Co-op?

brotheroffalco

Alright, so I saw this on the GameFAQs forums and I thought it was a pretty cool idea and thought I'd run it by my favorite community and see what you guys thought.

The question is:  What do you think of having Co-op missions in Starfox 64 3D and how do you think it would be implemented?  I personally think it's a good idea to add something new to the experience.  It would also be a great excuse for them to ramp up the (at this point in most of our gaming careers) laughably easy gameplay in the original Starfox 64.  Plus it would open doors for a new form of head to head play with both players going through the stage at the same time and competing to get the most hits.  They could expand the routes to open up more of the world and add more rails, or simply make it so your partner appeared as a ghost right beside you so that you couldn't run into each other.  The could even make it so that you would run into your partner in order to emphasize on movement in 3D by being creative with the boost and brake.  It would be nice to have an actual useful wingman against Starwolf.  I'm sure there are other things I haven't thought of.

Discuss.

I like the idea of it. I hope they do put in something like that as an option, it would get more people to get their friends to buy it so they could do fun two/more player mode stuff, meaning more chance for the series to make an awesome comeback! :)

Guest FoXXX

Well, they could expand the missions. Have one person (Fox) do one part of the mission, have somebody else (Falco, Peppy, or Slippy) do another part of the mission. If they did this, maybe SF64 3DS won't be such a disappointment.

Also, why do you have to make your text so damn dark?

Haha sorry about that.  It's just kind of a traditional thing I've done since the old forums.  Back then me and a guy named Ramuza were pretty good buddies and he always posted in red text so I posted in Dark Red (maroon now)  It was a lot more visible with the old layout that had a much lighter background.

It'd be neat to have all the characters take a seperate path, and then where the paths normally cross in sf64, maybe have an unshackable enemy that someone else has to shoot down.

lol having 2 player mode would be good if 1 was krystal and the other fox, it would really make it awesome

Guest FoXXX

lol having 2 player mode would be good if 1 was krystal and the other fox, it would really make it awesome

Fox would end up shooting her :o

*shakes head* Spoken like a true Krystal fanatic, annoyingly oversized letters and all.  Don't get me wrong, I think Krystal has her place in starfox, but it's not in this game(unless of course as a bonus multiplayer character or maybe a second story.(Having a second, non-canonical story would be an awesome idea by the way nintendo if you happen to read this)), starfox canon is bad (Read: painful) enough without being retcon'd(Read: Raped) again.  Back on topic though I have to agree with Pointing Man that I think probably the best way, would be to have each character follow their own separate path through each level.  I mean how awesome would it be to see just exactly what your wingmen(Read: Slippy) were doing when they weren't screaming for your help.

Pro tip:  If you want to be taken seriously in a world that already judges people who like furries, especially krystal.  Use the standard letter size and proper grammer.  This greatly reduces the chances (but does not eliminate) that you will be automatically considered a n00b and immediately have all your reasoning discarded as false

Nah. Since it's a remake it needs to stay loyal to the original.

Who says it needs to be a complete copy of the original?

Nintendo did. When they remade it.

But, there is still a lot of time before its release, they can still change aspects of it.

Perhaps.

But Krystal will not be in it Nexus, its a damn remake of STAR FOX 64!!! SHE WASN'T EVEN IN THAT GAME!!!

Perhaps.

But Krystal will not be in it Nexus, its a damn remake of STAR FOX 64!!! SHE WASN'T EVEN IN THAT GAME!!!

Okay, let's not get all caps. :)

thank you  :lol:

thank you  :lol:

Would you rather me make my points in bold?

Would you rather me make my points in bold?

I would rather normal statements so it doesn't look like people are trying to start arguments, rather than carrying out a discussion. : /

I would rather normal statements so it doesn't look like people are trying to start arguments, rather than carrying out a discussion. : /

thank you, again

thank you, again

I apologize. Allow me to leave with my head hung in shame. <--- This is filled with sarcasm.

I'm not trying to start arguments with anyone. I just typed my opinion.

I apologize. Allow me to leave with my head hung in shame. <--- This is filled with sarcasm.

I'm not trying to start arguments with anyone. I just typed my opinion.

That's perfectly fine. Just caps can sometimes give people the wrong idea, and make it seem you are getting really pissed. But it is all good now. :)

That's perfectly fine. Just caps can sometimes give people the wrong idea, and make it seem you are getting really pissed. But it is all good now. :)

Lesson learned. I will not type in all caps unless I truly am pissed.

Guest FoXXX

Perhaps.

I would love to have Krystal in SF64 3DS, but this game is starting to sound more original :O

I would love to have Krystal in SF64 3DS, but this game is starting to sound more original :o

Sound original? How? Its a remake of a remake.

SF 64 3D = Remake of SF 64

SF 64 = Remake of SF SNES

Guest FoXXX

Sound original? How? Its a remake of a remake.

SF 64 3D = Remake of SF 64

SF 64 = Remake of SF SNES

No, I mean if they added Krystal, the game shouldn't be called "Star Fox 64"