Crisis in Libya

"User"

Unlike the mostly peaceful protests in Egypt that gripped the news for two weeks or so the same stuff has been going down in Libya for a similar period of time so far. Only Colonel Gaddafi, the dictator of Libya has reacted violently by shooting his own people and having foreign mercenaries go after them. So much for peaceful protests...as the rebels have seized most of the major cities in Libya and it's only a matter of time before they march on the capital. Amongst the killings (war crimes), U.N. sanctions and international condemnation is the root cause of it all - Gaddafi himself. This crazy man has been blaming everything and everyone but the kitchen sink for the problems right now and he refuses to step down, stating that he will find to the death to preserve his reign (he has been leader since 1969).

This guys days are numbered and with more and more of his top officials and ambassadors turning against him it's probably only a matter of time before someone barges into his house and blows his ass to kingdom come.

Thoughts?

Oh, and for those of you who like the Hitler parodies (and I knew this was coming) a new one has just been released concerning Gaddafi.

Again, Im not a news guy so I don't know anything about the topic. However

Only Colonel Gaddafi, the dictator of Libya has reacted violently by shooting his own people and having foreign mercenaries go after them.

This is what I expected to happen in ejypt.

What's with all these revolutions lately? Did democrasy unlock for all players? I'm telling you, scientific victory is the way to go. (is a civ reference)

Again, Im not a news guy so I don't know anything about the topic. However

This is what I expected to happen in ejypt.

What's with all these revolutions lately? Did democrasy unlock for all players? I'm telling you, scientific victory is the way to go. (is a civ reference)

Tunsia started it, Egypt made it popular, and now its going through the Middle East.

Unlike the mostly peaceful protests in Egypt that gripped the news for two weeks or so the same stuff has been going down in Libya for a similar period of time so far. Only Colonel Gaddafi, the dictator of Libya has reacted violently by shooting his own people and having foreign mercenaries go after them. So much for peaceful protests...as the rebels have seized most of the major cities in Libya and it's only a matter of time before they march on the capital. Amongst the killings (war crimes), U.N. sanctions and international condemnation is the root cause of it all - Gaddafi himself. This crazy man has been blaming everything and everyone but the kitchen sink for the problems right now and he refuses to step down, stating that he will find to the death to preserve his reign (he has been leader since 1969).

Sonofabitch...I opened the thread thinking that Crysis 2 switched locations (NY to Libya) oh god... Gaddafi is going to hell...

Sonofabitch...I opened the thread thinking that Crysis 2 switched locations (NY to Libya) oh god... Gaddafi is going to hell...

You need to focus on the real world more than the fantasy world. :P

In somewhat related news, I hope that the next CoD game focuses on all these conflicts over the Middle East - that would be cool. :)

You need to focus on the real world more than the fantasy world. :P

In somewhat related news, I hope that the next CoD game focuses on all these conflicts over the Middle East - that would be cool. :)

I'd play that it'd be like a MW3 or sumptin.

I'm certain Gadhafi's the next Arab dictator to be taken down, and hard.

I'm certain Gadhafi's the next Arab dictator to be taken down, and hard.

He's grasping at straws now by accepting a Venezuelan recommendation to negotiate for peace with the protesters and other countries. He must be really depraved if he thinks that after killing his own citizens this would fly. >_>

Him and Chávez (who also is a couple of arrows short of a quiver) need to....disappear!

He's grasping at straws now by accepting a Venezuelan recommendation to negotiate for peace with the protesters and other countries. He must be really depraved if he thinks that after killing his own citizens this would fly. >_>

Him and Chávez (who also is a couple of arrows short of a quiver) need to....disappear!

I agree completely. Especially if by "disappear" you mean "be killed". Karma's a bi@#$.

Seems that Libya is in a civil war now, although the news keeps using the lines of "It's getting closer to civil war" or "teetering towards civil war". Preposterous! It's quite obvious to everyone and I don't know what definition of "civil war" the media is thinking of. NATO needs to establish a no-fly zone and give the rebels a hand here, instead of just sitting by and condemning and demanding for three weeks. All talk and no action is what the U.N. is made up of these days. I find it hilarious that the U.N. and NATO can just sit by and let foreign mercenaries hired by Gaddafi attack the rebels but are too afraid to help the rebels with their "foreign" soldiers.

For those of you who want to know just how deranged Gaddafi is, check out this video. Hitler does an interview with the man.

The people are rioting, his officials are turning against him, It's all academic, he won't be in power if he loses his military.

• 4 weeks later...

No, these are the LIBYAN BADASS REBELS

Bipod? EFF DAT CRAP!

libyan-rebels.jpg?w=640&h=361

EDIT: Aw, crap, double post... please delete this.