Classic Controller Pro

Chrono Reaper

So yeah, if you havent heard Nintendo has released the Classic controller Pro for the Nintendo Wii in america a month or so ago. Its the successor of the godawful design of the original classic controller of the SNES redux and added grip handles at the end and relocated the secondary Z1 and Z2 Shoulder buttons down below the L and R buttons.

Some of you might think its a waste of money, but I gave it a try anyways, immediately played some Star Fox 64 and I must say the response time is much better, at least for me anyway.

classic-controller-pro-impressions-20100

I just use the Gamecube controller to play N64 games, but the regular classic controller works just fine for me with SNES and Genesis games, so I'm saving my money on this one, because I honestly don't need it.

I could use a second classic controller anyway.

About time! I didn't buy a classic controller simply because it seemed completely unusable for gaming, all style and no functionality. The GameCube controller still seems better judging by these pictures, but I heard there are some games which won't accept the GC controller. In which case, I will have to buy the Pro.

Guest Julius Quasar

So yeah, if you havent heard Nintendo has released the Classic controller Pro for the Nintendo Wii in america a month or so ago. Its the successor of the godawful design of the original classic controller of the SNES redux and added grip handles at the end and relocated the secondary Z1 and Z2 Shoulder buttons down below the L and R buttons.

Some of you might think its a waste of money, but I gave it a try anyways, immediately played some Star Fox 64 and I must say the response time is much better, at least for me anyway.

Awesome! :yes:

Thanks for sharing that, dude!

Glad I held out. I'll buy a pro when I start playing Super Metroid.

^ Me too.

About time! I didn't buy a classic controller simply because it seemed completely unusable for gaming, all style and no functionality. The GameCube controller still seems better judging by these pictures, but I heard there are some games which won't accept the GC controller. In which case, I will have to buy the Pro.

I didn't know about the classic controller's flaws, but then I saw that they discontinued it, and I didn't know that at first they were replacing it, but I'm glad they are, especially with that "Pro" classic controller.  I'm gettin' one, if I ever get a Wii.

I just got sick an tired getting my ass handed to me from Invader II ships shooting at me because I cant barrel Roll fast enough with the GC controller since those shoulder buttons feel hard and click every time you press them down. Slows down my response time.

I just got sick an tired getting my ass handed to me from Invader II ships shooting at me because I cant barrel Roll fast enough with the GC controller since those shoulder buttons feel hard and click every time you press them down. Slows down my response time.

Yeah, but those shoulder buttons are gradual (Couldn't come with a better english word for it.), and thus make GREAT brakes and accelerators in racing games.

Yeah, but those shoulder buttons are gradual (Couldn't come with a better english word for it.), and thus make GREAT brakes and accelerators in racing games.

And yet they fail in Star Fox 64 Virtual Console

And yet they fail in Star Fox 64 Virtual Console

SF 64 was sadly never designed with that in mind.

Me too...

you should save your money when Nintendo ever decides to make a better console.

Guest Julius Quasar

good idea!  Hell, GREAT idea! thanks! :yes:

*Nods in agreement*

Hehe, anyone reminded of the Dualshock 2?

Sony_Dual_Shock_2.jpg

The exact same button configuration. :D

Hehe, anyone reminded of the Dualshock 2?

Sony_Dual_Shock_2.jpg

The exact same button configuration. :D

Because that layout was stolen from the SNES, and the symbols are from the mario wizard. All from the old Sony-Nintendo partnership that went sour.

^ It is technically debatable whether the overall design was taken from the SNES.  Just to be :offtopic: for a second, I wonder how the SNES CD would've turned out :P