Does Anybody Else out There Hate Krystal?

Walrusface

none of you are socitys outcasts

Dude, most of us are furries. Argument invalid.

I suppose we should perhaps move to PM. I'd hate to get in trouble for derailing a topic.  :oops:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thu'um

• Milkyway64

• "User"

• The Shaper

Guest Mr. Mario

I would only hate Krystal if she was sold to another company that Nintendo might sell her to...Microsoft.

DA-DA-DUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

specialreports_2edb.bill_gates.jpg

i don't troll.

O rly?

Matt, more people hate you than you think. (But in different ways)

Just saying.

O rly?

Matt, more people hate you than you think. (But in different ways)

Just saying.

Because you can speak for most everyone, I take it?

I suggest you speak only for yourself.

Guest Julius Quasar

Didn't care for the "Kursed" alter ego, but that was the fault Star Fox Command/Q Games, not Krystal herself.

Didn't care for the "Kursed" alter ego, but that was the fault Star Fox Command/Q Games, not Krystal herself.

Indeed.

none of you are socitys outcasts and besides were off topic again if you wanna talk about this crap make a topic then or do it on the pm's but krystal is a mercenary love well bring her down.

Could you please  :repost: ? I have no idea what you just said...

I don't hate Krystal, in fact hate is too strong of a word. I think what is more fitting, is indifference. Absolute indifference in every subject about her - I see her more or less what she is. Sex appeal, eye candy, she may have had potential in Starfox Adventures, but you can tell after Cloud Runner Fortress everything was rushed. It wasn't a 'bad' game but it was fairly weak and unmemorable asides from the graphic capabilities at the time. What could have been potentially an interesting storyline where you could play two characters side by side became a rather one tracked adventure which... was not fitting at all.

That being said, she's not going away, killing her off would probably cause a lot of outrage, and it would also be extremely cheap as well. She has untapped character potential there, but I would like to see her become something else other than someone's love interest and become a character of her own. She can still fall in love or whatever, but I'm aware that for the most part that Starfox as a series is basically tossed from company to company, so inconsistencies rise from every game. I really don't expect anything out of her character, but hey - I might be surprised with the next game. (If we get one.)

A good way to put it, Konchaski. And you ran through some of the failings of Adventures very well too.

I don't hate Krystal, in fact hate is too strong of a word. I think what is more fitting, is indifference. Absolute indifference in every subject about her - I see her more or less what she is. Sex appeal, eye candy, she may have had potential in Starfox Adventures, but you can tell after Cloud Runner Fortress everything was rushed. It wasn't a 'bad' game but it was fairly weak and unmemorable asides from the graphic capabilities at the time. What could have been potentially an interesting storyline where you could play two characters side by side became a rather one tracked adventure which... was not fitting at all.

That being said, she's not going away, killing her off would probably cause a lot of outrage, and it would also be extremely cheap as well. She has untapped character potential there, but I would like to see her become something else other than someone's love interest and become a character of her own. She can still fall in love or whatever, but I'm aware that for the most part that Starfox as a series is basically tossed from company to company, so inconsistencies rise from every game. I really don't expect anything out of her character, but hey - I might be surprised with the next game. (If we get one.)

I see exactly what you're saying.  I definitely never base a character on sex appeal (a blue fox, albeit), I rate them on how helpful or hindering they are, their role in the story, and (very slightly) their personality. Take Falco, for example.  Falco is a complete character, with a, interesting backstory, a large role in the series, and quite realistic personality. I love that in a video game, and in its characters.

I see exactly what you're saying.  I definitely never base a character on sex appeal (a blue fox, albeit), I rate them on how helpful or hindering they are, their role in the story, and (very slightly) their personality. Take Falco, for example.  Falco is a complete character, with a, interesting backstory, a large role in the series, and quite realistic personality. I love that in a video game, and in its characters.

Yeah, to be fair when Krystal first appeared in the game I had a dislike for her too. But I can see her potential, what can prove to be interesting, she could be a strong female character if we go by the original plan for Dinosaur Planet, but she was demoted to damsel in distress. And she has remained consistently like that throughout Starfox Assault, and in only in Starfox Command she got another portion of her characterization. ( though with each storyline it was inconsistent. )

Falco, Slippy, and Peppy have strong and relatively consistent personalities from game to game, thus why it's jarring to have Krystal in the group. The fact is, she was just put into Starfox to give Fox a romantic interest and it in a way shoehorned their way in. I'd personally like her not to be just demoted to that, and her to have a characterization of her own. Katt has feelings for Falco, but Falco doesn't return them, and Katt also has a lot of characterization as well. We're given an idea how she is, hell even in the comic how Falco tells her to 'grow up and stop following him' I find interesting as well. Krystal sadly doesn't have this, when it could put be into her.

So this isn't even me saying that Starfox just writes girls badly, it's more of a case they got Krystal but don't know what to do with her. And I don't want to see her be merely a plot device, girl to be won, girl to save, or anything else. She has a potential dynamic to PROVE to be interesting, how was her planet destroyed? is she the 'only' survivor or is there other people out there like her scattered all over Lylat? Who was she in that society? I think this was the only respect I liked of Command, Krystal broke away from Fox and got her own characterization. (even if it was a tad bit inconsistent and a lot of portions of it made me facepalm.)

Basically - I've read stories where I do care for her well being. Because they made her understandable and made me emphasize with her. However? In canon as it is? I don't. The characters of Starfox 64 all had stronger characterizations then her and have remained a tad bit more consistent as well. (Despite the random voice changes, they had tried to keep a bit of it. All except, ironically - Fox McCloud. )

i wasn't a huge fan of Krystal when she first appeared, when i first saw her i could not see a real point of her in the story. But when assault came out i began to like her more.

I .. (and i am proud to say it) war a krystal fan before a star fox fan and would probly not play if she didn't exist that is what i have said.PEACE :krystal:

I .. (and i am proud to say it) war a krystal fan before a star fox fan and would probly not play if she didn't exist that is what i have said.PEACE :krystal:

Wait, so you're proud to have spent 50 dollars on at least one game JUST because it contained your new favorite furry icon?

I've heard sex sells but that's ridiculous. :oops:

Wait, so you're proud to have spent 50 dollars on at least one game JUST because it contained your new favorite furry icon?

Dude, that's what I did a couple of years ago with both adventures and assault....$70 well spent if I may say so myself :P

And besides, I was long overdue to play those games :P

i got adventures assult and command for 40 dollars. i just bought asssult thinking cool you no..but then i thought krystal was the best i started to really like all the other characters very soon after

Dude, that's what I did a couple of years ago with both adventures and assault....$70 well spent if I may say so myself :P

And besides, I was long overdue to play those games :P

i am proud of you

i am proud of you

Thanks! It was one of my better accomplishments back in the day :P

Yeah, to be fair when Krystal first appeared in the game I had a dislike for her too. But I can see her potential, what can prove to be interesting, she could be a strong female character if we go by the original plan for Dinosaur Planet, but she was demoted to damsel in distress. And she has remained consistently like that throughout Starfox Assault, and in only in Starfox Command she got another portion of her characterization. ( though with each storyline it was inconsistent. )

Falco, Slippy, and Peppy have strong and relatively consistent personalities from game to game, thus why it's jarring to have Krystal in the group. The fact is, she was just put into Starfox to give Fox a romantic interest and it in a way shoehorned their way in. I'd personally like her not to be just demoted to that, and her to have a characterization of her own. Katt has feelings for Falco, but Falco doesn't return them, and Katt also has a lot of characterization as well. We're given an idea how she is, hell even in the comic how Falco tells her to 'grow up and stop following him' I find interesting as well. Krystal sadly doesn't have this, when it could put be into her.

So this isn't even me saying that Starfox just writes girls badly, it's more of a case they got Krystal but don't know what to do with her. And I don't want to see her be merely a plot device, girl to be won, girl to save, or anything else. She has a potential dynamic to PROVE to be interesting, how was her planet destroyed? is she the 'only' survivor or is there other people out there like her scattered all over Lylat? Who was she in that society? I think this was the only respect I liked of Command, Krystal broke away from Fox and got her own characterization. (even if it was a tad bit inconsistent and a lot of portions of it made me facepalm.)

Basically - I've read stories where I do care for her well being. Because they made her understandable and made me emphasize with her. However? In canon as it is? I don't. The characters of Starfox 64 all had stronger characterizations then her and have remained a tad bit more consistent as well. (Despite the random voice changes, they had tried to keep a bit of it. All except, ironically - Fox McCloud. )

That's an excellent point. I like Katt, she has a fun personality, as well as a reason to be there (her ship was fired on during the Lylat Wars), she exists as an actual character, as well.

^This.  Sorry I didn't notice it before.