How to be "Credit to Team."

DZComposer

In TF2, the goal is the mission objective, not to rack up kills. So, skill at killing is not going to necessarily win a TF2 game. I have seen teams with many skilled players get rolled many times.

Teamwork is the key. Especially on payload and push maps.

These tips are subject to the situation. There may be an occasion where you need to disregard one.

General tips:

1. COMMUNICATE. Communication is key. Get a mic if you can. If you don't have one, use text chat. Just got backstabbed? Tell your team where the spy just was. Headshotted? Tell your team where the sniper is. See a fully charged medic with a heavy heading for your base? Tell someone!

2. If you have a pocket medic, watch his back. A dead medic cannot heal anyone, and he can't defend himself if he has his medgun out.

3. Don't spam the medic button. It pisses medics off.

4. Don't push teammates off a telelporter. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A SCOUT!

5. Teleporter priority: 1. Engies (they gotta get to their stuff quickly to keep it alive), 2. Medics (The people up front likely need a heal), 3. Heavies (they're REALLY slow),  4. soldier (slow also), 5. Demos (they do damage), 6. pyros, 7. spies, 8. Snipers (you're supposed to stay back..), 9. Scouts (you are fast enough without one)

6. Don't block snipers views with your body or flames.

7. Always alert your team to spies.

8. Do not stand next to friendly spies. Especially cloaked or disguised ones. You'll blow their cover.

Class Specific

Scout:

1. DO NOT take a teleporter unless it is really far, too dangerous to walk, and there is no one else needing it at the moment.

2. Scouts generally are not needed on defense.

3. Go for the objective. That is your job.

4. Using bonk, you can distract a sentry long enough for a demo to take it out.

5. You can triple-jump using the Force-a-Nature (FaN)

Soldier:

1. Use rocket jumps to get better vantage points.

2. You can take out sentries from a distance, especially with the direct hit.

3. Use the regular rocket launcher in general combat.

4. Only use a buff banner when your team can benefit from minicrits.

Pyro:

1. SPYCHECK. You are the natural counter to the spy. If you see one, light him up so your teammates can see him. If you don't see one, puff flames into nooks, crannies, or anything else a spy may hide in/on. Also, puff teammates. If they burn, they're a spy.

2. Use the regular flamethrower so you can airblast. Not only can you protect yourself from soldiers and demos better, you can even blow back huntsman arrows and sentry rockets. Backburner pyros are not credit to team.

3. AIRBLAST UBERS! Pyros can effectively halt uberteams. You can separate them or hold up the offensive class until the uber wears off. Or you can blow them into bottomless pits, away from the point or your sentries, etc.

4. Extinguish teammates! Airblast buring teammates to extinguish their afterburn.

5. You an airblast rockets, pipes, or stickies away from engie buildings, too.

6. If you are helping your engies, consider carrying the homewrecker. It can kill sappers in one hit, which can save an engie's stuff if he's far away or gets killed.

Demo:

1. Spam chokepoints. You'll slow 'em down at least, if not kill them.

2. Use a sticky launcher. Be careful with the Scottish Resistance, as you can only detonate stickies you are looking at. The targe is only good for getting kills, not helping your team, maybe with the exception of stopping a scout with the intel in CTF.

3. Cover the objective with stickies.

4. Gun ahead? Have a pocket medic? wait for the uber and then go in with stickies. Engies shit their paints when an uber demo comes in, as you will wreck everything. Go for the gun first, then the dispenser (though try your damndest to get it. If it survives with the tele, the engie will have the gun back up in no time). Tele last.

Heavy

1. Protect your medic. A heavy/medic combo is one of the most feared things on the TF2 battlefield.

2. Provide suppressive fire for your teammates.

3. Don't go for engie nests unless there are no sticky demos around to take the uber.

4. For god's sake, don't eat a sandvich while you're being healed by a medic.

5. Give your sandvich to a teammate if you don't need it (right click). Especially if you have a pocket medic, give it to him if he needs health.

Engie

1. Put your dispenser where it will help your team if possible. It's health and ammo can turn the tide of the battle.

2. Help any engie already there upgrade his stuff before you start building in the same area. 1 level 3 gun is more effective than 2 level 1s.

3. DO NOT BUILD RIGHT NEXT TO ANOTHER ENGIE. A. you'll steal his kills. B. One demo can kill everything at once.

4. DO NOT PUT A TELE FROM YOUR SPAWN TO YOUR INTEL ROOM. Spies can take enemy teles. You don't want to make it easier to get to the intel, do you?

5. Beware of the telefrag when placing teleporter exits. If a spy comes through your teleporter, it will kill anyone standing on the exit (conversely, a spy standing on your exit will get killed if you or a teammate uses it). Don't put your exit where you or another engie needs to sit to tank your/their gun. Don't put it right next to your dispenser where the medic that needs a heal may stand and get telefragged. Some spies will sap at your entrance and then stand on it. When you remove the sapper, he'll come through. If you're sitting on the exit, you will get telefragged and he'll sap everything while you're dead. So, don't stand/sit on your tele exit if you are removing a sapper. Spycheck anyone who comes through a tele shortly after you remove a sapper.

6. Make sure your teles help your team. Put your entrance at spawn, somewhere where your teammates will see it. It's fine to hide your exit, but if your team can't find your tele they won't take it. Also, make sure the tele actually gets your team closer to the action, not farther away, ESPECIALLY NOT BACKWARDS.

7. Upgrade your tele to level 3 as soon as you can.

Medic

1. Don't use the kritzkrieg on offense unless a special situation arises where it is need. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE THE ONLY MEDIC. Crits do not damage buildings more than regular hits. You may kill the engie quicker, but a regular uber is better for taking down engie nests. KRITZKRIEG DOES NOT MAKE YOU INVULNERABLE LIKE A REGULAR UBER. IT ONLY MAKES YOUR TARGET 100% CRIT.

2. Heal more than one person. Yes, a good pocket can do wonders, but if your pocket is over-healed, and there is a nearby wounded teammate, heal the teammate! Obvious exception: uber in progress.

3. Alert your pocket to any threats you see. Especially ones behind him.

4. Kritz works wonders on defense. A crit heavy or soldier can stop a rushing enemy team fast. They will either die or retreat. Your engies will appreciate you keeping the soldiers and demos away from their stuff.

5. Spycheck your healing target if possible, especially if they are retreating. For some reason people are less likely to spycheck someone being healed, so a spy may try to coax you to pocket them. Nothing sucks like getting backstabbed by the person you were healing when you turn to heal someone else.

6. Uber priority for engie nests: 1. Demo 2. Soldier 3. Heavy 4. Pyro (especially one with the homewrecker) Don't bother with anyone else, it isn't likely to work. Get between the gun and your uber partner to keep the gun from blowing them back.

7. Uber priority for antipersonnel needs: 1. Heavy 2. Pyro 3. Demo 4. Soldier. Don't bother with the others, they won't be effective enough.

8. Uber priority for Kritzkrieg: 1. Soldier 2. Heavy 3. Demo 4. Scout Don't kritz anyone else. They won't do enough damage.

9. Don't uber these classes unless you absolutely have to: Spy, Engie, or Sniper.

10. Don't pocket a sniper or engie.

11. If your pocket says "Hit it," "Charge Me," "Uber me," or anything else to that effect, UBER THEM IMMEDIATELY. They are asking for a reason.

12. It is better to waste an uber than die trying to save it for a better time. If you're about to die and you have an uber, use it to get out of there. You are no good to your team dead.

13. Don't "battle-medic." If you are not healing people, you are not being credit to team.

Sniper

1. Target priority: 1. Fully-charged medics 2. snipers 3. Medics 4. Spies 5. heavies 6. Demos  7.  Everything else.

2. You can 1-shot a level 1 engie building

3. Use jarate to reveal spies or give your team a chance for minicrits.

4. Don't rambo sniper. You are a support class. If you're running around killing people with your kukuri or SMG, then you primary targets listed earlier will get through.

Spy

1. Get in position to sap buildings so your team can take them down.

2. Backstab priority: 1. Medics 2. Engies 3. Snipers 4. Spies 5. Everything else

3. Feed your team information. See a heavy/medic heading for the base, and you can't get to them? Tell someone! See the intel? Tell someone.

4. For god's sake, don't eat a sandvich while you're being healed by a medic.

:trollface:

commonsenses.jpg

You can give your sandvich to other players now?

You can give your sandvich to other players now?

That's it's secondary, But Sadly you loose the weapon if you do. But people keep forgetting is that you can get another one from the supply cabinet in the spawning area.

didn't think the supply cabinet was refrigerated

You can also get another one by picking up a medium medpack when you have full health

I didn't know a med pack was refrigerated either.

Who mentioned fridged? They are poratable sandvich makers.

well considering the sandvich has meat ,cheese and a olive that needs to be refrigerated i assumed the  above objects were chilled in some way.

In TF2, the goal is the mission objective, not to rack up kills. So, skill at killing is not going to necessarily win a TF2 game. I have seen teams with many skilled players get rolled many times.

What's TF2?

You don't know Team Fortess 2 is?

Nope

Nope

It come in a gameset called "The Orange Box". most of us here Play It on the PC, but its availible on Xbox360 and the PS3 as well...

http://pc.ign.com/objects/877/877579.html

It come in a gameset called "The Orange Box". most of us here Play It on the PC, but its availible on Xbox360 and the PS3 as well...

Oooooooooo. Okay nevermind then haha.

not my picture who do you think would be  a better sniper?

This topic is about team tactics, not about other stuff. If you want to know what pokemon your favorite TF2 character is, make another topic.

Note that the 360 and PS3 versions are not as good as the PC/Mac version, and cannot connect to our server.

• 2 weeks later...

This video is a perfect re-iteration of my tips on being mindful of how spies can use enemy teleporters:

-7uas4fS1qE

In short, mind your tele exit placement and don't sit on your tele exit when removing sappers. Imagine if this tele were right next to the dispenser: The heavy sitting there would have gotten telefragged too, so DON'T crowd your dispenser with your tele.

It also shows why you should place your tele exits in a manner that allow quick exit from them. Simply rotating the tele 180 deg. would have prevented the soldier from getting telefragged.

Persoonly I don't ever rcal making teles myself due to the dange I always let the other engies do it while I focuse on my turrent and dispensor.

Some maps they are absolutely needed. Most payload maps, for instance, can be won and lost based on how long it takes your team to get up to the front.

What I do on these maps is I always drop a tele entrance at spawn, even if I'm not sure I will build an exit. After I get my nest up, usually around level 2, I will see of I can safely drop a tele exit. I like to put it somewhere where it won't be easily seen without looking for it, often a little ways away. That avoids telefrags, and increases the likelihood that at least the tele will survive and attack on my nest.