Anyone gonna buy Metroid other M?

Matt Macdowel

anyone gonna buy it!  

11 members have voted

1. 1. anyone gonna buy it!

• Yes
    • no
    • undecided

so anyone gonna buy the best nintendo fransich and one of the best games in the world METROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure as yet, I doubt I'm going to buy anything new for the Wii, because of Playstation Move, and the lack of a new Starfox game

Not sure as yet, I doubt I'm going to buy anything new for the Wii, because of Playstation Move, and the lack of a new Starfox game

curse you sony stealing everything from nintendo.

i am getting this game becauseĀ  i LOVE METROID!

Much like Zelda, I only like the 'good ones'. I liked Prime, and Zero was ok, but the rest were arse and chips. To much backtracking for my tastes.

For me though, the best game of that type is Shadow Complex. Polatics aside it's a bloody good game. I also fancy the DS castlevanias too, but never played them.

I hope they would make a Metroid that features a male under that orange armor. (but Samus will still be there, of course.)

I hope they would make a Metroid that features a male under that orange armor. (but Samus will still be there, of course.)

Why does it matter?

Because I find it a little strange for male players controlling a female character, something like that...

Interesting. I have to say that I have had issues with famanist and racist types that accuse games of being evil when game x y or z doesn't have the option for a black guy, or to play as a lady, or the woman has fewer lines then the male characters and so on.

I'm wondering. What's your opinion on playing none human characters like spyro, sonic or space aliens?

Interesting. I have to say that I have had issues with famanist and racist types that accuse games of being evil when game x y or z doesn't have the option for a black guy, or to play as a lady, or the woman has fewer lines then the male characters and so on.

I'm wondering. What's your opinion on playing none human characters like spyro, sonic or space aliens?

It was just ok for me, as long as they feel my 'taste' for characters. And by taste I mean the following:

1. Male character

2. Interesting history or background

3. Someone that I can learn a 'moral lesson' from

4. I could play as a girl character, as long as playing as them is part of the game story. If in freeplay and battle, I don't play as girls as much, unless very needed (i.e. the girl character is the best for the situation.)

Guest Julius Quasar

I hope she's wearing her "zero suit" outfit! :P *drools*

Absolutely. This is THE game that I'm totally hyped about right now. I'm definitely preordering this so that I can get my hands on it as soon as possible. Too bad the original US release date (June 27th) has been scrapped and changed to August 31st. Who knows when Europe will be seeing it. I was hoping it'd be out here by summer so that my boyfriend and I could play it. Too bad there had to be date modifications...

As for making a Metroid game with a male as the protagonist, well, that wouldn't really be Metroid now, would it? Metroid was one of the first video games that introduced a female as the main character who is playable throughout the whole game. And her background is integrated into the story too much to change the main character. It'd basically be a whole new game.

As for the question of playing as Zero Suit Samus, I think you can in some parts. I'm not too sure but I think I recall reading that somewhere. If I can find the page that I found it on then I'll post the link here especially for you, Julius. ;P

Absolutely. This is THE game that I'm totally hyped about right now. I'm definitely preordering this so that I can get my hands on it as soon as possible. Too bad the original US release date (June 27th) has been scrapped and changed to August 31st. Who knows when Europe will be seeing it. I was hoping it'd be out here by summer so that my boyfriend and I could play it. Too bad there had to be date modifications...

It got pushed back? Well shoot, that's really disappointing because I REALLY want this game! This reminds me how when Metroid Prime 3 kept on getting pushed back, I couldn't tell you how annoyed I was, and I remember that got pushed to an August release date as well. lol

Anyway, I will definitely get this game when it comes out, when it was revealed at E3 last year, I about wet myself with excitement. I absolutely love Metroid just behind Star Fox. Besides, the later release date gives me more time to save up some money for the game, and it gives me more time to enjoy Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I hope she's wearing her "zero suit" outfit! :P *drools*

I hope she would wear the zero suit outfit too (but I won't drool, just stare), because the only game I found her in the zero suit outfit was in Super smash Bros. Brawl, but it looked good on her.

I hope she would wear the zero suit outfit too (but I won't drool, just stare), because the only game I found her in the zero suit outfit was in Super smash Bros. Brawl, but it looked good on her.

It first appeared in Metroid Zero. One level her suit is stolen and she has to crawl about in her space undies.

Guest Julius Quasar

It first appeared in Metroid Zero. One level her suit is stolen and she has to crawl about in her space undies.

Wow, sounds awesome! :P *drools*