Online multi-player bullying.

Guest Julius Quasar

Yeah, this time he gots the wrong idea, but if you just replace what he is saying with something a little less... something, a lot of the time, it makes sense.

Bam so many posts flow by before I say one simple thing...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrypticQuery

• Vy'drach

• ThePointingMan

• X-Gamer

Guest Julius Quasar

You meaning everyone in general

case closed.

Oh, wait, just saw this post...so, you were NOT insulting me, specifically?

Guest Julius Quasar

No I wasn't, it wasn't meant to be an insult either.

Oh my God, I'm so sorry!  And I'm sorry for what I said to you via PM!  I'll edit or delete my past posts, I'm VERY sorry! :banghead:

And how exactly would you argue back the mature way when someone clearly says immature things like, "You Hacker!" When you aren't? Trust me. I've tried multiple, thousands and millions of times to simply state it logically and in a mature manner. It doesn't work. The only way to get a real fact into a immature head is usually through an immature manner, so they can understand.

I've run in to people like that quite often. I find that keeping a level head and not over-using simple insults leads to a more enjoyable time. It won't necessarily get them off your back, but it gets under their skin that they are not getting under yours.

And as for being called a hacker, that was me in Black Hawk Down. Very rarely a day went by that I wasn't called one. My favourite accusation was when a guy and I came to the same corner (he came around it first), and he started firing an M240 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M240) at me, which is a 7.62x51 round, which in BHD, was a one hit kill. Luckily he didn't know how to shoot it very well, and I was able to hit control, which brings up my M203 grenade launcher, and I fired it at him, which killed him. He then started ranting about me hacking, since I was waiting for him to come around the corner. I then pointed out that he opened fire at me first, and would have killed me if he could shoot. He then started raging for about ten minutes, then left the game. Many a good laugh has been had at that situation and his expense. (Best part of it was when his clan mate started defending me, which pissed him off on a whole new level)

Mr. Foxer, you have yet to answer my question. I'm interested in how to solve this problem of online bullying in a mature way. If you have a solution, which I think you do  :lol:, how would you deal with them? It is sometimes hard to ignore people, even if they are being immature. Although a good way to stop someone from annoying you is to ignore it, I think it is different when it comes to bullying like put-downs, insults and such. A good way to stop bullying is to take a stand for yourself, right?

EDIT: I just read Vydrach's post, so I guess I somewhat got the solution. Thanks Vydrach.

I've run in to people like that quite often. I find that keeping a level head and not over-using simple insults leads to a more enjoyable time. It won't necessarily get them off your back, but it gets under their skin that they are not getting under yours.

And as for being called a hacker, that was me in Black Hawk Down. Very rarely a day went by that I wasn't called one. My favourite accusation was when a guy and I came to the same corner (he came around it first), and he started firing an M240 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M240) at me, which is a 7.62x51 round, which in BHD, was a one hit kill. Luckily he didn't know how to shoot it very well, and I was able to hit control, which brings up my M203 grenade launcher, and I fired it at him, which killed him. He then started ranting about me hacking, since I was waiting for him to come around the corner. I then pointed out that he opened fire at me first, and would have killed me if he could shoot. He then started raging for about ten minutes, then left the game. Many a good laugh has been had at that situation and his expense. (Best part of it was when his clan mate started defending me, which pissed him off on a whole new level)

:lolhyst: I love trolls like that :D It makes my day brighter

Guest Julius Quasar

One time, a friend of mine from the East Coast emailed me, telling me when he was playing an online multi player game with others, they were all arguing and cussing, and when my friend accidentally made his grenade bounce back when he threw it, it almost killed him and his squad, and one of the guys in his squad said to my friend "You ****ing idiot!" and my friend recognized the guys voice, and he said "Mayor [X], is that you?!?" and that player gasped, said "Oh s***!" real quietly, and then logged off immediately! :lolhyst:

Imagine that!  The mayor of your town, swearing at you online in a video game! xD

One time, a friend of mine from the East Coast emailed me, telling me when he was playing an online multi player game with others, they were all arguing and cussing, and when my friend accidentally made his grenade bounce back when he threw it, it almost killed him and his squad, and one of the guys in his squad said to my friend "You ****ing idiot!" and my friend recognized the guys voice, and he said "Mayor [X], is that you?!?" and that player gasped, said "Oh s***!" real quietly, and then logged off immediately! :lolhyst:

Imagine that!  The mayor of your town, swearing at you online in a video game! xD

Ha. That goes to show people are not always what they seem to be. Especially politicians. 

That is HILARIOUS!!! :lolhyst:  I'd love something like that to happen to me! :D

Guest Julius Quasar

Ha ha! Yeah!  My friend had done some volunteer work for city hall, and he had met the mayor 3 years ago.  That's how he recognized him.  Also, my friend knows the mayor's son, and that his son likes to play video games...I guess the mayor borrowed his son's XBox for the weekend that day. :lol:

Only a picture can describe it.

holyshitthisisawesome.jpg

That works, Crazyfoo.

Guest Julius Quasar

And to think, in my day, it was arguing and fighting in the arcade that was a problem, although we remembered 2 major rules of arcade etiquette

-A guy who is about 8 feet tall, and carries six feet of chain, has the right to cut in line ahead of you.

-NEVER laugh at someone else's score...unless that person is a lot smaller than you :P

And to think, in my day, it was arguing and fighting in the arcade that was a problem, although we remembered 2 major rules of arcade etiquette

-A guy who is about 8 feet tall, and carries six feet of chain, has the right to cut in line ahead of you.

-NEVER laugh at someone else's score...unless that person is a lot smaller than you :P

You also avoided the internet rule

internetdickwadsmall.jpg

because you didn't have the anonymity.

Guest FoXXX

I just got banned for spamming Quake Live IRC, going to have to change my IP in order to play again, I gotta stop getting in trouble xD

Guest Julius Quasar

You also avoided the internet rule

internetdickwadsmall.jpg

because you didn't have the anonymity.

Yup!

There was this one dude who kept trying to boss us all around, this know-it-all, and my squadmates all turned and shot him dead at the same time.  :lol:

Yup!

There was this one dude who kept trying to boss us all around, this know-it-all, and my squadmates all turned and shot him dead at the same time.  :lol:

I always love games that don't have an option to turn friendly fire off :D

Yup!

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/community/comics/gallery.html#114

Unfortunately, I've been on both sides of that situation in that game, though less stupidly than him.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Julius Quasar

Sorry for the dredge, but I got a weird thing to mention here...the other day, when I and a friend were on his Xbox, we used his voicespeak, and we were playing against these other people, and in the game and on the voicespeak this dude appeared, and he gave off this creepy laugh like none other.  He started killing EVERYONE off, but when my friend and I were the last ones left besides him, we tried to kill him off, but only wounded him.  But when he had us on the run, I'll never forget that laugh....spooky!  O_o

He cornered my friend, and killed him, and then him and I had a standoff in the street...he never spoke to anyone the whole time, just that...laugh...*shudders*  It was awesome, but creepy at the same time.  I wish I coulda recorded it.  Oh, by the way, he kicked my ass as well.  :lol:

I wonder who that dude was?  :shock:

Sorry for the dredge, but I got a weird thing to mention here...the other day, when I and a friend were on his Xbox, we used his voicespeak, and we were playing against these other people, and in the game and on the voicespeak this dude appeared, and he gave off this creepy laugh like none other.  He started killing EVERYONE off, but when my friend and I were the last ones left besides him, we tried to kill him off, but only wounded him.  But when he had us on the run, I'll never forget that laugh....spooky!  O_o

He cornered my friend, and killed him, and then him and I had a standoff in the street...he never spoke to anyone the whole time, just that...laugh...*shudders*  It was awesome, but creepy at the same time.  I wish I coulda recorded it.  Oh, by the way, he kicked my ass as well.  :lol:

SHIT! JULIUS!! LOOK BEHIND Y-- *splatter* *INSERT EVIL LAUGH HERE*

Seriously though, that is pretty crazy! :shock:

Guest FoXXX

It might have been the Devil!! :trollface: