Star Fox Online FB Page?

Sapphire

This is just an idea for the entire website, and I'm not sure if it has ever come up before but in order to get more members to SF-O wouldn't it be a good idea to create a Facebook page? Because I know a bunch of people go on Facebook and type in the word "Star Fox" in the search thingy and not much comes up but like a group of people. So in order to advertise kinda wouldn't it be cool to make one for Star Fox Online? I mean it's just an idea. :) [This is me trying to help cuz I love SF and this website cuz it's pretty beast! :)]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sapphire

• "User"

• Mr. Foxer

• Sylum

Almost no one here uses facebook.

Please ignore Mr. Foxer.

(He is our resident...

'Uberly-Depressive' guy.) :oops:

This is just an idea for the entire website, and I'm not sure if it has ever come up before but in order to get more members to SF-O wouldn't it be a good idea to create a Facebook page? Because I know a bunch of people go on Facebook and type in the word "Star Fox" in the search thingy and not much comes up but like a group of people. So in order to advertise kinda wouldn't it be cool to make one for Star Fox Online? I mean it's just an idea. :) [This is me trying to help cuz I love SF and this website cuz it's pretty beast! :)]

If you want to create it, I do not think it is a bad idea,

althrough I do not have FaceBook myself so I doubt you

will see me around. None-the-less, I know for a fact that

there are FaceBook users around, maybe they can provide

better support.  :wink:

And just how do you know that foxer? I say go for it.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2341064334&ref=ts  :P

That would be a fun idea I'm sure and I know I'd join it.

Almost no one here uses facebook.

You're even more oblivious then I thought....only the #2 ranked site in the world and just because no one posts up their facebook page doesn't mean no one uses it.  Same with msn. 

How about you take a good guess.

He's under no obligation to, how about YOU enlighten us as to your certainty instead since you seem so damn sure....I'm beginning to think you're a Zicka clone or something... :roll:

Took the words out of my mouth TSA. 

Since everybody says yes, except the "Uberly-Depressive Guy" lol I guess all I need to do is make it :) But there is 1 thing about making an official SF-O official facebook page, I need the "OK" of DZ because theres a box I gotta check that says "I'm the official representative of this person, business, band or product and have permission to create this Page." so pretty much all i need is DZ's 'k' and I'll go ahead and make it :)

OR an Admin...something like that :)

Since everybody says yes, except the "Uberly-Depressive Guy" lol I guess all I need to do is make it :) But there is 1 thing about making an official SF-O official facebook page, I need the "OK" of DZ because theres a box I gotta check that says "I'm the official representative of this person, business, band or product and have permission to create this Page." so pretty much all i need is DZ's 'k' and I'll go ahead and make it :)

OR an Admin...something like that :)

DZ can be quite busy at times. I'll advice sending him a PM directing to this thread, making sure he knows of it.

As far as me goes, while I've got no plans for creating an user on FaceTube, or whatever it is, I do approve of this idea.

Lol FaceTube, that's halarious Asper! :)

I think it's a good idea. I've made some Facebook pages. Last night I made "Awesome Old Spice Guy", I made "Axevale Caravan Park", I made "You think this letter on  my head stands for France?!" and I made "Babelfish Soaps". Check them out. :)

He's under no obligation to, how about YOU enlighten us as to your certainty instead since you seem so damn sure....I'm beginning to think you're a Zicka clone or something... :roll:

I only said that based on what I've heard, not many people here use it. I didn't say it was a terrible idea or anything along the lines of.

Since you insist, I was referring to the posts in this thread

http://forums.starfox-online.net/index.php?topic=6735.msg189834#msg189834

I only said that based on what I've heard, not many people here use it. I didn't say it was a terrible idea or anything along the lines of.

Since you insist, I was referring to the posts in this thread

http://forums.starfox-online.net/index.php?topic=6735.msg189834#msg189834

That was some time ago,

now there are more users around, PLUS

not 'everyone' posted there.

HAR.

Okay okay, you win. Sometimes I feel like everyone is against me.

Stop trying to be a smarta**,

and also stop being soo negative.

People will be friendlier to you

that way.

Probably feel like that less if you weren't so pessimistically against everyone's ideas, and encouraged some.

That was some time ago,

now there are more users around, PLUS

not 'everyone' posted there.

HAR.

Furthermore, people who are against facebook would be MUCH more likely to post in a topic of that nature stating their disapproval. I personally think the whole privacy thing is being blown way out of proportion by a minority of users to try to influence others that they are the majority.  Minorities are typically much more outspoken when it comes to their agenda and express the situation as being "worse" then it really is based on a few extreme examples.  In addition, people shouldn't assume everything they hear or read from the mass media as fact. :/

Conversations shouldn't be contests, I don't know about others but I'm not in them to "win", I'm in them to get the truth to come to light.  Vydrach has a valid point when he says you are overly pessimistic

I like the idea of trying to reach out to other fans, especially since this seems to be the best opportunity in a LONG time.

However, like Mr. Foxer over there, I personally don't like Facebook. The way I see it, it's more like:

"Come one, come all!!!! Display your lives and everything you do to complete strangers!!! And meet new "friends"!!! Speak to people who you will probably never meet in your lives!!!"

Honestly, the concept was great, but its what people began to do with it.......

You know what TSA? I'm sick of your smartass bullshit, every waking moment it is with you. Goodbye Star Fox Online, can't say I'll miss you.

You know what TSA? I'm sick of your smartass bullshit, every waking moment it is with you. Goodbye Star Fox Online, can't say I'll miss you.

And there goes another one...

I hate to see members disapear over something so ridiclous...

I'm merely sticking up for the people who you seem to insult or offend on a regular basis.  The only time(s) I've went after you personally were when you posted up some comment that anyone in their right mind would obviously take exception to and retaliate.  It seems that everyone else notices that but you. And really, you don't think I've noticed all the things people have said against you on this forum concerning your attitude?  Looks like that's another thing you're oblivious too since you aren't taking steps to rectify your disposition towards other SFO members.  If you feel the need to leave the forum based on shit that was due to your own actions and not what anyone else has instigated towards you then so be it.  Personally I don't care what you think of me but just keep in mind that I'm not one of those people who go around unilaterally offending people, however I will speak my mind when I see such negativity on a board that I think highly of.

And there goes another one...

I hate to see members disapear over something so ridiclous...

It's not just one thing people disappear about though.  It's a cumulative affect based on previous topics and posts.... 

Okay people, move along quietly. If you feel a need to talk about Mr. Foxers seemingly leaving, then you can do so by PM. No need to throw dirt at anyone.

Hey all you guys need to chill. We're all here for the same reason, and that's to talk about Star Fox. Let's all just be friends and talk about what is really important here and get back onto the topic here. So chill guys. :) don't be mad, be glad :) Now....back to the topic....? :)

I don't like Facebook as well  :lol: , gotta agree with Mr Foxer, not everyone uses it. However, let's keep the drama out, alright?