation, it also capitalises on it's theme well. I haven't watched it in a while, but whenever I do I always fall in love again.

District 9

While it does things I normally hate and has a slow first half, the second half turns everything up to 11. The way it makes an intellegent action film (much like terminator 2) and shuns the cleches. There is no big name tallent which makes wikus seem like wikus, and not actor x. The inclusion of characters who aren't tommy testosterone underpant models fighting for the freedom of the god blessed U S of A jingoism bollocks is also great. The aliens stop over africa, and are refugees. It's the film version of UFO (the game) in that it paints a very real version of alien visitation.

Jurassic Park

I was like 7 years old, and yet, I loved it. Everything, the story, the idea, the effects.

I know that today it is more or less a cliché. But at those times it was fantastic.

We at school, even believed it would be possible to find a "Dinosaur Island"...

Well, we were kids then...

Dragonheart

A good story, with good effects. I simply loved it. The plot is interesting, and althrough the ending is a sad one, I still like it. One of my phantasies, besides finding the Dinosaur Island, was finding a Dragon...

Comedy: Monsters V.S. Aliens

Yes I know, it's a child animation but it made me laugh so hard when I was a few years younger and remains my top comedy movie.

Action: Batman: The Dark Knight

Best Action Movie Ever. Period.

Miscellaneous: Oceans 11 (or Oceans 13)

It was really cool how everything was planned out from the start.

lol, Jurassic Park is the reason for one of my biggest scares, we lived at Fort Knox, Kentucky (I was born in the army hospital, actually), and my dad would take his guys out to the Bradley M3 ranges and fire the guns, and it sounded just like the T-rex walking, would even shake the water in my fish tank, scared the crap outta me, especially since I was on the 2nd floor, about right for a T-rex.

lol, Jurassic Park is the reason for one of my biggest scares, we lived at Fort Knox, Kentucky (I was born in the army hospital, actually), and my dad would take his guys out to the Bradley M3 ranges and fire the guns, and it sounded just like the T-rex walking, would even shake the water in my fish tank, scared the crap outta me, especially since I was on the 2nd floor, about right for a T-rex.

I assume you have seen JP 2?

Of course, but I don't think that was out yet when that situation happened.

Of course, but I don't think that was out yet when that situation happened.

...Allright. In whatever the case, just remember not to go to San Diego and you will be fine  :wink:.

The Marine base out there?

Remember that the ship just crashed in the dock and, shortly after the hatch opened, the Dino went loose. If the marines can beat it, fine. But if they can not, everybody there is fast food.

Dinosaurs running amuck in a city wouldn't get very far, enough people with guns to take them down, not counting police and military (assuming they can even hit the thing).

Jurassic Park

I was like 7 years old, and yet, I loved it. Everything, the story, the idea, the effects.

I know that today it is more or less a cliché. But at those times it was fantastic.

We at school, even believed it would be possible to find a "Dinosaur Island"...

Well, we were kids then...

Dragonheart

A good story, with good effects. I simply loved it. The plot is interesting, and althrough the ending is a sad one, I still like it. One of my phantasies, besides finding the Dinosaur Island, was finding a Dragon...

Second those. I was probably the worlds biggest dinosaur/dragon nut when I was younger, and those movies were among my favorites.

• 1 month later...

tough question. i would have to say it's a tie between Harold and Kumar go to white castle and the first X-Files movie Revalations.

It would have to be Smokey and the Bandit, hands down, though a lot come close, American Graffiti and Two Lane Blacktop come to mind, Oh, and the original Vanishing Point (avoid the horrrrrrible FOX remake at all costs)