If you think Wisconsin was bad....

"User"

...then potentially Michigan could be even worse down the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUpO1QFMDtM&feature=player_embedded#at=266

A friend of mine just linked this to me now, so I really haven't had a chance to try and get a more neutral POV on it instead of this apocalyptic sounding version from MSNBC which really doesn't surprise me.

So for everyone else, what are your thoughts and if someone could take an in depth look at it for the time being I'd be much obliged as I'm heading to bed.

...then potentially Michigan could be even worse down the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUpO1QFMDtM&feature=player_embedded#at=266

A friend of mine just linked this to me now, so I really haven't had a chance to try and get a more neutral POV on it instead of this apocalyptic sounding version from MSNBC which really doesn't surprise me.

So for everyone else, what are your thoughts and if someone could take an in depth look at it for the time being I'd be much obliged as I'm heading to bed.

User,User,User...when will you learn that society is doomed as well?

This country's been fucked up since 2007. This wouldn't have happened if the Federal gov't. would stop spending so much money on shit we don't need.

This country's been fucked up since 2007. This wouldn't have happened if the Federal gov't. would stop spending so much money on shit we don't need.

Why 2007 in particular? Sounds oddly specific.

Why 2007 in particular? Sounds oddly specific.

He's referring to the recession that "officially" started in December 2007 I think.

He's referring to the recession that "officially" started in December 2007 I think.

Yeah.

But to be on topic, I think the first part of what Snyder wants to do seems typical. Raising taxes on elderly and poor to give breaks to corporations. that's been done before. Not surprising. but taking away the right to vote and allowing officals to end towns is a little fucked up. But hey. I'm not in Michigan so it's none of my concern.

Yeah.

But to be on topic, I think the first part of what Snyder wants to do seems typical. Raising taxes on elderly and poor to give breaks to corporations. that's been done before. Not surprising. but taking away the right to vote and allowing officals to end towns is a little fucked up. But hey. I'm not in Michigan so it's none of my concern.

Michigan's ecomony from what I've heard is among the worst, if not the worst in the U.S. For tourists like me though, it's a very good place to find very cheap prices on just about anything and to take advantage of the ecomony. :)

I'll be heading down there next Friday night on my way to Wisconsin.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUdge

Ballisticwaffles you have one too many U's in that one word statement, it has broken the forum layout as a result. :shock:

Michigan's ecomony from what I've heard is among the worst, if not the worst in the U.S. For tourists like me though, it's a very good place to find very cheap prices on just about anything and to take advantage of the ecomony. :)

I'll be heading down there next Friday night on my way to Wisconsin.

Michigan's Economy.

Very interesting, even though it's more than two years out of date and the problem has gotten considerably worse then. Hard to believe that just over a couple of years ago the national unemployment rate was only 6.1%. :(

I have a number of friends in Michigan and they tell me that there are a good number of people with BA's or other higher education who can't find any work in their field. One guy has a criminal justice degree and when a job opened up that he was qualified for there were another 100+ people applying for it! Heck, I was talking to a friend just last night and he was telling me that if you can find ANY full time job to considering yourself lucky.

Detroit is probably the city I end up visiting most often (that or Chicago) and it's really sad when I drive all over Detroit and the roads and structures are in such a state of disrepair and I think to myself how much more life was prosperous and better back in the 50's and 60's when Detroit had a population in the millions and now it's under 1 million. I feel for everyone who lives there. :(