Super Mario Galaxy 2

Guest Starguy24

Guest Starguy24

Well, I reserved my copy weeks ago. The release date is set for May 23rd. Who else is excited for it?

If it's better than the first then it'll be the best game ever.  :D

Guest FoXXX

Well, I reserved my copy weeks ago. The release date is set for May 23rd. Who else is excited for it?

If it's better than the first then it'll be the best game ever.  :D

May 23rd is when Lost is going to end :(

Anyways, I might get SMG2, I haven't finished the first one yet.

Guest Starguy24

May 23rd is when Lost is going to end :(

Anyways, I might get SMG2, I haven't finished the first one yet.

What do you think of the first one? From 1-10 what would you rate it?

Guest FoXXX

What do you think of the first one? From 1-10 what would you rate it?

It's been around a year since I've played it, I stopped because I didn't really like it, I'm probably going to start playing it again, I might like it then :)

Guest Starguy24

It's been around a year since I've played it, I stopped because I didn't really like it, I'm probably going to start playing it again, I might like it then :)

That's coo'

• 2 months later...
Guest Starguy24

I guess I should just bump this one, Super Mario Galaxy 2 comes out in a little over 2 weeks!

Here's some new gameplay footage:

I personally think it looks absolutely amazing. The graphics seem to have gotten even better, Yoshi's in it, sure. But one thing I noticed is that the levels seem to be much larger, a lot closer to how SM64 was back in the day. They seem like the type of stages that are so huge they make you feel tiny, and involve a lot of exploring to find what you need. I like that, and I hope the game is really like that.

As far as difficulty, it does look more challenging from what little footage I've seen. More obstacles, more platforming skills will be needed, etc. In contrast to SMG, which was for the most fairly easy, and a game I easily got the hang of.

I've said this before and I'll say it here: anything less than a stellar game will be dissapointing. 'Good' isn't enough, it needs to be spectacular.

OMG!!  This game looks so awesome!  I loved the first one and this one looks like it will be even better.