People that hack leaderboards.

Vy'drach

I was just looking at the leaderboards for XP as Predator in PS3, and I kid you not, the first 1421 people, hacked the leaderboards for that spot, they have like 173837503871384879325792375597213 XP, and of course, don't have the achievements for earning 1600 and 18060 XP, after about 4 games, I am ranked, officially, 4724, but actually, disqualifying the hackers, makes it 3302. It annoys me that the top, legit player on there, is ranked 1422. What is the point of hacking the leaderboards? Its obvious when you see it that its not legit, but people do it all the same, do they think it impresses people? It amazes me, I'll say that, it amazes me that people are that desperate for attention and an artificial ego, an e-peen as it were. That just amazes me though that people are that desperate, look at just about any game with leaderboard options too, ridiculously obvious hacks. I just want to know, does anyone understand this need to do that. Sorry for my little rant, it just amazed me how many people hacked this game that has been out for 4 days.

I completely agree with you. People who do it should get banned from the PSN forever. They spoil it for everyone else. There's absolutely no point in what they are doing. Why hasn't this already been noticed? It's impossible to get all that XP in a matter of a few days. :(

Guest Julius Quasar

I completely agree with you. People who do it should get banned from the PSN forever. They spoil it for everyone else. There's absolutely no point in what they are doing. Why hasn't this already been noticed? It's impossible to get all that XP in a matter of a few days. :(

^ Agreed!

(It's good to see you again, Stacey!)

I was just looking at the leaderboards for XP as Predator in PS3, and I kid you not, the first 1421 people, hacked the leaderboards for that spot, they have like 173837503871384879325792375597213 XP, and of course, don't have the achievements for earning 1600 and 18060 XP, after about 4 games, I am ranked, officially, 4724, but actually, disqualifying the hackers, makes it 3302. It annoys me that the top, legit player on there, is ranked 1422. What is the point of hacking the leaderboards? Its obvious when you see it that its not legit, but people do it all the same, do they think it impresses people? It amazes me, I'll say that, it amazes me that people are that desperate for attention and an artificial ego, an e-peen as it were. That just amazes me though that people are that desperate, look at just about any game with leaderboard options too, ridiculously obvious hacks. I just want to know, does anyone understand this need to do that. Sorry for my little rant, it just amazed me how many people hacked this game that has been out for 4 days.

what's the point of hacking anyway?

what's the point of hacking anyway?

Demonstrating "strenght". That you can do something many others can't, and thus are "superior" to them. Many hackers think like that.

Demonstrating "strenght". That you can do something many others can't, and thus are "superior" to them. Many hackers think like that.

some strength when you have to actually 'change' something in the original program to do it. more like....weakness.

Hackers are dishonourable scum that should be bought to justice...

It is not easy to do it, though.

Well, at least you can allways ban them..

Erm, no.

On a related note, why does it matter? I think leader board are pointless anyway, especially if they are being hacked.

Erm, no.

On a related note, why does it matter? I think leader board are pointless anyway, especially if they are being hacked.

Yeah, I sort of agree.

Being last on a leaderboard or being first on a leaderboard doesn't change the skill, style and way you play. Sure, it's unfair but really, it's just a board where you get you name posted up.

Hackers are dishonourable scum that should be bought to justice...

It is not easy to do it, though.

Well, at least you can allways ban them..

I was refering to the hacker scum out there, not the leaderboards.

Hackers can do pretty much harm. In fact, those people are among the same kind that create computer viruses, trojans... etc. If they hack a leaderboard, it is bad for it´s players, not for me, so I do not care. What I meant was that I hate them, as well as hacking.

I was refering to the hacker scum out there, not the leaderboards.

Hackers can do pretty much harm. In fact, those people are among the same kind that create computer viruses, trojans... etc. If they hack a leaderboard, it is bad for it´s players, not for me, so I do not care. What I meant was that I hate them, as well as hacking.

Hackers aren't evil. Often what they do breaks the law, but that's more of a restrictive law issue. 4eg. No CD keys. I have alot of games, so a cracked exes are great for me.

If you mean hackers in a specific sence of security busting to do harm, then again, that's really more of indervidual issue. Like guns. "It's the mutt behind the butt" as the old saying goes. You can use a gun to rob a place, or fight off invaders. That doesn't make guns evil, just the people who use them.

And what about the man who used a gun to shoot someone? I speak of that kind of guy.

I repeat myself, the ones who create viruses or trojans, or worms, or whatever you call them. Some hackers hack because they want to "understand" or "learn" some thing. Or that is what I read from a site who encouraged such thing. Fine, it that is the case.

But why then screw up a website? Delete the server files, ect.? Why do it?.

That is the kind I reffer to, sorry if I used a poor selection of words.

I meant the kind who actually damages stuff, steals your credit card´s number, ect.

Being an arcade rat, I love leader boards so it pains me to see people who cheated all the way at the top, while the real players who hauled ass for their score/time have to suffer for it.

• Owner/Technical Admin

absurd leaderboard high score can be done by use of exploiting  a glitch.

I don't mean to imply that all hackers are bad, or that its only people who get their name on the leaderboards with hacking, it was just a rant about people who illegitimately got their name on the list, whether its by hack, glitch, bribe, or any other form of exploit.