I have an idea...

TheRedFox8

What say that people in the military get their own member group? At least if will be something to recognize our guys and gals who answered the call to duty and risk their lives every day.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking of changing the name color to something different (like lavender, throwing a random color) and a little icon of the branch they are into.

What are your thoughts?

While a good idea from my point of view, I can pretty much guarantee it won't happen. DZComposer have stated he doesn't want specific parts of the community to have special colors, as he believe that can lead to elitism and fractures between the members. Besides, SF-O as a forum is meant to be politically neutral, and some of the military involvment the US armed forces have at the moment, can prove to be quite a hot topic.

I agree with Asper, and Red Fox. It is a nice gesture, and it's great to acknowledge what people are doing for their country, it's a very brave thing. But to make groups and colours for people who do this, and people who do that, I can see it leading to fights. I'm just reflecting on stuff I've seen in the past, maybe not here, but I've seen things. I'VE SEEN THINGS, MAN. Haha, seriously though, it's a lovely idea but I think, for the sake of peace, maybe we should just stick to recognising Site Staff. :)

I'm going to have to agree with Asper as well.  Besides, any discussion involving the military in general I'm sure people would be more then willing to discuss....in the pub that is.  :)

what if we were to at least recognize them, in some way....i mean...what harm is it if they put the symbols of their branch into their sig?

what if we were to at least recognize them, in some way....i mean...what harm is it if they put the symbols of their branch into their sig?

Same reasons. Miletery men are either nicest people ever, or the worst. Being a realist I tend to upset them too.

Also, every group will want there own banner, icon ect. Having a common thing to put in your sig is fine, but any kind of official stamp is asking for trouble.

Same reasons. Miletery men are either nicest people ever, or the worst. Being a realist I tend to upset them too.

Also, every group will want there own banner, icon ect. Having a common thing to put in your sig is fine, but any kind of official stamp is asking for trouble.

:? good point