How long do you think you're consoles will last?

CrypticQuery

Are gaming consoles made as sturdy as they used to be?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are gaming consoles made as sturdy as they used to be?

• Yes
    • No

As we all may know, some video game consoles have passed the test of time, and still work almost perfectly (with the right care) today.  From the earliest pong console, all the way up to this current generation, how long do you think your consoles/computers will last? Also, how often do they fail/need repairs?

My NES is still kicking, although it needs some coaxing at times.  I'm pretty sure it will last for much longer

the Genesis works 100% of the time, never has failed.  I also think it will have a good run

PS1 still works pretty nicely, I'm sure that it will work at least ten years from now

Dreamcast going strong, it will DEFINITELY work for quite some time

The Gamecube also works great, and I think it will also stay alive for awhile.

My PS2 is doing ok, but it's been having some trouble with the disc drive opening

My PS3 has already went in for repairs, not sure how long it'll last.

Original Gameboy also work flawlessly, I'm positive that it will go on for a good amount of time

PSP & DS Lite work fine, I guess they will have an average lifespan

That's all the consoles that I've owned that come to my memory as of this moment, so share your things too!  :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, my Wii is doing great

my n64 still worked after years of just collecting dust

my wii well im not so sure cause it feel over a few times but i still works perfectly.

Guest FoXXX

My N64 has survived the test of time, and my computer has survived even though it has been ripped apart many times and me playing my Quakelive :)

My gameboy micros still okay and my n64's running nicely but my Wii has failed me quite afew times.

I live in constant fear that my Xbox 3Shitty will explode. I expect to be able to throw my PS3 into a wall and have it mock my futile attempts at harming it. my Wii is chugging along pretty good as well, and my older systems are all pretty good, though I can't tell if my Dreamcast is broken, or just not reading Sonic Adventures.

Guest FoXXX

I live in constant fear that my Xbox 3Shitty will explode. I expect to be able to throw my PS3 into a wall and have it mock my futile attempts at harming it. my Wii is chugging along pretty good as well, and my older systems are all pretty good, though I can't tell if my Dreamcast is broken, or just not reading Sonic Adventures.

My dad has gone through 3 Xbox 360's :S

I'm fortunate in that my original one has been working for a few years, knock on wood.

My vote is a half and half. My GC is in great condition. My handheld games...a few are fine, but a majority is not. My DS is losing its L button, the touch screen is too easily scratched (even with a screen protector) and I somehow have gotten scratches on the cover of the DS. My Gameboy advance loses battery charge. My Gameboy Colour is fine. My Gameboy Pocket is fine.

I haven't had many consoles all in all.

My N64 has got its single controller broken beyond repair. It also broke sveral years ago while I still used it. My GBA (transparent pink :lol: only color they had it in the place i bought it.) works pretty well. The screen have a few scratches in it, but nothing serious.

The GC has been completely flawless, tough the controlles is showing signs of wear. It becomes quite evident when playing games such as SSBM.

The Wii works perfectly, it would have been strange if it didn't since it's so new.

I have a NES, a gameboy, a gameboy color, a gamecube, PS1, and a DS. All of them are working well up to this date. I say a console's life depends on how you take care of it, how you treat it, what is the temperature when you play, and how long you play. Also, how many times you turn it on and off again when switching between games affects a console's (battery) life too (if it's battery-powered, such as PSPes and DSes.)

HEhe I've had a xbox360 for years and it has not exploded buy a fan if your that worried about it I'm more worried about my computer exploding than the 360.  There is nothing to explode in the 360 the reason those laptops exploded is because they had a  battery which could explode the 360 does not have a battery that can explode as a matter of fact I don't think anythign in  it can explode  with a large enough radius to hurt anything.

Although i do think some consoles (like the wii) aren't made as sturdy as they use to be it just seems so flimsy being so small  oh by the way for you 360 users:

DO NOT STAND OR SET DOWN THE CONSOLE WHILE THERE IS A GAME IN IT  IT WILL RUIN THE DISC: A Problem with the 360 easily fixable if you just don't touch it.

Guest FoXXX

HEhe I've had a xbox360 for years and it has not exploded buy a fan if your that worried about it I'm more worried about my computer exploding than the 360.

Although i do think some consoles (like the wii) aren't made as sturdy as they use to be it just seems so flimsy being so small  oh by the way for you 360 users:

DO NOT STAND OR SET DOWN THE CONSOLE WHILE THERE IS A GAME IN IT  IT WILL RUIN THE DISC: A Problem with the 360

vatdt.jpg

I was exaggerating a bit, but the 3Shittys do have a high failure rate due to poor manufacturing. And a lot of times the fans you install on them, since they are 3rd party accessories, can actually cause more damage than good to them, I forgot what they did though.

Guest Julius Quasar

My gameboy micros still okay and my n64's running nicely but my Wii has failed me quite afew times.

sorry to hear that

I live in constant fear that my Xbox 3Shitty will explode.

:lolhyst: "XBox 3Shitty"!

Nice one!

HEhe I've had a xbox360 for years and it has not exploded buy a fan if your that worried about it I'm more worried about my computer exploding than the 360.  There is nothing to explode in the 360 the reason those laptops exploded is because they had a  battery which could explode the 360 does not have a battery that can explode as a matter of fact I don't think anythign in  it can explode  with a large enough radius to hurt anything.

DO NOT STAND OR SET DOWN THE CONSOLE WHILE THERE IS A GAME IN IT  IT WILL RUIN THE DISC: A Problem with the 360 easily fixable if you just don't touch it.

Thanks for the warning Kursed, even though I don't own an XBox 360, that's still good to know

Guest FoXXX

I was exaggerating a bit, but the 3Shittys do have a high failure rate due to poor manufacturing. And a lot of times the fans you install on them, since they are 3rd party accessories, can actually cause more damage than good to them, I forgot what they did though.

Also, Microsoft

Also, Microsoft

As much as Microsoft is a money grubbing company their stuff is legit.

i seem to be the only one in the world with a stable Xbox 3shitty, lasted me since it first came out :shock:

i seem to be the only one in the world with a stable Xbox 3shitty, lasted me since it first came out :shock:

:shock: I would run, it's inevitable that that thing is going to blow up LAST FOREVER!!  :collapse:

:shock: I would run, it's inevitable that that thing is going to blow up LAST FOREVER!!  :collapse:

I can see its starting to shake... :lol: RUN OR hide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!