What was the best Weapon to you in Star Fox Assault?

Guest Trace

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather McDonnell

• Prince Elite

• Thu'um

• Blaze the Sage

I would say... anything big, heavy, and sometimes goes boom! XD

such as the Homing rockets,the Gatling, the Remote rockets, Demon launcher, the sniper rifle, and the Demon Sniper, then there was the blaster rifle. those are my favorite guns

It's super effective! :P

^ pokemon sucks.  :P  :facepalm:

To think I wanted you on the alliance, but your just as bad as ajc.

The best weapon to me had to be the gatling gun.

Same here.

You know what would be great? If there was online battle for SFA......That would totally rock my world! XD

This Vs battle is E.P.I.C.

WARNING! HAS LANGUGE!

That's the kind of battle I wish I could have at my place...But noooooooooo.  :P

If they had just finished :( I've heard they planned to have LAN play, and where theres Lan play... Theres people who figure out how to make that lan play internet play.

• 4 months later...

1) The sensor bomb. Its detection radius was just ridiculous. If you go against a Falco or Wolf player, they will probably get caught in its range due to their speed.

2) Bomb burst pod. I always loved the quiet before the storm kind of feel it gave you. Also doing it on an arwing was just plain funny. Although first time I used it, I was wondering if it was a broken weapon or something. 2 seconds later, I got my answer.

Speaking from a single-player perspective, as I don't have a chance to really play multiplayer.

Without taking availability into account, the Gatling Gun is unquestionably the most powerful tool at your disposal. Most enemies you face are in your face, up close and personal, and if they're not, you can make them. The Gatling Gun is absurdly powerful, piercing the shielded enemies and annihilating anything you can think of in maybe... 10 shots max. The only thing it can't do is really far off enemies due to the spread, and the Radar Jammers on Corneria, but those can ONLY be destroyed by the Sniper Rifle. However... it is so few and far between that you rarely get a chance to see this awesome power, and it is generally saved as an "Oh shit" moment's last resort. Or to take out that one enemy/ies that has really been pissing you off.

Counting availability, the best weapon you have is none other than the standard Blaster. For weak, one-shottable enemies, it has a high rate of fire, it has infinite ammo, and it can be charged up - the only thing it cannot do is the Radar Jammers, and reliably hit moving air targets, and even then, if you DO hit the air target with a charged shot, you can kiss that thing's butt goodbye. The charge-up power of the Blaster is obscenely powerful. I understand that the designers wanted to make sure you always had the potential to defeat an enemy if all the weapon drops in the level had been somehow depleted, but not only do I feel they went FAR too overboard with the Charge-up's power, I think it's unneccesary in the first place with how many weapons you have access to. If you have used up EVERYTHING in a level that can hurt this thing, chances are you did it on purpose, or you're lucky to still be alive because holy god you're bad at this. And even then, I can think of no enemies in the game that are MANDATORY to defeat on-foot that are un-damagable by normal, uncharged blaster shots. Give it a slight charge so that it can pierce the shielded enemies, sure, but don't make that charged up shot the most powerful attack in the damn game.

The Blaster is by far the best weapon in Star Fox Assault - and if you don't believe me, consider this - a fully charged shot from the Blaster deals more damage than a charged laser from the Arwing.

Plasma Cannon, Machine Gun, Gatting Gun, and Homing Launcher for me.

I honestly didn't really like the Grenade or Sensor Bombs all that much.

The Blaster is very versatile, but the long time it needs to fully charge it can become a little annoying. I like the Sniper Rifle because it saves you a lot of time and shots with some enemies and targets.

Machine Gun thus far k_e_nod.gif

who needs a weapon, if it were me, I'd have defeated the aparoids without the need for one.

who needs a weapon, if it were me, I'd have defeated the aparoids without the need for one.

Have fun punching steel death machines. Enjoy assimilation and/or horrible impaling and/or laser-y demise.

Might I remind you that some of them have shields that some of the (rather highly advanced, I might point out) guns available can't punch through?

How do you plan to beat them without weapons, talk them into committing suicide?

Good luck with that and please invite me to your funeral.

by the way, defeating the aparoids without a weapon is simple, you simple sneak into queen's hive/nest/place/casa. Then a conveniently placed bomb next to a conveniently placed ammo dump takes care of the rest. it's war, Apocalypse style.

Here Comes the Pain!

Or there's another way to go about it, although a bit sacrificial. Intentionally get assimilated, and if you are strong minded enough, then you can cause your bit of sabotage.

Here Comes the Pain!

1) Good luck FINDING said Queen's home without analyzing a core memory. Acquired only by defeating powerful Aparoids. Which would probably take weapons. And that's ignoring the whole thing about, you know, getting to the Queen's chamber alive even if you could find it. That and there didn't seem to be much of a floor there. And unless you brought that ammo dump with you, you're outta luck there too.

2) Pro tip - bombs = weapons.

3) Err, no. The best General Pepper could do was talk, and for all we know he's a mental titan who simply doesn't have the firepower to take care of stuff. Pigma, while admittedly having the willpower of wet tissue paper, was completely absorbed mind and body, and Pepper, might I add, was having trouble saying as much as he did against the controlling force of the Aparoids. Getting assimilated by something like that isn't just a physical thing. Your free will, both mental and physical go bye-bye.

Blaze, just stop paying attention to him. Things will be easier.

Alright peep, no more offtopic time, ok? Next time, you get off with a warning, so keep it cool.

Blaze, just stop paying attention to him. Things will be easier.

Actually, I enjoy doing that. It's fun.

An on a topic-relevant note, I do have a certain appreciation for the Sniper Rifle, too. Especially nice for saving time blowing up those damn shield generators in the Aparoid city, gogo one-shotting everything in the damn game except Wolf and bosses.

..An on a topic-relevant note, I do have a certain appreciation for the Sniper Rifle, too. Especially nice for saving time blowing up those damn shield generators in the Aparoid city, gogo one-shotting everything in the damn game except Wolf and bosses.

I agree with this, the Sniper Rifle helps making the ground parts of that mission a little bit shorter, which is definitely a good thing. Grenades can also be very useful if you know how to use them, you can quickly throw a grenade into a hall full of enemies, get back into cover and simply wait for the grenade to do its job... it will destroy or seriously damage enemies within its radius, making things a lot easier and faster.

I also love activating a barrier just before entering a room full of enemies, and then planting sensor bombs below them... they're dead before they can realize what happened. :cool: