What's Can't Love Do?

Sabre

If we believe Disney, you would think that love will always find a way out of any tricky situation. While I don't believe this, it seems most, or at least alot, of people do. How far can it be pushed?

One example is the many LGBT themed works where the straight guy turns because, even though he likes girls, the power of love it to great to resist. In the real world however, I don't think any straight would turn reguardless of how many passionate please or mornful tears they recieve.

In a recent bit of crap (I might make a blog post about tomorrow) a woman tried to bully a man she was obsessed with into love. Again, if he's not interested, I doubt destroying his life would win him over, especially if your the one doing the destroying.

If we believe Disney, you would think that love will always find a way out of any tricky situation. While I don't believe this, it seems most, or at least alot, of people do. How far can it be pushed?

One example is the many LGBT themed works where the straight guy turns because, even though he likes girls, the power of love it to great to resist. In the real world however, I don't think any straight would turn reguardless of how many passionate please or mornful tears they recieve.

In a recent bit of crap (I might make a blog post about tomorrow) a woman tried to bully a man she was obsessed with into love. Again, if he's not interested, I doubt destroying his life would win him over, especially if your the one doing the destroying.

All three of those paragraphs have nothing in common besides the word "love." What's this topic getting at, anyway? The power of love or whether or not stalking a bloke is right or wrong?

I'll talk about all three just to be safe;

1. What? People believe that being in love makes all their problems go away? If this were the case, why are participants in so many couples employed? Surely they would rather not work because oooh love will solve their problems! No need for effort or anything. Once more, like you have done so many times in the past, you present a biased presumption against people who are in relationships, and seeing as you've stressed that you are unhappily single, I can only imagine why.

2. This depends on the person rather than the situation. If our alleged straight man has any capability of being bi, then he could crack if he really feels the way he does. If he really has no interest in men at all, he won't bite unless he's really that much of a doormat.

3. Well, yeah. That's kinda bad there and the woman should have been able to figure out that she'd just strengthen the wall between them. That isn't love at all even, as it's a two way street.

• Like 1

All in all love can't solve things like car insurance or high oil prices, but it certainly makes one feel much better in the worst of times.