Snow...

Braux

So its about that time of year again, today was our first major snowstorm, we ended up with 3 inches of the stuff. We usually get storms like this in October.

I remembered while shoveling today, a time when I actually felt fear of the snow, crazy I know...  :lol:

I was about 9 and we had this enormous blizzard, leaving almost a 2 or so feet. So when it cleared out we had to shovel. (A process that easily took 3 hours.)

Anyways, we had a garage under the house, and our car in front of it. Well half of our car was filled, easily with 2 or more feet, I had the brilliant idea of trying to get some of that snow off of it, as I leaned over the edge to clear some off the hood, I started to slip (ice) and smartly, fell backwards.

Having alot of snow gear on isn't very flexible, and with a consistancy of half powder, half packed, I was stuck laying on my back, moving wasn't that easy.

I finally grabbed a fixture that held an overhead light, I pulled myself up, but I was at least out there for 5 minutes, MP3 player going. Nobody could hear me since they all were inside, I was scared out of my mind at the time, but I laugh at the thought now.

So, discuss snow here:

This'll sound kinda freaky with you getting Snow now, but here at my college in Springfield Missouri, we just had a tornado and a freak thunderstorm roll through today, they forced us down into the dorm basement and everything!

Normally there should be snow on the ground here by now from what I've heard! O_o

Haven't seen snow up close in... I'd say a good 13 years, at least.

This'll sound kinda freaky with you getting Snow now, but here at my college in Springfield Missouri, we just had a tornado and a freak thunderstorm roll through today, they forced us down into the dorm basement and everything!

Normally there should be snow on the ground here by now from what I've heard! O_o

Wow, I heard of weird weather here in SD, but man, that beats it...

Haven't seen snow up close in... I'd say a good 13 years, at least.

Living in the bahamas or something? XP

Living in the bahamas or something? XP

SoCal, and hating every minute of it.

well, thats global cooling or...whatever they csll it now for you! ^_^

(i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE SNOW!. i havent seen it or touched it for a looong time though.....mabye one day ill do so again....we'll see abou that....)

Good to hear you like though :yes:

As soon as I left the house this morning, literally the very second I left, it started snowing. It stopped now but it hasn't snowed since spring break of last year. And that doesn't even make sense.

As soon as I left the house this morning, literally the very second I left, it started snowing. It stopped now but it hasn't snowed since spring break of last year. And that doesn't even make sense.

well, this an ever-changing world we live on; sometime we must ty to expect the unexpected.....

I like snow but I always fall over. I do think it's a beautiful weather form, and I love Christmas. Snow makes me want Christmas. :D

I like snow but I always fall over. I do think it's a beautiful weather form, and I love Christmas. Snow makes me want Christmas. :D

Me too, shame it isn't coming for a month and a few days.

At first, when I was younger, I loved the idea of snow in my country.

O-Rly, I L0/3D it. It would be nice to play on the snow, right? It would be nice

to make snowpeoples, right?

... ... ...

Oh man, how wrong were I! The cold! I CAN NOT STAND THE COLD!

It hurts me like you have no idea!...

I mean, I like the white. But why the F*** it had to snow DURING SCHOOL TERM??

Those pesky idiots at the school, allways "you have to come to school no matter what",

I catched two or three colds just because of it! Duh!...

*sigh*

So well, negativity aside, I have nothing against snow. But I do not want it to 'come'.

I want to be able to 'go' to a place with snow. But please, Mr. Cool, stay out of my country.

I LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEE snow!  :D

Thus it is a real good thing I live in Minne-snow-ta  :lol:

Too bad it hasn't snowed much yet  :?

Fun fact about snow. It hates the Dutch, and the feeling is very much mutual.XD-2.gif