Tales of Noir: Perceptive

Harmony Descent

RP Name/Title- (Look at topic title)

Style-  Forum

Theme-  Dark

Setting-  Noir Corneria (If you don't know what "Noir" means, google it)

Description- 

Every bustling city in the future has it's darkest counterparts.  Every soul has it's corrupted side.  Not every being is lucky enough to be born without one.  That's where things change.

The year is 2056, Corneria.  The city is dark, the streets, yet still daylight, frolic with excited and naive go-getters that seem to let the greatness get to their damn minds.  Majority of the time, it gets them into s**t that envelopes into another thing, that happens to snatch another life, and send that idiot to the pound.  Everthing's fine...  Until that ball of light falls down pass that horizon.

When night falls, that's when the creepers come out.  Usually, gang violence is common amongst these parts and drug-trafficing has it's mainstream populace.  Around some corner, an innocent bystander is getting mugged; down every alleyway, a diluted fool is being stabbed or shot; in that VERY city, that's where I stand my ground.  It's been nearly ten years, and I am getting very sick and tired of it....

I was investigating a kidnapping:  Little girl that goes by the name of "Joy Stiels".  Funny name, I know.  I was young then; I let too many criminals get away with things.  Had to break a man's arm for information.  Now, I have to locate this little girl and return her back to her family. 

But not only that...  I have a feeling the FDA is eyeing me like a hawk...

Goal-  Help the main protagonist, Tim "Rorschach" Allad, investigate his kidnapping case and find the man responsible for it, take him into custody, then progress from there on.  (If you know what this story is based off of, DO NOT SPOIL IT FOR THE REST!  Let them figure it out :))

Player count-  Unlimited

Protagonist

Tim "Rorschach" Allad

(Harmony Descent)

Antagonist(s)

Street gang bustlers

(Harmony Descent/Xort)

FDA (Federal Detective Agency)

(Harmony Descent)

Suspect convicted of kidnapping (Name revealed later in story)

(Harmony Descent)

Fan and Other Affiliated Characters

Harasaki

(Mr. Nintendo)

Salvador, working for FDA/antagonist

(emperoroflylat)

Kursed, helping "Rorschach"/protagonist

(Kursed)

Scott, helping "Rorschach"/protagonist

(OneWingedAngel)

Red Longspear, controlling own gang/antagonist

(Xort)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harmony Descent

• The Shaper

• Fira-Astrali

• Salem

Guest Mr. Mario

(I'll PM you from some idea I think you got it off of so I wouldn't go "Spoiling" for the users here.)

If it is possible, I would like to use Butch (My most recent character creation.) unless you have any better ideas than me.

Mein commandant, will Salvador be acceptable? (At the bottom) http://forums.starfox-online.net/index.php?topic=8377.15

Mein commandant, will Salvador be acceptable? (At the bottom) http://forums.starfox-online.net/index.php?topic=8377.15

I'll accept him, but judging by what his bio/background is, it sounds like he's working more for the FDA. :?  Would you want him there or do you want to use another character? :)

I'll accept him, but judging by what his bio/background is, it sounds like he's working more for the FDA. :?  Would you want him there or do you want to use another character? :)

He could work for them.

Alrighty then  :wink:

Also if you could give me a briefing on what they do and if they are allied with any of the other antagonists?

As requested by emperoroflylat, I will briefly describe what the main antagonists do:

Street gang bustlers

Just your ordinary thugs around the streets, more active at night than during daytime, drug-trafficing is more streamed by this group, very hostile to EVERYONE except people that give them information about 'things'.

The MAIN guys that everyone should be worried about.  They are the big guns of the law and will use just about as much force to take down a suspect if needed.  For instance, if there is an escaped convict on the loose, expect a small army force or several S.W.A.T. units deployed to locate him/her.  If they are captured, they are to be killed on retrieval -- No questions asked.  Also, they have the ENTIRE bios of EVERYONE in Corneria Noir, so expect these guys to know EVERYTHING about your character.  To sum it all up, they're like insane trolls being injected with a high dosage of assholeness.

Suspect convicted of kidnapping

You are looking for this man for now.  The FDA is seeking this guy out like Blood Hounds on a scent trail, so you have to get there before they do.  All you know is that this guy is wanted for several counts of aggravated assault, resisting arrest, assault of a police officer, hit-and-run, and numerous felonies.

Excellent, I know everything! Nothing can stop me!

To sum it all up, they're like insane trolls being injected with a high dosage of assholeness.

Okay now I know where I stand. Thanks for the extra information.

Okay now I know where I stand. Thanks for the extra information.

No problem :wink:

Well not much more I can say expect for see you when it starts. *Gets up from chair and leaves the room*

Guest Mr. Mario

The MAIN guys that everyone should be worried about.  They are the big guns of the law and will use just about as much force to take down a suspect if needed.  For instance, if there is an escaped convict on the loose, expect a small army force or several S.W.A.T. units deployed to locate him/her.  If they are captured, they are to be killed on retrieval -- No questions asked.  Also, they have the ENTIRE bios of EVERYONE in Corneria Noir, so expect these guys to know EVERYTHING about your character.  To sum it all up, they're like insane trolls being injected with a high dosage of assholeness.

Whoa...for some reason, I don't know if it is just me but the FDA seems to remind me of the NCR in Fallout: New Vegas! Hopefully Butch won't go picking a fight with them if you know what I mean. :troll:

(Yeah...I really wouldn't want Butch to be evil AND lose karma. *refference*)

Whoa...for some reason, I don't know if it is just me but the FDA seems to remind me of the NCR in Fallout: New Vegas! Hopefully Butch won't go picking a fight with them if you know what I mean. :troll:

(Yeah...I really wouldn't want Butch to be evil AND lose karma. *refference*)

I have not played Fallout New Vegas, and do not plan to, so I'm justing pointing out how much of a threat these guys are.  But, its fine to keep Butch where he's at :wink:

Most of my Character's have much Hatred for people with such intentions, So i'll just throw in Scott and maybe another if this get's approved and I'm allowled in

Most of my Character's have much Hatred for people with such intentions, So i'll just throw in Scott and maybe another if this get's approved and I'm allowled in

Thats just fine :wink:

Bounty hunter Kursed

Recent Events have lead the bounty hunter known as Kursed back to Corneria ,although resenting the thought it's the only job she managed to come across. Her mission will eventually entangle her into" Rorschach's" case forcing her to ally the detective. The Former Starfox member has become alot Darker since she's left Lylat. Her powers may help or may hurt her depending on the situation.

Bounty hunter Kursed

Recent Events have lead the bounty hunter known as Kursed back to Corneria ,although resenting the thought it's the only job she managed to come across. Her mission will eventually entangle her into" Rorschach's" case forcing her to ally the detective. The Former Starfox member has become alot Darker since she's left Lylat. Her powers may help or may hurt her depending on the situation.

Approved  :)

Sorry to double post, but which side are you planning on putting Scott on, OneWinged?  With "Rorschach," gang bustlers, FDA, with the suspect?

Sorry to double post, but which side are you planning on putting Scott on, OneWinged?  With "Rorschach," gang bustlers, FDA, with the suspect?

Rorschach...

As another side-note, there WILL be some language in this since it's a partially corrupted, alternative dimensioned Corneria.

Daaaaamn that's a lot of characters to be playing. Maybe open some up for other people who want to participate.

Well, there was a reason why the player count is "Unlimited," so a good many people can join if they ask and their characters' bios fit the setting/atmosphere/mood of the story I am going for :)