Goldeneye 007

Fox-Shot

I recently bought Goldeneye 007 and enjoyed it a lot, anyone else here have it and liked it?  Want to share friend codes?

My code is 157101227864.

Don't have it myself, but how is that game? The controls wonky at all?

Can't speak for myself, just what I have read. Apparently it's a good FPS, just not goldeneye.

No, I use the classic controller and it's smooth, and the Wiimote+Nunchuck/Zapper work fine.  You can actually lean with the remote to lean in the game.

Can't speak for myself, just what I have read. Apparently it's a good FPS, just not goldeneye.

It's impossible to be like Goldeneye when dual stick exists, but it has a lot of the run and gun, side missions, and action phases that can feel like the original.

Friend of mine tells me its everything that made the original N64 hit good, updated for modern audiences, with some changes here and there (like CraigBond).

So sounds worth it to me.

I have come to the conclusion that Sabre cannot ever be pleased. :troll:

I have come to the conclusion that Sabre cannot ever be pleased. :troll:

You're just now concluding this?  :trollface:

I bought it on launch day, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

I view it not so much as a remake of the GoldenEye game, (despite some throwbacks to it such as the opening to the dam level, and the color scheme of Archive level to name some) but more as a re-imagining of the movie GoldenEye. And from gameplay to the reworked story, I think they did a great job.

My only complaint is this. While Trevelyan's scheme is pretty much the same, I found his motives presented in the movie to be better than the game's, as they give his story a bit of a tragic twist. The game however just makes him the stereotypical douchebag enemy.

I bought it on launch day, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

I view it not so much as a remake of the GoldenEye game, (despite some throwbacks to it such as the opening to the dam level, and the color scheme of Archive level to name some) but more as a re-imagining of the movie GoldenEye. And from gameplay to the reworked story, I think they did a great job.

My only complaint is this. While Trevelyan's scheme is pretty much the same, I found his motives presented in the movie to be better than the game's, as they give his story a bit of a tragic twist. The game however just makes him the stereotypical douchebag enemy.

Seems to be the general opinion of it. Personally, I prefer the old bond, but it's the lack of sean bean that's a problem.