Strange lag that shows up every five seconds...

RPGmaster2000

I've had this problem for a few days now and it's really starting to tick me off. Everytime i start an application using 3D graphics, there's a lag for every five seconds that only lasts a split second but is enough to get me killed in Unreal Tournament a number of times. >_> I'm using an ATI Radeon 9250 graphics card and so far i've been playing Unreal Torunament 2004, Star Trek: Bridge Commander and various games on Project64, all of them has this problem. So any help would be appreciated.

I've downloaded the latest ATI drivers and i swept my computer free from viruses, no help there.

Now i've also noticed that it shows up everytime a view a movie in Winamp as well. >_> Maybe there's something wrong with the computer?

Sounds like a DirectX problem. Upgrade DirectX to the latest version.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx

Every time i try to install the DirectX it keeps giving me an error message about some file being unreliable. (Sorry i can't give you the full message, but it's in swedish and some of those words just can't be translated properly.) And something about Cryptographic Services requiring activation, even though it's active. >_>

Can you get the exact text of the crypto services error?

Sorry, what i said was basically it. "Make sure Cryptographic Services are activated.". I've checked it and it's been on all the time. And something about a file being unreliable, but it won't tell me which one.