Summary of my trip

"User"

Not sure if this is the right spot for something like this so mods please move if necessary.

It was a very enjoyable two weeks for myself and my Laser Quest friend from Canada.  We traveled down to Kentucky to see Milkyway64 for his birthday, making stops for the night both ways in the Dayton, Ohio area.  We left early on Wednesday June 9th after packing the night before and cleaning out and performing maintenance on the car.  We loaded up the car in unique fashion that I've never tried before - including putting a seat belt on my friends 30 inch high def T.V.

26687_441512420399_710630399_6314416_799

26687_441512510399_710630399_6314426_534

Once we hit the U.S. border after 3 and a half hours (Detroit area) we got pulled over because the customs officer fucked up and wrote down that we had 4 cases of 24 beer when in, actuality, we had one case of 24.  Apparently the officer didn't know what a "case of two four" is.  :facepalm:  So after being drilled with over 9000 questions about the nature of our trip, which was pretty suspicious in itself, even if I was being truthfrul we continued along until we hit up the Dayton Ohio area, we had a luxury hotel room at the Crowne Plaza hotel with Valet service (which was a must considering the price and the location of the parking garage in downtown Dayton. After doing some shopping with some friends (including one furry) we all went back to the hotel and set up the hotel room to play video games and prepared the hotel room sink accordingly to keep some of our alcohol (bottle of bailey's and some hard iced tea) cold.  Because, you know, opened alcohol should be kept cold.

26687_441512695399_710630399_6314434_684

26687_441512725399_710630399_6314437_645

Before the night started me and my Canadian friend went to play with Dayton's LQ team at a team practice, most of us then proceeded to stay up all night drinking and playing games.

The next morning we checked out and continued on our journey.  About an hour after we departed we hit up the famous "Florence Y'all" sign.  Florence KY is the city that borders Cincinnati at the Ohio/Kentucky border.

26687_441512745399_710630399_6314441_729

Most our 5 hour drive through western Kentucky was pretty uneventful, all the pictures that my friend took were just.....trees and nothing else really.

26687_441512770399_710630399_6314445_785

After we arrived at Milkyway64's house my friend set up his room as an entertainment center of sorts with all his gear.  He then sat down to play and strut his skillz at MW2 while Milkyway just watched in awe while playing Resident Evil

26687_441513005399_710630399_6314468_298

26687_441513020399_710630399_6314470_631

Most of our time in Kentucky it was hot and humid, as my camera clearly shows early in the morning. 

26687_441514135399_710630399_6314530_114

One day myself, my friend, Milkyway64, and his friend decided to go out on a road trip through 5 neighbouring states for the hell of it.  First stop was a 3 hour drive to Memphis to play some Laser Quest, but we had to pass through Missouri and Arkansas first considering we were in the southwestern corner of Kentucky.

26687_441514195399_710630399_6314539_228

26687_441514190399_710630399_6314538_415

26687_441514210399_710630399_6314542_239

We snapped a picture or two of us outside the center in Memphis

26687_441514230399_710630399_6314545_755

Then we headed into two other states for seemingly no reason at all except to say that I've been there :P

26687_441514495399_710630399_6314552_413

26687_441514585399_710630399_6314561_514

We then went to downtown Nashville where there was some massive concert going on, which involved everyone drinking in the streets and all the women looking like whores.  I don't have any pictures from that though, sadly.

After that, Milkyway64 had a great birthday and he enjoyed my RE 5 special edition game

26687_441515465399_710630399_6314598_401

26687_441515510399_710630399_6314604_604

Nothing else really eventful happened throughout the trip except one incident at 1 am which I would rather not have happened that involved a bottle of rum, two girls - both who I knew as friends, and the back of my car.  We were mainly playing video games and drinking for most of the time anyways.  On the way back I hit up a 3 man tournament and stayed with my Ohio friends again in one of their friends house for the night.

The trip was largely a success and I can't wait to head down there again.

Props and Slops:

Props to super cheap food and stuff in general in Ohio and especially Kentucky.  (78 cent 2 L coke and $2.50 tubs of Ben and Jerry's)

Props to cheap gas and alcohol compared to what I'm used to in Canada

Props to cute southern girls with accents :P

Props to video games.

Props to having no responsibly.

Props to portable air conditioning units.

Props to the exchange rate :)

Props to straightaways on the Western Kentucky Parkway over 5 hours enabling me to do 110 miles per hour and props to no cops during that entire stretch.  :D

Slops to Michigan's highways and backroads...seriously...you have "speedbumps" of sorts on your highways and potholes like...a foot deep...WTF

Slops to high roaming and text charges.

Slops to seeing cars (especially in the Deep South) that look like they are going to far apart.  I fail to see how these things could pass as street legal...I mean, TWO smashed in headlights??

Slops to Acts of God disabling power and internet in Milkyway's house on two separate occasions for long periods of time - that's an infrastructure fail - something like that would never happen where I live.

Slops to extreme humidity as well as "stickiness" in general in the middle of the country in the middle of nowhere.

Slops to Ohio's 65 mile/hour speed limit on its highways

Slops to bug guts ruining the front my car and having to spent $10 to use a pressure washer when I got back to get all the gunk off.

Looks awesome, glad you had a fun time. :D

Looks awesome, glad you had a fun time. :D

Thanks :P  I might as well throw in this video I made before the 3 man started

Also, You could've drove by Georgia since I was pegging everything I saw with rotten tomatoes  :trollface:

Also regarding the 'incident'. Meh, It happens and I've seen it many times. (And yet brothers are supposed to tell you about the future, but mine failed at that.)

Please Tell me the concert wasn't Tenacious D...

Also, You could've drove by Georgia since I was pegging everything I saw with rotten tomatoes  :trollface:

I have no idea what the concert was to be honest, we got into the city just as it was finishing up at around 11 pm.

I could have but given the time circumstances and since one of the passengers couldn't stay the night in some random hotel while we made this a two day road trip I had to head back to Kentucky.  Otherwise I would have hit up the Florida panhandle as well as Louisiana :P 

You have the perfect narrator's voice User, it's awesome. :)

*Points to my previous edit*

Meh, I'm still good friends with them, all of us fucked up but we've put it behind us and moved on.

I lawled at the Beer in the sink.  :P

I need a Taxi out of Georgia...care to drop me off anywhere than Georgia on your next trip?

I lawled at the Beer in the sink.  :P

It's a BBC/TSA tradition of sorts.  I remember one picture from 2004 where a bunch of LQ players filled an entire hotel room bathtub with ice and put 6 beers on it standing up as well as a 1st place trophy and a cheque worth $1000.

I need a Taxi out of Georgia...care to drop me off anywhere than Georgia on your next trip?

How about West Virginia?  *Shudders* :shock:

Do youse guys have the XBL and/or PSN???

I don't. My friend does though and he's always on it heh

It's a BBC/TSA tradition of sorts.  I remember one picture from 2004 where a bunch of LQ players filled an entire hotel room bathtub with ice and put 6 beers on it standing up as well as a 1st place trophy and a cheque worth $1000.

How about West Virginia?  *Shudders* :shock:

I don't. My friend does though and he's always on it heh

Much rather Washington state. Freedom! *Starts streaking down hallway*

Guest Julius Quasar

Awesome!  I've been to some of those places you've photographed.

Try coming to Cali...or don't, considering we've degraded into a 3rd world dump.

Try coming to Cali...or don't, considering we've degraded into a 3rd world dump.

I thought you lived in Joisey Julius?

Guest Julius Quasar

I thought you lived in Joisey Julius?

WHAAAAT!?  Where'd you hear that!?  O_o  I've never been to NJ, let alone lived there.

It can't be nearly as bad as some of the other states I've visited.  California has the highest GDP per capita in the United States >_>

And concerning New Jersey....never again :P

glad you got back safe did you happen to go through  northern indiana as of late We've had a few heavy storms hit.

I think i recognize that tennesee sign.

glad you got back safe did you happen to go through  northern indiana as of late We've had a few heavy storms hit.

That state wasn't along my way home, I don't usually travel through northern Indiana unless I am driving to or from Chicago

I think i recognize that tennesee sign.

That sign is on the bridge which goes across the Mississippi River into Memphis.

That state wasn't along my way home, I don't usually travel through northern Indiana unless I am driving to or from Chicago

That sign is on the bridge which goes across the Mississippi River into Memphis.

probalby seen it then we use to go to flordia for summer vacation.

Hmmm...well whereabouts do you live in northern Indiana?  Maybe I could stop by on my next trip to Chicago and visit Kursed of all people! :o :P

Hmmm...well whereabouts do you live in northern Indiana?  Maybe I could stop by on my next trip to Chicago and visit Kursed of all people! :o:P

I donno if that'd be a good Idea however I will think about it .

I donno if that'd be a good Idea however I will think about it .

Oh I was somewhat sarcastically putting forth the idea :)

Or could you?

I've done more unlikely things when I visit online friends  :P

Oh I was somewhat sarcastically putting forth the idea :)

I've done more unlikely things when I visit online friends  :P

Heh, well if an online friend did visit me, I have plenty of self defense if anything goes wrong. (Since most of my O.F.'s are usually a bit older than me)