Braux's little corner

Braux

As most of you are aware, I was gone for an extended period of time, and now that I come back, things have definitely changed.

The thing is that I don't know what happened to the community, I've lurked in and about on here, and what can I say? I don't really know the current members, so PM me on the changes if you really care.

Other than that I've been addicted to Minecraft, I haven't played online yet, mainly because my computer specs are crap, hopefully I'll get some RAM sticks or whatever they're called to speed up my computer. Just to keep bearable framerate I need to put the draw-distance on low, ugh a pain in the ass, s'pecally when dealing with those skeletons... >.<

And, my day is packed tomorrow, tutoring for Geometry (crap class, half the stuff were learning isn't even going to be relevant to our jobs.) I probably got a movie-date later in the day (:D) and I got to practice in our band.

Did I mention I'm in a band? Yeah, I'm pretty much the bass player which means I stand in the back, keep a steady beat, and zone in and out of consciousness every once and a while. Band members include: 1 Drummer, 2 Bassists, and 2 Guitarists. (Yes, 2 bassists, weird I know.)

My art: I've worked on it a little bit, not much though. In my IT class I learned how to work GIMP, it pretty much replaced Paint.net for me. I'll probably post it one here, or start another art thread. I dunno, depends on how active I'm on this site for the next few weeks.

Soooooooooooooo.... I'd like to get to know some new members, drop by and reply, I'll most likely be commenting from my phone due to my lack of computer time.

Soundtrack for tonight: Welcome to Paradise, Green Day

Welcome back, it is always nice to see some old faces, even though this is the first time I believe I have met you :D

Welcome back, it is always nice to see some old faces, even though this is the first time I believe I have met you :D

Thanks, good to meet someone I've never met before... Nice avi, wheres it from?

Uh, band practice, I'm a little pissed at the drummer and my brother, whom both started this whole idea of the band. Next thing you know, they have no clue what our setlist is and our first "gig", I dunno what to call it, is coming up in less than a week.

Now for something intresting: We found some kittens underneath one of our cars! I took some grainy pictures with my blackberry, I'll see if I can post them up here. Were taking them to the humane society on monday...

Thanks, good to meet someone I've never met before... Nice avi, wheres it from?

Uh, band practice, I'm a little pissed at the drummer and my brother, whom both started this whole idea of the band. Next thing you know, they have no clue what our setlist is and our first "gig", I dunno what to call it, is coming up in less than a week.

Now for something intresting: We found some kittens underneath one of our cars! I took some grainy pictures with my blackberry, I'll see if I can post them up here. Were taking them to the humane society on monday...

Its from the flash Supah Nin10Doh, but I edited the coloring to my FC, in the RP section

^Kewl, loved that starfox portion of Nin10d'oh.

Knoticed that everyone's journal post begins or has "The life of..." in it.  :?

Well, tomorrows the thingy were sposed to play at, and guess who's totally not prepared?  :lol:

Yeah, so my day was pretty normal, waking up at the crack of noon, getting some chores done, eating a toaster pastery and getting on the computer to do something for my IT class. As usual I forgot it and now I'm probably doomed, my grades are pretty shit. At one end: A's and B's, at the other: D's and F's, seriously I think that private school is going to kill me.  :x

So usually at about 7 PM it gets dark around here, so I get the great idea of taking a bike ride downtown, and from there I usually go wherever I feel like. Its intresting, I do these 2-3 mile rides and never seem to lose weight. Its intense cardio too at times, uphill usually, and I'm a pretty chunky guy, Heh.

So I'm outside in the dark freezing my as_ off, and I see this dog, it must be lost because the nearest residental area is 3 or 4 blocks away. I try to get its attention, but to no avail. I should bring some food next time I go, plus I just wanna be nice...

Something I've knoticed at school, everyone's getting sick. Complaints about flu shots not working are rampant, and about 2 or so people are gone constantly, one of my friends has been sick twice! I think I've found the answer:

Turmeric

My dad is pretty notorious for making some great cooking, 'specially since he lived in ND, he picked up some intresting French/Native American recipies. Lately hes been cooking alot of eastern food, Curries in particular. Tumeric is the main ingredient, its apparently some magicial spice that does many benifical things to your body, I mean, Damn! Here we are, modern America, everyday drugs have these side-effects that are probably just as bad as what you wanted treated, and this spice being used for thousands of years beats it down. So far from my experience, I have'nt had ANY complaints after ingestion, I feel fine.

http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/20-health-benefits-of-turmeric.html

So I tell some of my friends about this, first thing out of their mouths:

Indian food gives me the sh*ts...

...Can't please everyone...

Awesome news, we played our first "gig" (Church feed, crowd of +60 but heck, it counts.) And someone there said that if we practice a bit more, he'd be glad to sign us up for a downtown event called "summer nights", its a pretty big event, since about 2,000 or people from our city go there every friday. We'd be opening, but hey, its pretty awesome! :D

So our setlist went as followed:

-Some Ron Pope song our main singer did on acoustic

-Pride and Joy by Stevie Ray Vaughn, RIP

-"Jam" session (solo's, keeping a main beat)

-Purple Haze instrumental

-Another "Jam"

-Eas West by Eric Johnson

-SRV by Eric Johnson

-Ended with our singer doing some peice on piano

Then that's about it, if we did any more then I would'nt know, I'm tired but happy.

Wow, I've hardly seen any bands be able to make it with 2 bassists.

You play 4,5,6, or 8 string bass?

Yeah, we need to scratch one of us, its either me (lead guitarist's brother) or the him (our drummer's brother) so getting it to work out might be hard. :/

Its a 4 string, any more and I think i'd rather play guitar.

Why do that when you can have one bassist as a 'Lead Bassist'? Lynyrd Skynyrd had 4 guitarists. And John Entwistle and Cliff Burton both pretty much invented a lead bass player.