The Ramblings of DarthDelgado

DarthDelgado

I've just discovered this thread and realized what a great opportunity it could be for everyone to get to know me, and my views.

So Happy Easter to everyone. To my foreign readers happy early/delayed Easter. To my non Christian friends, Happy Sunday!

Are shooters overcrowding the video game market?

This question has popped into my head several times, and it has again. There are SO MANY shooting games that its ridiculous. I myself have actually gotten tired of them, because all you do is run and gun. Don't tell me there's a story, because shooting games now have no story what so ever. The main focus has been changed to online multiplayer. It runs its course quickly, there's just nothing to do! Not just in Call of Duty, the now infamous (the word, not the game) franchise, but every shooting game.

So you look for another game to play, but you can't find one because EVERY GAME YOU OWN IS A SHOOTING GAME! This is why I'm looking forward to games such as inFamous 2, Uncharted 3, and MGS Rising, because their NOT F****** SHOOTERS!!!

I'm also pissed off that the PlayStation Network is down cause of hackers. I wanted to try out Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's multiplayer, but I can't! Boy, I feel sorry for people who's only game is M.A.G.

Another thing I don't like is all the 3D movies now. There are too many! 3D used to be a cheap gimmick used when a movie got to its 3rd sequel. Now, it's used all the time! I see where it could messed up. There are so many movies in 3D that some might think if their movie isn't in 3D than no one would watch it. I agree 100%, but it shouldn't have to be this way! Sooner or later, 3D will run its course. "Oops, now what do we do?" 4D movies? Yeah, whatever. Lets get to work on virtual reality movies, guys.

That about wraps it up for today. I'm thinking about updating this every 2 days, sound good?

I love this.

Are shooters overcrowding the video game market?

Kinda, I have seen a lot of uninspired shooters these years.

I have a feeling that, in a near future, "WorldWide Sandbox" RPGs will do the same thing.

Another thing I don't like is all the 3D movies now.

I agree. It's expensive and, most of the time, it's used in the wrong way or for the wrong movie. Also, I NEED to wear my normal glasses when I am watching a movie, or I will have problems understanding what the hell is happening on the screen ( My view goes all blurry when I'm looking at something too far from me ).

Okay, okay... I know they created larger 3d glasses and they fit well when you're wearing your normal ones, but no, [sarcasm] that technology is too fucking advanced for one of the most famous cinemas in Cagliari [/sarcasm] *throws crappy 3D glasses out of the window while raging*.

OMG LUHC AT RESIDENT EVOHL AFTELAHYF! IZ IN THREEDEE!

There certainly are alot of shooters being released recently but I find that pretty much EVERYTHING has been shitty with the exception of Portal 2, Mortal Combat, Soccom 4 and a select few others.

Keep in mind that there is still plenty of older games that have an incredibly high replay value. I find myself playing great games like Half Life 2 and other Valve Games.

There are like 100,000 different games that you havent played yet. The game doesnt have to be new to be amazing.

Try not playing new releases and get yourself the known classics. Try something and maybe you'll be inspired to play a whole new genre of games.

I agree with Nova when it comes to the current market and shooters, but AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT ACTUALLY LIKES THE IDEA OF 3D MOVIES? Really, if done right, things can look nothing less than AMAZING. The problem is, usually when they release a film in 3D, the 3D was added in post-production and not filmed natively in 3D. That usually creates a bland effect that detracts from the movie experience. If they actually take the time, money, and effort, it will turn out nicely. ^_^

Kinda, I have seen a lot of uninspired shooters these years.

I have a feeling that, in a near future, "WorldWide Sandbox" RPGs will do the same thing.

Probably, there are a lot of those too.

There certainly are alot of shooters being released recently but I find that pretty much EVERYTHING has been shitty with the exception of Portal 2, Mortal Combat, Soccom 4 and a select few others.

Keep in mind that there is still plenty of older games that have an incredibly high replay value. I find myself playing great games like Half Life 2 and other Valve Games.

There are like 100,000 different games that you havent played yet. The game doesnt have to be new to be amazing.

Try not playing new releases and get yourself the known classics. Try something and maybe you'll be inspired to play a whole new genre of games.

My problem is with how many different uninspired, boring shooters there are, and that it will probably end up screwing with the industry.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT ACTUALLY LIKES THE IDEA OF 3D GAMING?

No one said anything about 3D gaming :P

No one said anything about 3D gaming :P

Damn typos, fix'd now :lol:

Damn typos, fix'd now :lol:

good for you.

Agree totally about the shooters, has been an oversubscribed genre for many a year now, but since the Modern Warfare series came out it seems everybody wants in on the whole "generic war storyline & Online Death Match" Market. I like a good FPS, don't get me wrong, as despite being overrated by many I still find the Halo series fun to play now and then, it's just been over hyped and spawned a load of much more mediocre clones. It's the curse of any good product, people will jump on the bandwagon and make mediocre clones In order to cash in.

Same goes for RPGs and Sabdbox games. Whilst I'm not a fan by any means of either, for every decent effort or established franchise like Elder Scrolls or GTA there will be numerous poorly made and cliched clones making money off the back of better games. What I don't get though is the criticism some gamers have for linearity in recent years. Sure, a Star Fox forum probably isn't the best place to find people with this view, but sometimes a more on rails game can leave greater space for storytelling and give heavier focus on intense gameplay. Whilst many shooters are mindless bang bang affairs, it's certainly more of an adrenaline rush to play 30 mins of a linear shmup or FPS than an open world game where you may (seemingly) achieve very little in an hours play.

So that's my beef with gaming these days, similar to yours really OP. I was also going to say that games have little charm these days, but having just finished Portal 2 today, such a statement has suddenly become a tad redundant! Haven't enjoyed a new game so much in a while, interesting gameplay and a relatively dark story but it's also silly enough to have that instant likability :)

Agree totally about the shooters, has been an oversubscribed genre for many a year now, but since the Modern Warfare series came out it seems everybody wants in on the whole "generic war storyline & Online Death Match" Market. I like a good FPS, don't get me wrong, as despite being overrated by many I still find the Halo series fun to play now and then, it's just been over hyped and spawned a load of much more mediocre clones. It's the curse of any good product, people will jump on the bandwagon and make mediocre clones In order to cash in.

Same goes for RPGs and Sabdbox games. Whilst I'm not a fan by any means of either, for every decent effort or established franchise like Elder Scrolls or GTA there will be numerous poorly made and cliched clones making money off the back of better games. What I don't get though is the criticism some gamers have for linearity in recent years. Sure, a Star Fox forum probably isn't the best place to find people with this view, but sometimes a more on rails game can leave greater space for storytelling and give heavier focus on intense gameplay. Whilst many shooters are mindless bang bang affairs, it's certainly more of an adrenaline rush to play 30 mins of a linear shmup or FPS than an open world game where you may (seemingly) achieve very little in an hours play.

So that's my beef with gaming these days, similar to yours really OP. I was also going to say that games have little charm these days, but having just finished Portal 2 today, such a statement has suddenly become a tad redundant! Haven't enjoyed a new game so much in a while, interesting gameplay and a relatively dark story but it's also silly enough to have that instant likability :)

Your thoughts are interesting, and I would have to agree.

Okay so I lied, I'm gonna try to update this daily.

The Playstation Network is still down. I'm really mad because I want to play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's multiplayer. Isn't it a little ironic that some one hacked their PS3 and brought down the whole PSN? ... But at the same time, isn't it so stupid that SOMEONE HACKED THEIR PS3 AND BROUGHT DOWN THE WHOLE PSN? :facepalm::evil:

Lately I've been wanting a 3DS but its just too darned expensive... but I've made a whole thread about that.

I've previously stated that I can't stand shooters nowadays, and many of you brought good arguments against that. However, I still stand by what I said. There are to many boring, unoriginal shooters taking up the market now. What I'm really ashamed of is how people are eating them up. Its like "OMGSHOOTINGSHOOTINGKILLINGKILLINGHAHAHAHAHA!!! That is what really makes me mad about the whole thing.

So that's it for today. It was mostly about video games this time, I guess that's just what I have on the mind.