j

fox1235

Crap. The whole list is crap. Let's face it, who didn't expect the over rated band of all time to be at number 1? Also how is Madonna above REM? It makes no sence.

oh wow that list is messed up man

Crap. The whole list is crap. Let's face it, who didn't expect the over rated band of all time to be at number 1? Also how is Madonna above REM? It makes no sence.

Yeah I know VH1 makes these list based on poplurity instead of quality.

And I thought a person from Britian like you would boost about how a British band came out number 1 on a American dominated list. (I should also note throughout the show they kept giving hints of MJ being 1)

i'm angry that pearl jam is as low as it is

Piss and moan all you want about the Beatles you babies, but their INFLUENCE is undeniably one of the most powerful of the 20th century musical world. This isn't just about how good the music is, its about how they shaped music and the culture surrounding them at their own time.

Guest Julius Quasar

If you haven't seen the show yet here it is.

100 Alicia Keys

99 Hall & Oates

98 Depeche Mode

97 Pretenders

96 Journey

95 OutKast

94 Mariah Carey

93 Pearl Jam (I hate those losers, especially Eddie Vedder!)

92 LL Cool J

91 Green Day (douchebags)

90 Elvis Costello ?

89 Beastie Boys

88 Bee Gees

87 George Michael ?

86 N.W.A.

85 The Band

84 Curtis Mayfield ?

83 Earth, Wind and Fire ?

82 Steely Dan ?

81 ABBA

80 Mary J. Blige ?

79 Eminem

78 Judas Priest

77 Lynyrd Skynyrd

76 Run-D.M.C.

75 Rush

74 The Cure

73 Van Morrison ?

72 Janis Joplin

71 R.E.M.

70 Def Leppard

69 Tupac Shakur

68 Otis Redding ?

67 Coldplay (those guys suck!)

66 Justin Timberlake

65 The Doors

64 Talking Heads

63 Notorious B.I.G.

62 Genesis ?

61 Cream ?

60 Whitney Houston

59 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

58 Cheap Trick

57 Iggy & The Stooges ?

56 KISS

55 Peter Gabriel

54 Public Enemy

53 Little Richard

52 Beyoncé

51 Billy Joel

50 Sade ?

49 Parliament-Funkadelic

48 Rage Against The Machine

47 Jay-Z

46 Ramones

45 Al Green

44 Joni Mitchell ?

43 Ray Charles

42 Metallica

41 Van Halen

40 The Police

39 The Kinks ?

38 Sly & The Family Stone

37 Fleetwood Mac

36 Paul McCartney

35 Johnny Cash

34 Tina Turner

33 Guns N’ Roses

32 Black Sabbath

31 John Lennon (Damn you Yoko!)

30 Aerosmith

29 Radiohead

28 Elton John

27 Aretha Franklin

26 Neil Young ?

25 Chuck Berry

24 The Velvet Underground

23 AC/DC

22 The Clash ?

21 Bruce Springsteen

20 Marvin Gaye

19 U2

18 Pink Floyd

17 Queen

16 Madonna

15 The Beach Boys

14 Nirvana

13 The Who

12 David Bowie

11 Bob Marley

10 Stevie Wonder

09 James Brown

08 Elvis Presley

07 Prince

06 Jimi Hendrix

05 Rolling Stones

04 Led Zeppelin

03 Bob Dylan

02 Michael Jackson

01 The Beatles

Personally I feel like alot where left out, but alot of people I liked were there. I think that they should have done some like 300 people instead to include more.

Some people shouldn't have been in that list at all.  Those are the ones I crossed out.  The ones with the ? next to them, I've either never heard them or never heard of them.  But there were some that deserved to be there, and others that were unfairly left out. 

The Beatles were talented guys...a friend of mine met George Harrison (No, he did not say "Oh my God!  Oh my God!  Where did you get that brownie!?" :lol: )

Why the Beatles?!? Why?!? Why?!?!?

Nostalgia + popular. MJ is 2 because he died recently.

Yeah I know VH1 makes these list based on poplurity instead of quality.

And I thought a person from Britian like you would boost about how a British band came out number 1 on a American dominated list. (I should also note throughout the show they kept giving hints of MJ being 1)

Im also obsesed with tea and have bad teeth. They over rated, and tbh not special imo.

Some people shouldn't have been in that list at all.  Those are the ones I crossed out.  The ones with the ? next to them, I've either never heard them or never heard of them.  But there were some that deserved to be there, and others that were unfairly left out. 

The Beatles were talented guys...a friend of mine met George Harrison (No, he did not say "Oh my God!  Oh my God!  Where did you get that brownie!?" :lol: )

nice edit there my friend lol

Haven't even heard of 3/4 of that list, and only like less than that. Surprised Cher isn't up there, given how long she was making hit songs.

But VH1 tends to not know shit about music in their polls. They said The Final Countdown was the worst metal song for stupid reasons, such as, "You can't make a metal song about blasting off into space," rather than based on the sound of the song. I saw the person on there say that, and just asked, "Who in the hell made you the Pope of metal? Who the hell are you, anyway, never heard of you before." They also said American Pie was the worst song ever made, despite the fact that it is one of the most popular and played songs of all time, and was a #1 hit for Lord knows how long.

Nostalgia + popular. MJ is 2 because he died recently.

Im also obsesed with tea and have bad teeth. They over rated, and tbh not special imo.

I guess I did stereotype you a little bit there, sorry.

Man Julius you erased alot of my favorites from that list.

I also guess your not a fan of hip-hop.

Meh, I don't care much about the list; they're like Game Informer and/or Entertainment Weekly of music. According to one writer for EW, Drawn Together (a show that I like) is absolutely awful and gave it an F. Game Informer gave Brawl a 9.5/10 even though the physics were different from the last two games, characters had the same exact Final Smash moves, no Japanese audio option, etc.

My main point is that don't let some list/opinion from a bunch of big guys get to you.

>The Final Countdown was the worst metal song...

Isn't that song more hard rock than metal? Who knows, maybe VH1 mislabeled it as a metal song or I'm just basing my question on good ol' Wikipedia.

It's technically '80s metal, though I agree it's more rock than metal. There's just so many different types of metal now that the '80s stuff isn't usually considered it anymore.

USUALLY when I see something like this, I EXTREMELY disagree with it....music wise.

And WHOOT for Nirvana getting #14, great band. :cool:

So much true man!

Those morons don't know how to rate music.

Sad part is that VH1 is the only place were they don't play Ke$ha or Justin Bieber.

"throws up"

Sad part is that VH1 is the only place were they don't play Ke$ha or Justin Bieber.

"throws up"

Justin Bieber isn't music. It's torture for ears.

I'm still baffled at how many people are completely bashing VH1 for their opinions. If they were trying to force everyone in the world to agree with them, maybe, but all these "Top 100" shows and such are purely opinion. No reason to rage so much, folks.

Guest Julius Quasar

Justin Bieber isn't music. It's torture for ears.

Agreed!

Man Julius you erased alot of my favorites from that list.

I also guess your not a fan of hip-hop.

No offense phenom64, but I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear than to listen to rap or hip-hop.

:lol:

I'm still baffled at how many people are completely bashing VH1 for their opinions. If they were trying to force everyone in the world to agree with them, maybe, but all these "Top 100" shows and such are purely opinion. No reason to rage so much, folks.

RAEG RAEG REAG

Same point I made in my last post: don't let VH1 opinions get to you guys and you'll be happy.