What's wrong with the Chat Room?

Sapphire

I try to go into it alot but I don't really understand how to log in. And when I do fill in 'stuff' it just comes up with a blank screen.

You need Java Runtime Environment in order to use it.

Java

:)

Yeah, without Java it won't work.

I'm in there right now but I don't think I've ever seen anyone use it before. :/  Personally I wish more SFO members would get or post their msn info in their profile but of course that's just my preference.  There are many of you I consider friends but don't have any IM software I think.

Guest Para Astaroth

I don't use MSN, but I'm always on Yahoo!/Skype every night.  So, hook me up sometime on one of the two, User  :P

Yeah, I have Java, but I don't have the password -- or whatever -- for myself to get onto the chatrooms.  I don't know, but I'll give it a shot right now. :|

I don't use MSN, but I'm always on Yahoo!/Skype every night.  So, hook me up sometime on one of the two, User  :P

I can't remember my Yahoo information (haven't used it in years) and Skype needs to be reinstalled, heh. :)

Guest Para Astaroth

I can't remember my Yahoo information (haven't used it in years) and Skype needs to be reinstalled, heh. :)

Well, that sucks some major nuttsacks.  Lemme get onto my MSN and see if I can remember my crap on there so I can install MSN IM, and I'll send you a PM once I get it installed.

Get an IRC client, they a little more advanced, but they do the job.

I used to use hydra

http://www.hydrairc.com/

As for skeptical-ness. I don't understand what you mean. A skeptic is a person who questions and demands evidence.

Get an IRC client, they a little more advanced, but they do the job.

I used to use hydra

http://www.hydrairc.com/

As for skeptical-ness. I don't understand what you mean. A skeptic is a person who questions and demands evidence.

I demand the source codes to this chat room.

I question the security of the client.

I would like to know for sure it's fine.

Maybe it wasn't the right word to use, it was just in my head as I

was typing and i couldn't think of another :P

I'm always skeptic about allowing all the unblocking

and permissions just to get to the chat room.

I still do occasionally though.

Well, it's IRC. IRC runs on a different port than normal web stuff. To use IRC, you have to unblock the port. Yes, there are poeple who do malicious things over IRC, but not on the Zonexus network. It's a private network. Yeah, you'd need to be more careful on Quakenet or ESPERnet, but Zonexus is small and not a big target.

and talk to nobody.

lol

BUT there's gotta be SOMEBODY there....right? Maybe at least a chatroom Mod?

lol

BUT there's gotta be SOMEBODY there....right? Maybe at least a chatroom Mod?

Everyone who I talk to on SF-O via instant message I use msn for.  The KLA was very much like that as most of the active members had msn accounts.  Personally, it would be nice to see more SF-O members with them.  :|

• Owner/Technical Admin

Everyone who I talk to on SF-O via instant message I use msn for.  The KLA was very much like that as most of the active members had msn accounts.  Personally, it would be nice to see more SF-O members with them.  :|

My MSN is in my profile. Feel free to msg me if you wanna talk.

Well, it's IRC. IRC runs on a different port than normal web stuff. To use IRC, you have to unblock the port. Yes, there are poeple who do malicious things over IRC, but not on the Zonexus network. It's a private network. Yeah, you'd need to be more careful on Quakenet or ESPERnet, but Zonexus is small and not a big target.

Ah, gotcha.

I appreciate the info :wink: