Super Smash Bros. 64

EazyIN

God I loved that game I still can't put it down (I have an N64) characters in it for those who don't have it

Mario

Luigi

Link

Fox

Pikachu

JigglyPuff

Ness

Captain Falcon

Samus

Yoshi

Kirby

(I probably left out one)

But, by far it's my  best N64 game I have along side Mario Kart 64 and Mario party 3 and the first Paper Mario

It is one of the best games that the N64 had to offer, along with Star Fox  :lol:.

The idea was not, according to some, "very original": Gather a bunch of characters from a same company togheter (That, after all, was done lots of time by comic books).

But gameplay was completely original, and everything fitted it very well.

All characters had their "own" stage, special powers, ect.,

and the "more-you-hit-easier-to-kick-out" system was just as new.

Good that it still remains, eh?

Although for some reasons I have 2 copies of the game. I think my parents got me another and must've forgot I had one when the F5 tornado hit here in 99'  :?

I still remember the commercial for that game, loved that commercial.

Glad my N64 still works, knock on wood. Those older systems do not die since the companies didn't start making em cheaper so they would need to be replaced.

Glad my N64 still works, knock on wood. Those older systems do not die since the companies didn't start making em cheaper so they would need to be replaced.

I showed my friend that and he wouldn't stop ROFLing...

Those were the good old days.

It didn't have alot of charcters like in melee and brawl. In fact it was practicaly 1 character from a game series. Only game with more than one series was Mario who had Luigi. (Yoshi had his own game) Although I kinda wanted to see Falco on that game. Heck, I'd like to see Krystal in a future SSB(title here).

I find it very odd that the first smash brothers game did not have Bowser in it.

Yeah I found that odd too, they were going to add a few more characters but something went wrong.

It didn't have alot of charcters like in melee and brawl. In fact it was practicaly 1 character from a game series. Only game with more than one series was Mario who had Luigi. (Yoshi had his own game) Although I kinda wanted to see Falco on that game. Heck, I'd like to see Krystal in a future SSB(title here).

Actually, you are right, at the time there were not too

many characters to add to the game,

PLUS the game was introducing a new combat system...

It had yet to be proven if it worked or no.

(But fortunately, it did, so today the SSB series is a hit :yes:)

This was actually the last Smash Bros game I bought, first Melee, then Brawl. I still love it, and of course, my best character to use is Fox, then Link.

Just so I could have it, I also downloaded it for VC.

First Smash game that I got; and also - One thing they should have kept in ALL the games, and not just Smash Bros. 64 exclusive:

the Mushroom Kingdom stage.  being able to go down those two pipes in a shortcut/whack the weasel fashion for plain pissing off your opponents was just hilarious. plus I liked the twist where you would occasionally come out of the pipe in the only gap in the stage floor.

First Smash gfame that I got; and also - One thing they should have kept in ALL the games, and not just Smash Bros. 64 exclusive:

the Mushroom Kingdom stage.  being able to go down those two pipes in a shortcut/whack the weasel fashion for plain pissing off your opponents was just hilarious. plus I liked the twist where you would occasionally come out of the pipe in the only gap in the stage floor.

Man, that was EPIC... :lol:.

I remember coming out of that pipe many times;

using Mario´s double jump I avoided falling down,

but heck.... The simple fact of randomly coming out

from it was really funny.

Man, that was EPIC... :lol:.

I remember coming out of that pipe many times;

using Mario´s double jump I avoided falling down,

but heck.... The simple fact of randomly coming out

from it was really funny.

And it was even funnier when you couldn't wall jump and if you had fox you used his Up B attack in the wrong direction  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Just got it on the virtual console. Its still pretty good. Don't know how to unlock Ness though. Can't use internet because its taking me to some non-relative links.