Nova's Free Stuff Thread

Nova

Great idea for a thread Nova! :P

I would recommend Any Video Converter ( http://download.cnet.com/Any-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-10661456.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1d ) highly, it converts easily and has many output file types. 

I'd also say that Moyea's Youtube FLV downloader is beneficial ( http://www.moyea.com/flv-downloader/ )

I heard Youtube downloader isn't free anymore.  It stopped working for me...

I recommend Realplayer to any user here that may be a video downloading whore.  Like me

Finally came around to looking at this list, and as a Certified Tech I approve of this thread!!

It is legal to share songs you already purchased with friends. This is a client to do that. I dont support downloading songs from people you dont know. Thats illegal! :o

You purchase a CD - in the purchase price is included a personal license to you and you alone to enjoy the music content of this CD. This license does not allow you to copy the CD and/or distribute it to anyone else. To do so, is depriving those who recorded the music in the first place of revenue.

I heard Youtube downloader isn't free anymore.  It stopped working for me...

I recommend Realplayer to any user here that may be a video downloading whore.  Like me

DownloadHelper for firefox is canny.

Finally came around to looking at this list, and as a Certified Tech I approve of this thread!!

Cool, didnt know that.

Cool, didnt know that.

Of me being a tech?

I like how there is good and helpful software on this thread, and is helpful to others. Aside from those that were removed, but the ones that are on the thread now are excellent, tI love how AVG is up there, being the biggest plus of all from me, as it recommended by many, if not all security experts with the FBI, NSA and the CIA, and many private sector companies

AVG used to be a popular gamers choice because of (at one time) low system resources.

I'm a trained tech too, though my reasons were purely selfish. Imo, Smart Defrag, AVG and VLC are must haves for pretty much anyone. For the more tech savvy CCleaner, 7 zip and maybe Open Office.

Samutra PDF and Juice (podcatcher) are good for those who are more geeky in there media consuption.

AVG used to be a popular gamers choice because of (at one time) low system resources.

I'm a trained tech too, though my reasons were purely selfish. Imo, Smart Defrag, AVG and VLC are must haves for pretty much anyone. For the more tech savvy CCleaner, 7 zip and maybe Open Office.

Samutra PDF and Juice (podcatcher) are good for those who are more geeky in there media consuption.

Indeed, I could not agree with ya more Sabre! :D

You know that feeling, When you make somthing. Then people like it. And talk about it with you not around. Yeah.

feels-good-man.png

H'bout Sauerbraten?  That's a pretty good FPS and it's open source.  Also, what about Format Factory rather than any video converter?  I find it better, you can rip the audio right out of videos as well as change the format, and it works for things like video, audio, and pictures and stuff, turn a video to a GIF with it.

• 1 year later...

Necro-posting in the name of goodness. I ask that someone please unban my "Nova" account so i can continue to add to the OP and hopefully one day get it stickied for its 1337-freeness.

DZ, Hayley, Someone IDK whos a staff anymore they've all swapped around and left ect...

Since I am back anyways, -Unban the "Nova" title and I will continue on my good behaviour.

Why? You don't need two accounts...

Also, if you want to discuss this further, PM me. No need to dredge threads when you can just PM.

Also, remember, you only have one chance. You're in no position to make requests in the frame of "I will continue being good."