45 second posting rule

Sapphire

Just a little complaint, but it's really bugging be how when I fly through posting this message always comes up:

The last posting from your IP was less than 45 seconds ago. Please try again later.

I can understand if this is a thing that just comes with the website and there's no way this can be changed. That's fine.

I'm just curious if this message can be avoided.

It's needed for "Flood Control" of posts, mainly.

Well what's that?

Oh my god there it was again....now I got to copy all of this text and paste it again :oops:

I get it too, just kicks in randomly sometimes and even after 10 minutes it wont let me post, usually I have to wait for someone else to post in those situations.

Well what's that?

Oh my god there it was again....now I got to copy all of this text and paste it again :oops:

It keeps people from spamming one worded posts. It's annoying though :/

EDIT

I get it too, just kicks in randomly sometimes and even after 10 minutes it wont let me post, usually I have to wait for someone else to post in those situations.

Huh? O_o

We choose not to. :| Can't you wait 45 seconds? You could make a burrito or something.

You guys forget, we have to moderate what you guys post. And there's like 5 time more of you than there are of us.

Haha this rule was kickin my ass the other day. And then you go back, wait 45 seconds, copy and paste all the text only to have the damn thing go "Oops you may have double posted. Please go back and try again"  :x

We choose not to. :| Can't you wait 45 seconds? You could make a burrito or something.

You guys forget, we have to moderate what you guys post. And there's like 5 time more of you than there are of us.

At least make it like 35!

And no I cannot wait 45 seconds.

And if I did make a burrito everytime that happened I would get fat.

Can't we at least wait and see what DZ has to say? Maybe he'll come save the day :lol:

Guest Julius Quasar

Personally I don't mind...I know some other folks who run forums like these, and I once co-ran a web forum (not Star Fox oriented), and we definitely needed flood control.

At least make it like 35!

And no I cannot wait 45 seconds.

And if I did make a burrito everytime that happened I would get fat.

Can't we at least wait and see what DZ has to say? Maybe he'll come save the day :lol:

I think it's more an issue of it accidently going off. Let's face it, if you need to post that fast, are you posting anything worth reading?

I think it's more an issue of it accidently going off. Let's face it, if you need to post that fast, are you posting anything worth reading?

That is a good point, and I do agree with it for the most part. :)

It's needed for "Flood Control" of posts, mainly.

totally agree.....it is either that or you would get the

While you were posting, someone else posted before you....bleh de blah de blah

Now I can see why nobody likes you :lol:

And yes, because I type fast. :x

From my point of view, a good reply to a post would take more than 1 minute, between making at least a paragraph with enough words to make it good and the usual spell check, among other things.

I do agree this becomes annoying if the only thing you are saying, let's say, is "hell yeah, this is really awesome!" or something like that. Then again, I guess this rule was enforced to make everyone write things that require a little bit of brain instead of fast fingers  :lol:

Guest Para Astaroth

In my opinion, I believe the admins created this to stop the constant spamming of posts every two seconds on several topics they are monitoring.  I think it's a smart idea since this wouldn't be much of a site with spam posting.

Guest Julius Quasar

In my opinion, I believe the admins created this to stop the constant spamming of posts every two seconds on several topics they are monitoring.  I think it's a smart idea since this wouldn't be much of a site with spam posting.

^Agreed! 

I do agree this becomes annoying if the only thing you are saying, let's say, is "hell yeah, this is really awesome!" or something like that. Then again, I guess this rule was enforced to make everyone write things that require a little bit of brain instead of fast fingers  :lol:

I can type pretty fast. Not to be bragging :lol:

But maybe if you Admin dudes could just turn down the juice a little bit....35 maybe? I'd settle with that.

I can type pretty fast. Not to be bragging :lol:

But maybe if you Admin dudes could just turn down the juice a little bit....35 maybe? I'd settle with that.

It's more about your posts being no longer than one sentence half of the time. The rule was enforced ( I assume, I didn't even know we had a rule for this until I checked this topic) to encourage people to make longer and richer posts. I'm not talking about wall of words, but something along the lines of a good paragraph when it's really needed.

It's more about your posts being no longer than one sentence half of the time. The rule was enforced ( I assume, I didn't even know we had a rule for this until I checked this topic) to encourage people to make longer and richer posts. I'm not talking about wall of words, but something along the lines of a good paragraph when it's really needed.

So you'd rather have people post like a paragraph instead of simply saying "yeah"?

So you'd rather have people post like a paragraph instead of simply saying "yeah"?

What he is trying to get at is if you are going to post just to agree with something, is to also say as to why, or your own thoughts to it too.... I thinks so at least. Basically make smart, more meaningful posts. Not a paragraph, needless to say, but not just one or two words.

Chill out, I didn't make the rule xD. I also said that some posts don't require a paragraph, but it does get annoying whenever people are debating or talking about something and they get a random person going "lol yeah, you are right" all the time, instead of going "yes, you are right because blahblahblahblah".

I would personally make the wait time be 20 seconds, but like I said, it's not entirely my call.

Chill out, I didn't make the rule xD. I also said that some posts don't require a paragraph, but it does get annoying whenever people are debating or talking about something and they get a random person going "lol yeah, you are right" all the time, instead of going "yes, you are right because blahblahblahblah".

I would personally make the wait time be 20 seconds, but like I said, it's not entirely my call.

DZ, eh?

Well, I'm sure he'll make the right decision best for the forum. :)