m

fox1235

I've heard most of it over audio on Youtube. Very intense story, almost seems real the way each scene is described. My opinion however is biased since I'm such a fan of anything zombie related.

Have you read the "Zombie Survival Guide", the same guy who made "World War Z" made it.

I have that book! LOVE IT! :yes: (and welcome to SF-O, Legion :welcome: )

My friend let me borrow that book, it was AWESOME! (Thank you)

My one complaint with the zombie survival guide is not with the book, but the fans. They keep quoting that book as gosple.

"That game/joke/film/comment is wrong. The guide says X and so that is the one and only way!"

I'm thinking of kicking people in the balls whenever they say "Carbine and machette."

It makes sense since some people would look at the title and take it as the absolute truth in what you need to do in surviving a zombie apocalypse. However what they don't understand that stories for movies, games lines from jokes and comments are all just expressions of what one person in particular believes. Therefor the zombie guide doesn't matter when you're dealing with them.

I myself do not take it as the truth, but as one mans opinion of how it's done.

My one complaint with the zombie survival guide is not with the book, but the fans. They keep quoting that book as gosple.

"That game/joke/film/comment is wrong. The guide says X and so that is the one and only way!"

I'm thinking of kicking people in the balls whenever they say "Carbine and machette."

I'm sorta of gulity of that, he has said he does research about it and stuff which makes it sound so accurate.

Anyone thought of all the political things that happened in it like China covering the first outbreak up , America denying it, and Israel the first to respond?

It's more then that, for a start, without any regen zombies would fall apart in a week or less. Also either one would be so slow it would never catch anyone, or so fast as to kill off it's own food supply.

As for real life zombies, they do exsist, but it's in ants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiocordyceps

1277154395807.jpg

Guess you don't really like the zombie genre.

Again its still fiction. He just wants you do feel whats its like and what your facing.

Guess you don't really like the zombie genre.

Again its still fiction. He just wants you do feel whats its like and what your facing.

I love zombie fiction.

I hate it when they actually try and be super srs bsns about it, because zombies are a ridiculous concept. And that is exactly what Max Brooks and his fanboys do.

I love zombie fiction.

I hate it when they actually try and be super srs bsns about it, because zombies are a ridiculous concept. And that is exactly what Max Brooks and his fanboys do.

He justs mostly bases on the George Romero movies(except for the zombies gaining intelligente thing in Land of the Dead)

He justs mostly bases on the George Romero movies(except for the zombies gaining intelligente thing in Land of the Dead)

When it comes to zombies there are 3 basic types. 1 is the voodoo style original stuff. The other is the Romero style "Destroy the brain or cut off the head" type that is most common because it's the most 'realistic' but being the most realistic is still far away from reality. The third is the 28 days 'fast' zombie that are basicly humans that want to kill you with their bare hands. All of which have an obvious flaw which is why there is no real zombie virus.

Of course there are many more types, RE4s tool using ones, or the comedy only "Braaaains" style zombies. Speculating on a zombie survival plan is fun. They also make a great plot device. There is a comic called "High school of the Dead" which is a typical teen coming of age story with a little unwanted harem in it. The zombies are actually (iirc) fairly trivial after the first issue acting only as a plot device to get people into various situations. I think to many zombie films/books get to caught up in the possable science behind it rather then the story itself. In dawn of the dead you never learn what it is creating the zombies.

I think to many zombie films/books get to caught up in the possable science behind it rather then the story itself. In dawn of the dead you never learn what it is creating the zombies.

THIS. 100 TIMES THIS.

THIS. 100 TIMES THIS.

AS much as id hate to admit it, he is right.