Love Life Talk

Sapphire

meh, so far it's been okay. me and my girl have some fights from time to time, but that's normal. or what classifies as normal, anyway. it's just how people are. we have different opinions on things, and sometimes they clash. just the way things go, i guess.

"it never works" and "rip it off like a band-aid"

Eeeeeew people have been saying that to you? Let me tell you something honey.

True friends will want you to be happy no matter what. They'll support you and they sure as fuck won't refer to your relationship as a piece of fucking fabric you put on a goddamn boo-boo. Like what the shit even is that, it sounds so dumb I can't even.

REAL friends will show themselves to you now. They'll tell you "shit that sucks you're going to be apart but you know if the love is true then don't you worry" or "you can do it, love is strong".

I had some shit as well when I started out my LDR (long distance relationship) with R3d. I lost a whole load of friends, actually. Some online, some in real life. In fact a girl in my real life, who I classed as a best friend, flat out abandoned me when she heard that I was even considering going to Germany. Bitch talked behind my back even months before with shit like "she needs to get this stupid idea out of her head and get in touch with reality, get interested in someone geographically closer". Like who was she, my mama? Geographically closer my ass, everyone within a 50 mile radius was a goddamn moron.

Fuck the haters.

Some will be jealous (that's a biggie, let me tell you), and some will just hate because they don't understand it, or know that they could never be faithful during long distance themselves.

Now I'm not saying that it's all going to be super easy and the years will pass quickly. It's going to be tough, you're going to miss each other so much, your chests will hurt. People will always give you the "man I couldn't do that, why don't you call it quits" treatment but these assholes are just plain out rude and disrespectful, okay? Like they know what's better for you. YOU know what's better for you. If you and your girl can hang on to each other even over distance, then damn well do it. Never give into peer pressure.

Remember what's important. Her. Love. Being together. The future.

It's not impossible, look at all of us here. Dras and Faisul, Sissi and Steve, R3d and myself. And I'll bet that at one point, NONE of us thought we'd ever fall for someone overseas. But love is a funny, unbiased thing and it doesn't give a shit what country you're in.

There are many things you can do to help the feeling of separation, and if you ever want ideas, feel free to ask.

Thanks for all the support, all. Honestly we needed some postitivity to help drown out all of the "it never works" and "rip it off like a band-aid" advice we've been getting for the past few weeks.

I'd love to provide you with some wisdom in the form of personal experience as to how long distance relationships.. but sadly I have none.

The one time I tried it, it ended poorly. Granted, we met online and only met in person once but that's besides the point. She and I weren't right for each other, it just took 4 years for us to figure it out. I have no recorded experience of having it work.

<<HOWEVER>>

I know you. You've been talking about your lovely forever and I have yet to see/hear you say a negative thing about her. You're a stubborn motherfucker. You cunts will make it work.

Good luck man.

I'm also starting to get the feeling that the only people that write 'advice' about long distance relationships are ones that either knew a guy who knew a guy who was in an LDR or just had a really shitty experience and assume everyone else will too. All the statistics my parents choose to throw at me are probably skewed to shit as well. There's not a whole lot of positivity out there, but you're all just what I needed.

But yeah, we give enough of a shit about this that we'll fucking make it work. You're all fantastic and I love all of you <3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love, is a tricky and painful subject. Not a lot of people really know how to love anymore, That and do to the media and today's understanding of what a relationship "should" be a lot of people just choose to not let people love them...and that's depressing. And never ends well.

Ok.

What I meant was they believe by opening up to someone makes them weak, I've witnessed countless relationships where you can tell one or both partners aren't truly being "there". They go through the motions but never open up wholly allowing their partner to love them. The real them faults and all.

Communication issues have been a problem since humans learned how to communicate. I wouldn't worry about "today's understanding" of love and relationships, our perspective of such has certainly not changed for the worst. Not necessarily at its best, sure, but there is potential to become better and I am seeing it in a lot of places.

Yeah I'll clean up this topic for now, guys feel free to PM each other and talk about this more. Sorry I wasn't around to catch it, I've been out all day.

AAAA, please check over the rules and stuff before engaging in this kind of conversation.

Anyway, so R3d and I celebrated our 3rd year anniversary today! We've been out on an all-day date, and surprised each other this morning with gifts. I got him Pokemon X, he got me... TOMODACHI LIFE.

It was really funny because I gave him his gift (I'm a total flake when it comes to gift giving, I'm just too hyped to see their face and happiness and I get so giddy), I was still half asleep with bed-hair and disarranged face, then afterwards he wanted me to help him fix up the bed. I was planning on making a coffee so I was like "yeah sure I'll brb I just want to heat up some water" but he was super pushy and made it such a chore. Then he was like "pick up your pillow please" and I did and THERE WAS TOMODACHI LIFE.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW HE GOT IT THERE

WAS IT THERE THE WHOLE NIGHT

MAYBE

Misogyny is not tolerated here.

Consider this the warning.

banhammerforecast.gif

To everyone else, if someone says something stupid and misogynist/racist/homophobic/whatever-ist report it. Starting drama with that person is not the answer. This is one of the few matters that really REALLY pisses me off. Stay out of it or risk being collateral damage when the banhammer starts swinging.

EDIT: Screw it, this thread is done. Stop acting like children.