Does Anybody Else out There Hate Krystal?

Walrusface

I don't think Krystal's all that great. Don't shoot me, I'm just expressing my personal opinion. She essenially upstaged every other member of the Star Fox Team (Not only is she a girl, but she's Fox's love interest, and she has telepathy? C'mon!), making Falco seem less cool (I swear that's nearly inpossible to do, though). I want to know if anybody else out there thinks the same  :wink:

P.S. Krystal was originally designed as a character for a completely different video game by Rare called Dinosaur Planet. Yes, it was eventually turned into Star Fox: Adventures. She's technically not an original character.

P.S.S. I think this guy's cooler than Krystal:  :slippy:  << my homeboy.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thu'um

• Milkyway64

• "User"

• The Shaper

I'm ambivalent toward her. She has a lot of potential, but she doesn't use -any- of it, and is instead reduced to a blubbering, useless character. I just wanna see her actually be cool.

Incidentally, I like Slippy more, but there's less to say about him as he's actually a complete character.

I'm ambivalent toward her. She has a lot of potential, but she doesn't use -any- of it, and is instead reduced to a blubbering, useless character. I just wanna see her actually be cool.

Incidentally, I like Slippy more, but there's less to say about him as he's actually a complete character.

I see what you're saying, she has a lot of unused potential. I'd probalby like her a lot more if she were a better pilot.

This.

There is no real reason to hate Krystal at all. Repeating myself from another topic, it's impossible to hate cardboard unless it papercut you.

She's done absolutely nothing but talk. That's hardly anything series changing ESPECIALLY to Falco.

I don't think Krystal's all that great. Don't shoot me, I'm just expressing my personal opinion. She essenially upstaged every other member of the Star Fox Team (Not only is she a girl, but she's Fox's love interest, and she has telepathy? C'mon!), making Falco seem less cool (I swear that's nearly inpossible to do, though). I want to know if anybody else out there thinks the same  :wink:

P.S. Krystal was originally designed as a character for a completely different video game by Rare called Dinosaur Planet. Yes, it was eventually turned into Star Fox: Adventures. She's technically not an original character.

P.S.S. I think this guy's cooler than Krystal:  :slippy:  << my homeboy.

Jeesh! Why does everyone hate her? I mean its not like she ruined the series or anything. The developers did. (mostly Q games). I'm not trying to say that your opinion is wrong or anything. And besides they had to give Fox a love interest I mean look what would happen if Mario games didn't have Peach.

Her name and origin might not be original, but her physical apperence and background story is. So don't say you hate her, just say your just not that interested in the character.

Jeesh! Why does everyone hate her? I mean its not like she ruined the series or anything. The developers did. (mostly Q games). I'm not trying to say that your opinion is wrong or anything. And besides they had to give Fox a love interest I mean look what would happen if Mario games didn't have Peach.

Her name and origin might not be original, but her physical apperence and background story is. So don't say you hate her, just say your just not that interested in the character.

Mario and Peach != love interest. If anything, Peach and Bowser are an item, given that we never actually had proof that Bowser Jr.'s statement of "Mommy!" was false.

It's pretty clear that Mario never gets any, anyway.

This. All aboard the bandwagon!

I agree with you.

Hurrah! o/

Glad we're not mortal enemies anymore.

Not anymore.

The old DRL has been defeated.

Behold the [shadow=white,left]HYPER[/shadow] one!

which is Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger,

and HYPER, plus nicer.

AS you can see and will surely find out in better depth... not me.

Guest Julius Quasar

Her name and origin might not be original, but her physical appearance and background story is. So don't say you hate her, just say your just not that interested in the character.

^ This. 

The characters I hate in the SF franchise/series are:

-Andrew Oikonny

-Pigma Dengar

-Dash Bowman

-The Anglars

-The Sharpclaw Tribe

Guest Mr. Mario

^ This.  The characters I hate in the SF franchise/series are:

-Andrew Oikonny

-Pigma Dengar

-Dash Bowman

-The Anglars

-The Sharpclaw Tribe

Ya know...if you compared the Sharpclaw and the Koopas...you might see a similarity...

Guest Julius Quasar

Ya know...if you compared the Sharpclaw and the Koopas...you might see a similarity...

Oh yeah, huh?  Dude, you're right, I didn't notice that 'till now....wow...you're awesome! :yes:

Both are reptile and have a big leader?

I don't see much else to go on, especially since Bowser's army is willing while it looks like the sharpclaw are not.

Guest Mr. Mario

Oh yeah, huh?  Dude, you're right, I didn't notice that 'till now....wow...you're awesome! :yes:

I also forgot to point out that General Scales and Bowser do have a simliarity too. Maybe Nintendo just decided to put in Mario enenmy rip-offs for Star Fox Adventures. I would sometimes laugh a little bit because I would nickname Scales Bowsers long-lost cousin.

Guest Julius Quasar

I also forgot to point out that General Scales and Bowser do have a simliarity too. Maybe Nintendo just decided to put in Mario enenmy rip-offs for Star Fox Adventures. I would sometimes laugh a little bit because I would nickname Scales Bowsers long-lost cousin.

There you go! :yes:

Guest Julius Quasar

Fine...

Anyways, I will admit, there is some major room for improvement regarding Krystal (especially her back story).

Anyways, I will admit, there is some major room for improvement regarding Krystal (especially her back story).

Of course! Goes for a lot of characters too in this series (would save us a lot of the debates we've had. :P ), but at least the others have established personalities.

Nah, hate's a strong word. On a scale from 0 to 10, where 0 is an all-consuming hate, and 10 is zealous fan-boyism, I'd place myself around 7 or so. She's an allright addition to the series, but so far the developers haven't grabbed the full potential of character development which lies in her.

(Wow, lot of fancy words there in the end. Sometimes, I even surprise myself.)

This.

There is no real reason to hate Krystal at all. Repeating myself from another topic, it's impossible to hate cardboard unless it papercut you.

She's done absolutely nothing but talk. That's hardly anything series changing ESPECIALLY to Falco.

Well, in Assault, and I'm not exaggerating, she flies so fast that when she's being chased, it's freaking hard to catch up to her (Katina Outpost, Sargasso, Corneria, Orbital Gate) and you lose points for that. Not to mention the near incessent whining when you don't get to her fast enough. She comes off as a bit of a nag.    :bill:

People do but they are more hesitate to publicly announce it here for obvious reasons :P

Krystal has a sh*t load of fans/admirers/lovers etc, but she also has a smaller, yet sizable number of detractors.  A recent SFO poll furthermore clearly indicated that she was the most popular character on this board yet in another poll one of the top 3 or 4 I think characters wished to be killed off. Nevertheless the fanboys/furries outweigh the haters.

And as others have already pointed out hopefully we'll find out more about her history or her in general, preferably in the next Star Fox game.