Censorship?

Sabre

Yay or nay?

In 2007 America experienced a mini baby boom. now it's 2011 and those babies are learning to pick up a controler. Because of this many companies are self consoring, claiming we should think of the children. Most don't come out and say it, but given how 18 rated games market to kids anyway (Im told there is no law stopping kids from buying 18 games in the US) and the fact 18 rated games tend to do better I doubt they are doing it for sales.

A perfect example of what I'm talking about is the id game Rage, which is not having any blood despite what they trailers show. It's not just blood and gore. Recently Double Fine, makers of mentally challenging games like Psyconaughts and Grim Fandango as well as the gore fest Brutal Legends has recently been churning out 'kiddie' games like costume quest and the up coming seseame street game.

I'm strongly against this. Theres nothing wrong with kid friendly, but consorship, self imposed or otherwise, is bad imo.

Major spelling error here.

CENSORSHIP

So, yeah, I don't really care. I can find a way to get uncensored games and stuff like that.

Economically, your position would cost the companies money.

Think about it.

If an Entire group of people are ignored by an industry, then your not making any money.

Economically, your position would cost the companies money.

And I care why?

82_1.jpg

NOt specifically you, but More liek every ones posts.

Its not more that they are censoring themselves, its more that they are pandering to greater audiances to make more money to mak emoar games.