Calvin and Hobbes fans...

Guest Julius Quasar

Guest Julius Quasar

Any fans of Calvin and Hobbes out there?

I'm a major fan, I got all the books, including the treasuries.

Calvin: "I don't WANNA take a bath, I HATE taking baths!"

*runs* "AHHHH!"

*is now being carried upstairs by his mom* "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO..."

*now in the bath* "They can make me do it, but they can't make me do ti with dignity."

I've read some of the books, but that was a long time ago.

I have a big book filled with tons of their little comics! Lol.

Guest Julius Quasar

I wish they'd come back.  I don't have the collector's edition but for good reason.

Those 3 books are overpriced, and they are terrible quality.  The panels are glued poorly to the pages, and fall off, the bindings are glued, not sewn, which means they're NOT collector/archival quality.

I have a big book filled with tons of their little comics! Lol.

cool.  scrapbooks are nice.

I wish they'd come back.  I don't have the collector's edition but for good reason.

Those 3 books are overpriced, and they are terrible quality.  The panels are glued poorly to the pages, and fall off, the bindings are glued, not sewn, which means they're NOT collector/archival quality.

I know. It sucks. : /

Guest Julius Quasar

I know. It sucks. : /

Yeah...too bad, huh?  Calvin and Hobbes deserves better than that, and so do the fans.

Yeah, seriously. I know they try to make the actual collector stuff really good, and that is awesome and all, but not many people can really afford it. If they made it so it could be cheaper, many more people would buy them, IMO.

"So long, pop! I'm off to go check my tiger trap!"

Yeah, I also like the "Revenge of the babysat" arc.

Guest Julius Quasar

Yeah, I also like the "Revenge of the babysat" arc.

Oh yeah, when Calvin and Hobbes locked themselves in the bathroom after Calvin stole Rosalyn's Science Test notes, and then Calvin threatened to flush the science notes down the toilet.

And she caught them after threatening to call the fire department to bust the door down? That was good.

Ah I love that comic. My favorite was when he turned into a little tiger like Hobbes.  ^_^

Guest Julius Quasar

Ah I love that comic. My favorite was when he turned into a little tiger like Hobbes.  ^_^

Totally!

And I like it when they were gonna go to the Yukon.

Then there's Scientific Progress goes Boink

Then the insulting letters with magazine cutouts he gets from Hobbes and thinks they are from the IRS. ^^

Dang. All I have is "Something Under the Bed is Drooling" and it's pretty banged up. I need to collect them all!

I have a old book of the comics that my brother gave me YEARS ago.....i have loved it ever since (some of the episodes go on for MANY pages O_o)

Guest Mr. Mario

I like Calvin and Hobbes a lot...

I own:

Calvin and Hobbes

Something under the bed is drooling

Revenge of the baby-sat

Attack of the dangerous mutated snow goons (or however the h*ll it's spelled)

Weirdos from another planet

Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons ^^

I think I have almost all the albums with them. Been long since I read them though.

My favourite comic when I was growing up.  Why did Watterson stop making them anyways?  As far as I know he wasn't even that old when he decided to retire from that.

Guest Mr. Mario

My favourite comic when I was growing up.  Why did Watterson stop making them anyways?  As far as I know he wasn't even that old when he decided to retire from that.

That...is a excellent question, maybe people didn't care much about Calvin and Hobbes but then they only cared about Garfield, Dilbert or...whatever.

That...is a excellent question, maybe people didn't care much about Calvin and Hobbes but then they only cared about Garfield, Dilbert or...whatever.

Family Circus. That's what it is. Everyone loves Family Circus. God I hate that pos comic.

Calvin and Hobbes! I loved that comic! I had some of the books, they're in storage now. I should go dig them out, I have a feeling the kid would love them. My favorite strip comics growing up had to be this one, The Far Side, and Garfield (grumble all you want, but believe it or not, Garfield didn't use to be so lame. It was pretty funny...or I was too young to know better.)

Guest Mr. Mario

Family Circus. That's what it is. Everyone loves Family Circus. God I hate that pos comic.

Yeah that could be the possible comic that the people only cared about back then, I'm not surprised it is still around...