Matriarchy

Sabre

A what if topic today.

For those unaware, patriarchy means a socity ruled by men. Goverment, Ethics, ect. Men have the power and are the boss basicly. On earth most political and social systems were patriarchy until recently.

Matriarchy is the opposate, a socity ruled by women. To date there are no human examples of this, but what if it did?

I got thinking about this when I came across some guy on the internet who had a fictisious world with that very setting. Unfortunatly it was mostly to serve his fetish fiction, but the idea was interesting? What, if anything, would be different had matriarchy been the norm?

Nothing. History would either run exactly like it does now, or it runs almost compleatly with few major changes. Same species, i highly doubt a diffrent gender would change things much else.

Matriarchy is the opposate, a socity ruled by women. To date there are no human examples of this, but what if it did?

Wrong. There have been many aboriginal peoples who lived in varying degrees of matriarchal societies. Of particular note was the Iroquois Confederacy.

While the chief of an Iroquois tribe was male, the tribe's council of mothers could vote to get rid of him. And the line of succession was usually determined by the chief's sister, not the chief himself.

"consensus among modern anthropologists and sociologists is that a strictly matriarchal society never existed." 'Matriarchy', Encyclopædia Britannica"

Plus, just because Britain has a queen, or Egypt had a female ruler as head doesn't mean matriarchy socity. One person isn't socity. I'm talking about complete social structre.

That's because peoples who are more matriarchal also tend to have high societal equality values. Even though there is a council of women leaders, women aren't superior. This means the societies are less top-down to start with. That doesn't mean the society is patriarchal. You're looking at something as black and white, when in reality you should be looking in full gray-scale.

That's because peoples who are more matriarchal also tend to have high societal equality values.

Is that causation or corrilation?

Even though there is a council of women leaders, women aren't superior. This means the societies are less top-down to start with. That doesn't mean the society is patriarchal. You're looking at something as black and white, when in reality you should be looking in full gray-scale.

I'm not sure what you are getting at. The idea of most of the power being mostly in the hands of males. Today that's not really the case in the modern west. My point was, what if intimes or places where such equality doesn't exsist what if anything would be different.

The premise is basicly a flawed feminist wet dream anyway.