Game Cube or Wii

Matt Macdowel

Witch one  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Witch one

• GameCUbe
    • wii

This is kinda pointless, since the wii is basically a game cube (because it plays game cube games), so I'll take the wii since I can play gamecube games AND my wii games.

I love the Gamecube, MUCH more than Wii.  The Gamecube is much more aesthetically pleasing in my opinion.  Plus, the form factor, attachments (gameboy player FTW), and the overall innovation it first had makes me pick it.  Also, I haven't come across an incredible Wii game yet, while there are HUNDREDS on the cube.  I know the Wii has backwards compatibility, but it's just more fun to play it on the actual hardware it was first meant for.

I think the Wii is better, Virtual Console, Internet, and plays GC games

True. But this question is basically answering "The chicken or the egg?" So it's Opinionated.

I don't think this is as stupid a question as it might seem. At least not if you base it on how much you liked these consoles when they were new. I'd say I've probably had a lot more fun with my GC than I'll ever have with the Wii.

I had much more fun with my GameCube, but for my favorite console of the two I'd have to say the Wii (just seeing as it plays all the same games and more).  Still, though...I miss the Game Boy Player XD

This is kinda pointless, since the wii is basically a game cube (because it plays game cube games), so I'll take the wii since I can play gamecube games AND my wii games.

true but some of the games on GC are not on the wii.

Well, the GC, i loved how it was a cube, it just felt so good knowing the system your playing is a cube, and it's just called, the "Game cube." Even though Wii does come with the ability to play GC games, because a new game has a plus 100 bonus on it, I've probably had more fun on my GC, Wii could be just as good, but it needs games that don't suck... and games that don't suck don't have to be FPS's, FPS are my least favorite genre, cause it's like, TF2 is better then all of the other ones, so why do we need more? So if it's which have you had more fun on, GC

I don't think this is as stupid a question as it might seem. At least not if you base it on how much you liked these consoles when they were new. I'd say I've probably had a lot more fun with my GC than I'll ever have with the Wii.

^ THIS! :D

I have to agree with steve on this, The wii is nothing more than a slim down GameCube with more bells and whistles.

I think the question here is not the console itself, but the content that was released for it. If that is the case, I enjoyed the Gamecube much more than the Wii so far, though I love the Wii.

The Rogue Squadron series, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, Melee, the first Battalion Wars, Sonic Adventure DX, Resident Evil 4, Adventures and Assault. Plenty of good games were released for the Gamecube, I think it was such an under appreciated console.

I have fonder memories of playing Gamecube, but that probably has to do with the fact that I was younger then. I still love gaming, but (like most things you liked when you were a wee little tot) it has lost some of it's charm for me.

SNES :)

Zactly.

Many gamers still consider that to be the best console of all time. Old games don't hold up nearly as well as we make ourselves think they do... Except for Super Metroid. :3

That depends what you mean: System or games? If its system, than wii because it can play both wii and gamecube games. As for games, than I choose both.

N64 :)

SEGA Genesis/Megadrive 3  :D

And I would like to say the GameCube,

'for now...'

O-KAY, Okay!...Mainly, becuase I do not have a Wii

and I only got 1 game for GameCube...

Zactly.

Many gamers still consider that to be the best console of all time. Old games don't hold up nearly as well as we make ourselves think they do... Except for Super Metroid. :3

Super metroid indeed!!! I got that for my birthday this year (not virtual console the actual cartridge) and that games is amasing!

but I'll disagree with you in the Old games don't hold up nearly as well as we make ourselves think they do. Other then a lselect few, I love old games so much more...

I like my Wii and my 'Cube, but since I got the Wii, the 'Cube got put up, so as far as system goes, Wii wins. (If I had ever had a Gameboy, it would probably be tied, but I didn't, so the Gameboy compatibility was never important to me)

Though, some of my favourite games are on the Gamecube, my favourite game at the moment (Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility :P) is on the Wii. It's a hard choice for me, I just love games!

I also agree with whoever said that it's best to play the games on the system they were made for. :)) I don't buy off the Virtual Console because I'd MUCH rather play them on the original system.

I like my Wii and my 'Cube, but since I got the Wii, the 'Cube got put up, so as far as system goes, Wii wins. (If I had ever had a Gameboy, it would probably be tied, but I didn't, so the Gameboy compatibility was never important to me)

Though, some of my favourite games are on the Gamecube, my favourite game at the moment (Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility :P) is on the Wii. It's a hard choice for me, I just love games!

I also agree with whoever said that it's best to play the games on the system they were made for. :)) I don't buy off the Virtual Console because I'd MUCH rather play them on the original system.

Agree with your last statement. I want SF 64 on my N64, on the VC you can't save. (you all know that) So you basically just play the game for 8 hours until you reach the end and then stop playing it  :hehe: