Why do you live?

Sabre

Because life's worth living. There's countless pleassures for me to enjoy, challenges to overcome, new places to discover, people to help and support, and a very special someone to do it together with.

• 2 months later...

The idea of hope is as old as suffering (Literally)

And I agree with Sabre perfectly in that, if there wasn't a higher existence or after life, then living would be "As pointless as a book on how to read Spanish that's been translated into Spanish".

What keeps me doing what I do is knowing that I'm actually making a dent on reality that will actually affect the future, even after my mortal shell has broken down.

Dammit Milk you stole my post :(

Damnit Rob you stole my post :lol:

Playing and programming video games.

Oh yeah, also that

The idea of hope is as old as suffering (Literally)

And I agree with Sabre perfectly in that, if there wasn't a higher existence or after life, then living would be "As pointless as a book on how to read Spanish that's been translated into Spanish".

What keeps me doing what I do is knowing that I'm actually making a dent on reality that will actually affect the future, even after my mortal shell has broken down.

So what if life didn't have a point? That would mean that WE as individuals would MAKE OUR POINT. Sh@# happens so we move on. When we move on things get better. When things get better we get happier. When we get happier we get healthier. When we get healthier we live longer. When we live longer we get more wisdom from experience. When we obtain more wisdom and experience we pass it down to the next generation. Then the process repeats itself.

Well, seeing as I missed this topic back in December…

I live for a lot of things.

First and foremost, I live because that's what we humans are supposed to do. I believe in Jesus Christ so therefore I live for him, too. I try to tell about His word to others as well, as we're supposed to do that too.

Now my natural reasons for living?

I live for football, video games, books, photography, fun, etc, etc… It's all "fun" and I love "fun". I love all those things so much that if I weren't here I would be missing out on something amazing.

Most of all, I live for the woman I love. If anything ever gets too rough all I have to do is remind myself of her and everything's amazing again. Not a moment goes by without at least one thought of her.

As well as the people I love and the people who love me.

So I guess you could say I live for love…

I live because i didnt get run over by the bus a few days ago. That could've been tricky.

....Mabye because everyone has a role, purpose or Destiny of some sort...? ( I really dont know at this point)

I would say I live for God, but I'll leave religion out of this.

EAT SLEEP HAVE SEX DIE REPEAT

Contribute to the survival of the species, in other words.